MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #101
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
All I know is that I work and while at work, I am preoccupied with the next track event. I can not wait until the weekend comes.

Relationships aren't since this started.

The introductions have gone like this,

"Hi, I am Brandt. I ride motorcycles every single weekend. There is nothing I would rather do and frankly, the riding of my bike will always come before you. You are more than welcome to come out, but it will suck for you. It will be hot, and boring. I will want to talk with the fellas and not you. Monday I will be recuperating. And tuesday I will see my daughter. Wednesday I will go to pp1 and thursday will be fiddy night. We can hang on friday, but I gotta go to bed early so I am ready for Saturday. SO anyway, it is nice to meet you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Surprisingly, a few have said yes! lol

Best try to find someone that rides too.
that's what YOU think!!!

before you know it, you'll be twice as broke, half the seat time, argueing at the track, and leaving the day early if she gets hurt.

it's best to leave the worries behind you while you ride...i mean, this IS a dangerous sport, and the last thing you need is someone at you before you go out on your session. riding mad is riding stupid.

nothing against the women, because this also applies to you (just replace all the she/her/ with him/he/nagging.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart Track Day - 7.18.2009 @MSRC - 3.1Mi Track Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 07-14-2009 07:19 PM
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
Track day in two days!!!!!! SPYDER BITE Events, Meets and Rides 77 03-08-2008 06:44 AM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #102
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
me and my ex-fiance split because motorcycles consumed my life. i spent all my time and money on bike related stuff and wouldn't let her get involved. why? because the track is MY hobby, and MY time away from everything....and i'll be damned if a woman came and ruined the only thing i enjoy doing.
she wanted to come be your pit and you denied her?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #103
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Cool

Quote:
that's what YOU think!!!

before you know it, you'll be twice as broke, half the seat time, argueing at the track, and leaving the day early if she gets hurt.

it's best to leave the worries behind you while you ride...i mean, this IS a dangerous sport, and the last thing you need is someone at you before you go out on your session. riding mad is riding stupid.

nothing against the women, because this also applies to you (just replace all the she/her/ with him/he/nagging.
I take my wife with me to every track. But she supports me, not at me. She doesn't really like me doing this but if it is important to me, she is supportive. If she wasn't, her would be at home!

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #104
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post
she wanted to come be your pit and you denied her?
no she wanted to ride his bike! I'd kick her to the curb too!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #105
cyrick21
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
1999 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to cyrick21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshotwound View Post
I take my wife with me to every track. But she supports me, not at me. She doesn't really like me doing this but if it is important to me, she is supportive. If she wasn't, her would be at home!
My girl supports me in riding, and as far as I can tell she doesn't mind when I ride. As of next year she is getting her bike and will be out there as well....

http://cyrick21.mybrute.com/
cyrick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #106
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Quote:
No...we'll be leaving early because HE got hurt

couldn't help myself
Old 10-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #107
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Chassis View Post
No...we'll be leaving early because HE got hurt

couldn't help myself

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #108
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrick21 View Post
My girl supports me in riding, and as far as I can tell she doesn't mind when I ride. As of next year she is getting her bike and will be out there as well....
Maybe you could have her follow you in a "chase car" around the track like those chicks followed thier dudes on that forest ride a few weeks ago.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #109
cyrick21
RIP Coach Dave

Bike(s):
1999 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to cyrick21
Quote:
Maybe you could have her follow you in a "chase car" around the track like those chicks followed thier dudes on that forest ride a few weeks ago.

http://cyrick21.mybrute.com/
cyrick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #110
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #111
GPracer33

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR 600RR
2004 Honda CBR 600 RR

Member Garage

Well I am more than willing to help out in anyway budy.
GPracer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #112
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPracer33 View Post
Well I am more than willing to help out in anyway budy.
Holy Wes! You learned how to post!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #113
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mr.haterz
to drag knee and pimp out my space suit
Old 10-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #114
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshotwound View Post
HA HA...my wife sent this to me in an e-mail yesterday. this is a portion of a yahoo article....4 types of chumps women shouldn't marry...she said I fall into chump #2 Category

Chump #1: The Workaholic Hotshot

This guy is always dressed to the nines, because he's loaded. Simmer down -- the cash flow comes at a price. He toils until the wee hours, then loosens his tie and parties like there's no tomorrow. Unfortunately, there is a tomorrow, and it starts in like three hours. What little time he has for you will be shared with his BlackBerry. The ugly truth: Money is the love of his life, and you come in second -- or third, since he's probably crunching more than numbers with his secretary.

Chump #2: The Adrenaline Junkie

This dude skydives, surfs, runs with the bulls -- anything for that rush. And he has the sick abs and chiseled arms to prove it. But to keep him happy, you need to be in perpetual motion too. This guy does not like to sit around, and he doesn't like for you to sit around either. And it isn't just a phase. In his late 30s, he'll get into marathons, and they'll lead to triathlons and eventually to the Ironman competition. Yeah, that means a trip to Hawaii, but instead of chilling on the beach you'll be cheering him on from the sidelines. Having fun yet?

Chump #3: The Nice Guy With a Chip on His Shoulder

He'll ridicule the "tools who are trying too hard" with bold clothing choices to seem down-to-earth, but here's his dirty little secret: He spends just as much time picking out his outfit as his more fashion-conscious counterparts do. Under the casual exterior is a calculating killjoy with mom issues. He'll stand at the bar thinking, "Why is that girl going for that dude over there? One day, she'll come to her senses and get with a nice guy like me!" The truth is, he's so preoccupied with being overlooked that he'd be totally oblivious to your attention.

Chump #4: The Smooth Operator

He's the type that rolls up to the club in an Escalade and holds court in the VIP section, ordering bottle service all night. He scores women with entertaining small talk and name-dropping. Yeah, he's a Casanova in a skull cap (it replaced his trucker hat about a year ago). But this guy spells trouble. It takes confidence to pull it off with a straight face -- too much confidence. (There is such a thing.) He'll shower you with attention, but beware: You may not be the only chick in that shower!
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #115
MANSON6

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 636

I do it because it is cheaper then drugs,beer,Women and most other things. Also my wife goes with me to each track and besides spending time with her and my kiddos at the track doing what I love to do is priceless. And I guess since i don't ride street anymore it's the only place to relieve everyday stress. I also have anger problems so this is my relief from destroying to much stuff in my path.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:14 PM   #116
R6Nick
Ultimate Traffic Stopper

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
03 Yamaha R6
08 CRF Fiddy

Quote:
well let's see....i spent about $25-30,000 last year on bike related stuff. (tires, trackdays, maintenance, upgrades, fuel for the track and to get to the track, hotel stays while attending the track, race entry fees, race license fees, etc, etc, etc.)

this year i decided to save some money and not spend so much....so far i've spent around $10,000....so i think i'm doing pretty good.

and yes, i feel pretty addicted. the track is my place of forgetting. i go there and TRY to leave all my worries behind....when i worry about at the track....i don't ride til my mind is clear.

me and my ex-fiance split because motorcycles consumed my life. i spent all my time and money on bike related stuff and wouldn't let her get involved. why? because the track is MY hobby, and MY time away from everything....and i'll be damned if a woman came and ruined the only thing i enjoy doing.
AMEN BRO!!!!!

My first trackday is TOMORROW!!!! ( Woo-Hoo) and i'm so excited...I have spent a shitload of money these last few weeks annd i'm about to lose my g/f also....but my choice though...tired of hearing the BS allready and I haven't even BEGUN YET!!!!

signaturecoachdavecopy
R6Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #117
rc51eviltwin

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
:e ek3:

Depends on your personality I guess. You can buy a beater salvage bike and do basic maintenance and have just as much fun as anyone on the track. But then you want to go faster ......
OF COURSE it starts with Body work, paint and 10HP stickers. Next you go to PCIII's, power shifters and will quickly progress to "SUSPENTION" which makes your addiction official as everyone around you swears you'll drop another 10 seconds, maybe more if you run race rubber.
And then someone will convince you that endurance racing is the best bang for your seat time dollar and you'll go racing
. Soon you'll see the sprinters and make the logical connection that you are getting faster and want closer, faster racing. So now you are a full blown racer with two bike so you can compete in several classes and you are wondering how this all happened.
You will show up at a track day again, now running the expert session. You'll see some guy on an old beater GSXR SRAD who will smoke you like a schwag doobie having the time of his life on the ugliest, cheapest bike on the track.
Moral of the story is it is just another expression of who we are and what makes us each unique. Some enjoy moderation, some devour excess.

+1
i am this far,and may have to skip right into sprints....
i blame Marv Easterly,,,,
on my first trackday i ventured on my own and drove 5 hours to MSR-C not knowing the first thing about the track with a race prepped SV i had never rode that i bought from Craig Motgomery.now i own a race prepped 2007gsxr600 and a 2007 cbr600 and a duc 748 future track bike mongst other street bikes.
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #118
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

i went because i bet brena a sammich.

she cheated.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #119
Brena23
Mothernugget

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
i went because i bet brena a sammich.

she cheated.

Im sorry, WHAT????????

And how did I cheat exactly? I was riding like , april ran faster than you on her first day. Gixergirloh2 and me ran a 1:57 something on her first day... Sorry mike girls are just better than you.... One day you will come to the realization

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement