Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #41
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano3090 View Post
addictive, yes..... expensive, yes.....however, if you love to ride, it's money well spent. It will make you a much better/safer rider.

wives/girlfriends come and go..... track day experience is with you forever.
Unless youve got kids with em...lol, then "Its cheaper to keep 'er"

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart Track Day - 7.18.2009 @MSRC - 3.1Mi Track Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 07-14-2009 07:19 PM
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
Track day in two days!!!!!! SPYDER BITE Events, Meets and Rides 77 03-08-2008 06:44 AM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #42
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Zen View Post
Is it really that addictive...and expensive?
:e ek3:

Depends on your personality I guess. You can buy a beater salvage bike and do basic maintenance and have just as much fun as anyone on the track. But then you want to go faster ......
OF COURSE it starts with Body work, paint and 10HP stickers. Next you go to PCIII's, power shifters and will quickly progress to "SUSPENTION" which makes your addiction official as everyone around you swears you'll drop another 10 seconds, maybe more if you run race rubber.
And then someone will convince you that endurance racing is the best bang for your seat time dollar and you'll go racing. Soon you'll see the sprinters and make the logical connection that you are getting faster and want closer, faster racing. So now you are a full blown racer with two bike so you can compete in several classes and you are wondering how this all happened.
You will show up at a track day again, now running the expert session. You'll see some guy on an old beater GSXR SRAD who will smoke you like a schwag doobie having the time of his life on the ugliest, cheapest bike on the track.
Moral of the story is it is just another expression of who we are and what makes us each unique. Some enjoy moderation, some devour excess.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #43
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
scratch that, i've already spent well over 10k this year.....i totally forgot about my sv650

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #44
JDUB

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR-600 SOLD
2006 GSXR-1000 TrackWhore SOLD
HD 93 FLFTS Custom SOLD
HD 09 FXDC (KIA) :(
HD 2015 FLHX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
why did i go?

To get faster

Why do i still go?

Because i'm still not fast. :(
Wait! I' calling bullchit on this one! I TRIED following you at GSS and you were hauling on a stunt bike! But really, great lines and smooth smooth!

But I'm still trying to get fast!

I like my women like I like my tires...HOT and STICKY!
JDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #45
maxgs

Member Garage

Buck, if I was 25 that would be me. So now I'm stuck with being the older fat guy who holds people up in the corners. Ba ha ha ha.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #46
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Moral of the story is it is just another expression of who we are and what makes us each unique.
Yep!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #47
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Buck, if I was 25 that would be me. So now I'm stuck with being the older fat guy who holds people up in the corners. Ba ha ha ha.
got cha beat im 29 and holding people up!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #48
maxgs

Member Garage

Yes, but those air brushed leathers look pretty good.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #49
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
wondering how this all happened
Got that right, Buck. October 31, 1987. And now it's 21 years later, and I'm still wondering what the happened. Old, broken, and sore all the time, but I'm still having fun. I'm way more than F40 legal now, so I'm just in cruise mode these days...but I still love swapping paint with Jody (et al).
Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #50
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I saw too many friends hurt and bikes damaged from playing on the streets. One of the riders in our group ( a CMRA racer) suggested I come try out a track day with him. I did a novice day and school with LSTD and just kept looking for opportunities to ride the track. Did so many with TTD that they offered me a chance to work control & grid. Now I'm hooked, my wife is , and I haven't decided what to do about it. I feel like I have a 2nd family at the track. It's as much a social gathering as it is a riding event.

I don't have the urge to race. I just compete with myself and try to improve something each track day. I like talking to the newbies and learning from the people who have been around. DustinJ has really helped me out and spent a lot of time working with me. But Candie, Bubby, Godzuki, Todd, Trevor, and Alonzo just to name a few have all played a roll in my learning process.

Why did I start? Because I wanted to live.

Why do I keep coming? Because I don't want to live without it.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #51
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Yes, but those air brushed leathers look pretty good.
if i can stay off the pavement with them.lol oh well im thinking bout level 4 on Sat prolly too fast for me but what the .lol
Old 10-27-2008, 09:20 PM   #52
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

All I know is that I work and while at work, I am preoccupied with the next track event. I can not wait until the weekend comes.

Relationships aren't since this started.

The introductions have gone like this,

"Hi, I am Brandt. I ride motorcycles every single weekend. There is nothing I would rather do and frankly, the riding of my bike will always come before you. You are more than welcome to come out, but it will suck for you. It will be hot, and boring. I will want to talk with the fellas and not you. Monday I will be recuperating. And tuesday I will see my daughter. Wednesday I will go to pp1 and thursday will be fiddy night. We can hang on friday, but I gotta go to bed early so I am ready for Saturday. SO anyway, it is nice to meet you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Surprisingly, a few have said yes! lol

Best try to find someone that rides too.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:20 PM   #53
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
All I know is that I work and while at work, I am preoccupied with the next track event. I can not wait until the weekend comes.

"Hi, I am Brandt. I ride motorcycles every single weekend. There is nothing I would rather do and frankly, the riding of my bike will always come before you. You are more than welcome to come out, but it will suck for you. It will be hot, and boring. I will want to talk with the fellas and not you. Monday I will be recuperating. And tuesday I will see my daughter. Wednesday I will go to pp1 and thursday will be fiddy night. We can hang on friday, but I gotta go to bed early so I am ready for Saturday. SO anyway, it is nice to meet you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #54
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:

Surprisingly, a few have said yes! lol

yeah i never would have thought that worked! you can get extra poser points for bringing a hot chick out for me to talk to while u talk to the fellas!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #55
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
yeah i never would have thought that worked! you can get extra poser points for bringing a hot chick out for me to talk to while u talk to the fellas!
They only say yes, cuz they dont think it is real. They usually last about 30 days and see that I wasn't kidding, then they are like, "oh, no!"
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #56
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Thats a perfect relationship! Why r u complaining? lol
Old 10-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #57
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Well after having a hubby that rode bikes for years while we were married I finally thought I might want one!! Bought a bike and less than a year later I did my first trackday!! My main reason for doing the track was to learn how to properly ride my bike!! I was very hesitant on cornering while riding on the street!!! During my first trackday I got the scared out of me and wanted to give up!!! After many, many tears Alonzo and Jason talked me into going back out there and I did so with the intention of just getting the day over with!!!! 8 months went by and I decided to try it again!!! After that day I was hooked!! Tim did one a few months after me and here we are 40+ trackays later!!..... Starting out I never had the intention of being a track addict but it just gets in your blood!!!

I love it even more because Tim and I do it together!! I would love to be "fast" but I started the hobby late in life and I don't have the drive to be super fast because that comes with great risk!!! I am content with be smooth and consistant and then going home happy, tired and broke to my family!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #58
TX-Zen
Meme Machine

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 R6

Send a message via MSN to TX-Zen
Quote:
No that would be me, if I ever get out there lol

R6Izzy Sig
TX-Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #59
TX-Zen
Meme Machine

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 R6

Send a message via MSN to TX-Zen
Quote:

LMAO

R6Izzy Sig
TX-Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #60
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Cuz riding a Motorcycle is like smoking pot
and riding a motorcycle on the track is like is like smoking pot and smoking crack. And oh yea and it's safer than smoking pot and crack on the street.

Advertisement