Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #41
lorin70

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
forgot to add at least for me I don't roll on throttle too hard in the beginning of turn 10 cuz me rear likes to step out quite a bit there if I over do it and high sides aren't me favorite these days lol. Ironic turn 10 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) is the same way which me found out the hard way
I'm glad to see people confirming my suspicions about turn 10 being slick if taken too wide. The last track day there I tried a line that was a little wider exiting 10 and for 3 laps in a row the back end stepped out quite a bit. I quit using that line and everything was ok. I had a new tire on the rear and was curious why it was stepping out on that turn and wondered if it was the tire or something on the track. Now I know it must be pavement characteristics.
FZ6
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happens when you forget the bus stop is there ConcordEagle Taking it to the Track 18 10-28-2014 07:14 PM
Bus Stop NastyNate Events, Meets and Rides 2 03-10-2010 07:06 AM
BUS STOP VS PP# MudBug Off Topic 25 08-26-2009 01:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #42
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Interesting information, Buck. I used to exit the key hole and use all the track to the right and then swing the bike all the way back to the left. As such the bike was always leaned and I couldn't (or wouldn't) get all the way into the throttle. Mr Whoopie followed me through there as did Larry and talked to me about not needing to use all the track. And then, a gentleman from MH sent me his G2X data and i saw his line through there.

I'm treating 9 as a throw away turn, just using it to get set up for 10 and the exit onto the back straight. I'll think about your recommendation and perhaps do a little of both, not use the track to the right but still swing the back back to the left to help my entrance into 10.

-Curt
quicker lap time counts every corner.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 PM   #43
maxgs

Member Garage

Setting up properly to make the most of the straights is important. Charging into a corner only to be out of position on the subsequent straight isn't fast. Hence describing 9 as a throw away turn; it's used to maximize exit speed and bike position for 10 and the upcoming back straight. Same thing with Turn 13 on TWS (Texas World Speedway).
Old 10-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #44
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorin70 View Post
I'm glad to see people confirming my suspicions about turn 10 being slick if taken too wide. The last track day there I tried a line that was a little wider exiting 10 and for 3 laps in a row the back end stepped out quite a bit. I quit using that line and everything was ok. I had a new tire on the rear and was curious why it was stepping out on that turn and wondered if it was the tire or something on the track. Now I know it must be pavement characteristics.
T10 is quite a bit off camber, so that coupled with the ripples in the pavement is what causes the heavy handed to step out in that section. Most camber of any turn on that track.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #45
Ridesmart

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

...Win XP? You're behind the times bro....lol. J/K.
Sure must be nice to have this toy.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement