Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
4x4 AG

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
ZX6R - sold
200cc minibike -sold
1986 TRX125
1986 TRX250r

Mini Question ???

I have a mini that i am playing with and i want to make it have better accel. so that it will get up and go, but don't want to lose all of the top end.

Here is my question. stock sproket in front, but what do i need in the rear? i have a 60t on there now. i think there is also a 72t avail. what should I go with?

Also it has a #35 chain on it, but they offer to up it to a #40/41 chain. would that be a good upgrade? or is it not necessary?

Thanks. I know this is off the wall, but all input is welcome.
4x4 AG is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need a mini Jofuzzy Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 22 05-22-2010 12:30 AM
tmgp mini question??? Thomas Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 8 11-03-2009 07:20 PM
mini nitrous set-up question Speedfreak Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 14 01-01-2008 04:17 PM
mini question RIP11 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 1 08-05-2007 03:18 PM
question about mini's... eugene Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 27 07-31-2007 12:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
4x4 AG

Bike(s):
ZX6R - sold
200cc minibike -sold
1986 TRX125
1986 TRX250r

No one?????

Stunters...I know yall mess with this stuff.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

If you're stunting, it's a different deal 'cause they want a sprocket to make it easier to wheelie.

If you just want some quicker acceleration, you only need to go up 2-4 teeth in the rear.

On the chain, the 35 should be fine.

Sounds like you're messing with a Chinese pocket bike, is that right?
Old 10-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
4x4 AG

Bike(s):
ZX6R - sold
200cc minibike -sold
1986 TRX125
1986 TRX250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
If you're stunting, it's a different deal 'cause they want a sprocket to make it easier to wheelie.

If you just want some quicker acceleration, you only need to go up 2-4 teeth in the rear.

On the chain, the 35 should be fine.

Sounds like you're messing with a Chinese pocket bike, is that right?

No, even better. and old B&S/tecumseh mini bike. I was gonna sell/trade it to Scootertrash, but I decided to tinker with it myself.

Wheelie would be nice, but i don't know if it will pull that very well. It might though. But at the same time i would like to get everything out of the engine i can.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 AG View Post
No, even better. and old B&S/tecumseh mini bike. I was gonna sell/trade it to Scootertrash, but I decided to tinker with it myself.

Wheelie would be nice, but i don't know if it will pull that very well. It might though. But at the same time i would like to get everything out of the engine i can.
You'll see some with a sprocket change, but generally, in order to see some real gain, you'll have to build up the engine (which those kits are usually readily available on the 'net).
Old 10-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
4x4 AG

Bike(s):
ZX6R - sold
200cc minibike -sold
1986 TRX125
1986 TRX250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
You'll see some with a sprocket change, but generally, in order to see some real gain, you'll have to build up the engine (which those kits are usually readily available on the 'net).

yah i am ditching the 3.5hp for a 5hp or slightly better. it then just runs a centrifugal clutch to a rear sprocket.

I currently have a 60t, and i think the next up is a 72t. there isn't many options, that i have seen. and the front sprocket is mounted to the centri clutch, so i am limited there.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement