MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Bomb0314

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
SOLD all of them :(

jacket for the winter riding...

i found the Power Trip DTP Leather Jacket for a $99 on newenough site and was wondering if anyone has ever used it before and what their input was on the jacket? would you recommend it or should i keep looking?

im mainly looking for a nice winter jacket that i could also wear at school because i ride to school everyday. and something not too pricey..

here is the link: http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/l...le_jacket.html

whats yalls input on this jacket?
Bomb0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winter Jacket Sale. BD#270 Motorcycles Unlimited 5 11-06-2014 04:54 PM
Question about Winter Jacket Jaemeriiaa New Riders and MSF Course Info 13 11-18-2011 11:28 PM
Winter riding in houston??? venmichaels General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 10-16-2011 06:49 PM
looking for a jacket for the winter time... Bomb0314 Gear Talk 7 10-04-2008 10:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb0314 View Post
i found the Power Trip DTP Leather Jacket for a $99 on newenough site and was wondering if anyone has ever used it before and what their input was on the jacket? would you recommend it or should i keep looking?

im mainly looking for a nice winter jacket that i could also wear at school because i ride to school everyday. and something not too pricey..

here is the link: http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/l...le_jacket.html

whats yalls input on this jacket?
Looks nice enough. Check to see what their return policy is.
If you spend $15 for shipping, then it doesn't fit or you don't like the leather (or whatever) then have to return it AND pay for return shipping of another $15, then you already paid $130 + tax until they rufund your $99.
Remember that cycle jackets fit snug so you have to be sure about the size!
This happened to me with a pair of boots. They were on sale for $69 with $10 shipping, then they didnt fit and I had to return them with another $12 shipping. I paid $22 shipping just to tell these people that the boots they were selling were not true to size!
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Bomb0314

Bike(s):

^^^ thanks, from the reviews iv been reading it seems like it fits true to size...

im also thinking about ordering this: http://www.newenough.com/protective_...le_jacket.html

is it worth it?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb0314 View Post
^^^ thanks, from the reviews iv been reading it seems like it fits true to size...

im also thinking about ordering this: http://www.newenough.com/protective_...le_jacket.html

is it worth it?
In my opinion, not if it's just a cotton liner. Buying this would be like buying $100 underwear with a reflective strip. No one would ever see it.
*The outer jacket is the important one. Leather, armor, padding, reflective strips.*
Get yourself a thin comfortable sweater or long sleeve shirt. Old Navy, Foot Locker, or Sports Authority always has Nike, fleece or even one of those thin waffle weave sweaters for underneath.

Try www.LeatherUp.com this is where I got some of my gear cheap. It's not flashy name brand, but if you're just starting out, a $500 Icon jacket just aint in the budget!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
Bomb0314

Bike(s):

yeah that other jacket, not the leather one... would be something to wear under my leather jacket and i can still wear that one in school...

do yall usually care your jackets around or leave it on your bike? anyway to lock it onto the bike? iv been people leaving there jackets on top of their tanks and was wondering if they lock them or just trust people?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I guess what I meant was, if it's for underneath or just to keep warm it doesnt have to be reflective and it sure as shouldn't be $100!
And if you plan on leaving your jacket outside on your bike, let me know where you park and when you won't be there!

JK...

Never leave your outside. Never. It took me longer to type this than it would take a dickless piece of to steal your gear.
No f*cking honor in society today, my friend.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
Bomb0314

Bike(s):

yeah thats true... guess i wont leave my jacket outside (never have either)... and yeah $100 on that inside jacket isnt really worth it, rather just buy a inside jacket kinda thing from AE or Aero or one of those places..
Old 10-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #8
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

the DTP jacket is nice, i've had mine for a little over a year, and i have to say that i'm more comfortable in it in hot weather than cold.

the vents have been more than adequate for me up to about 95deg. days, but the elastic along the inside of the arms makes for a bit of a chilly ride if it's <50 outside. the "liner" that comes with it only lines the torso, and it's my arms that always freeze first.

what i'm using for cold weather now is a joe rocket "lucky" textile jacket that i got just a bit too big so i can wear a sweat shirt under it. unfortunately, the vents on that one don't do much good, so it's warmer in hot weather than the PT leather jacket.

i've found it to be well worth the $100 i spent on it, i'd definitely recommend it. also, it fit pretty true to the size i measured (and ordered).
Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #9
Bomb0314

Bike(s):

^^^ thanks, i ordered mine yday and fedex says it will be delivered on wed... (but i might have to wait till the weekend to get it since its being delivered to parents house and i live in the med center during the week for school.)

it gets cold riding from UH to med center now with a mesh jacket...

Advertisement