MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #21
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
I usually do this kinda stuff for free, IF U dont touch it first, If U mess it up THEN its gonna cost you, give me a call and I can help U prolly wont cost anything for a MH member
Dude, take this offer.
Will the bike NOT run with this broken bolt in place???
Slowly step awaaaay from the motorcycle, sir!
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broken Bolt... Looking For A Particular Tool flipstyledsm22 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-30-2015 07:17 AM
Any suggestions for a broken bolt? Daft Punk General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 02-23-2012 08:28 AM
Holly effin broken bolt Batman!!! cedestech General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 10-21-2010 09:44 AM
Broken head bolt/stud!!! HELP PLEASE TiemannR6 How To's and Q & A's 15 07-16-2009 10:58 AM
How to get out broken bolt stem??? Milez28 How To's and Q & A's 8 11-16-2007 07:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #22
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Thanks guys, I,m purdy use to doing this kinda thing, most important 1,st step is to get it properely centered, If U dont get that just right then it can get real ugly real fast, i can prolly get it out in about 15 minutes or so If it doesent have loctite on it, Just pm me or just bring it by, I will stop what I,m doing and fix it while U wait for free, If it doesent take much more than 1 hr or so, I would be surpeised if it does. Yes it should run fine, I believe it is just 1 of the motor mount bolts, should be no big deal
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #23
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

My bolt for one of my spools snapped and then when my buddy tried to remove it with the screw exctractor managed to break that off in the bolt. I have been wanting to get it fixed so I can have spools. Just too lazy to do it myself. If I could take it somewhere and they take care of it that would be great!
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #24
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
My bolt for one of my spools snapped and then when my buddy tried to remove it with the screw exctractor managed to break that off in the bolt. I have been wanting to get it fixed so I can have spools. Just too lazy to do it myself. If I could take it somewhere and they take care of it that would be great!
I am sure I can take care of that for U, with a broken extractor it does make it alot harder, but I can still handle it
Old 10-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #25
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
I am sure I can take care of that for U, with a broken extractor it does make it alot harder, but I can still handle it
Ya that's why I never got back around to it. Shoot me a PM and let me know how much you would charge and when you could do it.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #26
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
Ya that's why I never got back around to it. Shoot me a PM and let me know how much you would charge and when you could do it.
Any pics? that will give me an idea of how bad it is. still try to do this stuff for free when I can do it in my spare time between paying jobs, for me bikes are kinda like a hobby more than a living
Old 10-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #27
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Any pics? that will give me an idea of how bad it is. still try to do this stuff for free when I can do it in my spare time between paying jobs, for me bikes are kinda like a hobby more than a living
On a scale from one to ten? (broken bolt)
On a scale from one to ten? (broken bolt)

Not the best pics, pretty dark out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Won't let you get away with free. If nothing else I will have to at least buy your dinner!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #28
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Well at least it was centered well, might be kinda tough? not much room for error, most of the time when one breaks off it is because too small of a extractor was used, doesent appear to be the case here, Is it possible to leave it with me for a little while?, as far is buying me dinner, might be better off just paying me, lol I like big fat steaks, U can bring it by anytime 8-6 m-f

Advertisement