MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #21
Bean
you like apples?

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600

Great riding with you guys today. Will have to try and make this a regular Sunday deal. Soup, maybe you and a few others can meet up with us in the Tomball area. Sucks you had to work. Thomas, let us know you made it home bro.

ps - both of you guys were rolling pretty good after we left Yankee's and I was leading...just remember to upgrade your tires before getting too much more aggressive

I'm heeding my own warning as I almost ate it at a T intersection on 149 right after you come over the RR tracks. Left hand turn and the @$$ end started dancing off without me. Saved it, but it was close. Same thing happend yesterday at GSS in Turn 9? The really tight right hander on the last 3/4 of the track. Guess with experience comes "wisdom" if you can call it that. Some would just call it luck.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 1/26 -- 6 man ride Forest/3090/Yankees maxgs Events, Meets and Rides 31 01-29-2014 05:35 PM
Sunday 1/19 -- 6 man ride Forest/3090/Yankees maxgs Events, Meets and Rides 48 01-19-2014 08:24 PM
saturday forest 3090 1fastchevy Events, Meets and Rides 13 03-20-2009 11:16 AM
Forest/3090 Sunday Somebody1010 Events, Meets and Rides 51 03-15-2006 07:19 PM
Anyone riding the forest and/or 3090 Sunday A.M?? PSYCHO1000 Events, Meets and Rides 56 03-05-2006 08:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #22
Bean
you like apples?

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600

oh and mad props to clayton for the d@mn near brand new front pilot power and the rear rim/sprocket yesterday...I'll be picking up that rearset today
Old 10-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #23
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Hey Bean and v4lu3s,

Just rolled up to the house about 10 minutes ago. I had a great time today. Great day to run 149 and 3090. You two are some great guys. Had a blast. Lunch at Yankees was a good. (BTW, their burgers need seasoning) Spotted someone at Yankees sporting a MH sticker on their Kawi with a green tank.

I took 1488 for about 2 miles before I decided to turn around and head back down 149 again. I finished out my day going back solo on 3090 to Carlos and back to College Station. Making it a Sunday event would be a great break from the work week. Take care and hit me up if you decide to head back again.

Last edited by ThomasNinja650; 10-26-2008 at 05:41 PM.
ThomasNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #24
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

Bean, glad to know that we didn't slow you down too much! I look forward to having more skill to negotiate the curves, its cool to ride with someone that is better yet also patient too, I know i came back with more knowledge from just watching you.

Thomas you are too lucky to have ridden back on 149 and 3090, I am definitely going to be out as often as I can!
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #25
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
Bean, glad to know that we didn't slow you down too much! I look forward to having more skill to negotiate the curves, its cool to ride with someone that is better yet also patient too, I know i came back with more knowledge from just watching you.

Thomas you are too lucky to have ridden back on 149 and 3090, I am definitely going to be out as often as I can!
I have to admit also but I came away from the ride with some more riding knowledge. Watching Bean take corners help me take 3090 a little faster coming back. Had to back off twice do to that second sharp 15mph curve and the DPS.

Had a good time guys. Now that I know how to get to 1488, I can drive further up to meet up next time.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #26
Bean
you like apples?

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600

improvements come in small incriments and will come with seat time...just have to remember that it is the street - have to tell myself that sometimes too

and the burgers could use some more seasoning, fo />
+1 on everybody rockin full gear FTW - I don't roll with many on the street, but I'd roll with either of you anytime...even though I was playing in the front for a little while, neither of you rode over your head/ability and we all ended up having a great time
Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #27
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
improvements come in small incriments and will come with seat time...just have to remember that it is the street - have to tell myself that sometimes too

and the burgers could use some more seasoning, fo />
+1 on everybody rockin full gear FTW - I don't roll with many on the street, but I'd roll with either of you anytime...even though I was playing in the front for a little while, neither of you rode over your head/ability and we all ended up having a great time
+1

Advertisement