MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #21
DustinJ

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Send a message via MSN to DustinJ
I was standing in hot pit lane with Mike Sanchez and John Haner... I'm not quite tall enough to plant both feet firmly so I had one foot on the peg, the other on the ground... I got hit by a gust of wind and it knocked me over... embarassing.
CMRA Expert #979
Sponsored by: AAA Lift Trucks Racing, Sunny Motorsports, RaceWorx / Jim Cambora
DustinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Its Moto Related gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 01-11-2010 10:14 AM
Something Moto related? GABRIEL General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-17-2009 10:51 PM
Moto-related Tattoo The_Punisher Off Topic 40 03-12-2009 04:52 AM
I guess this is moto related Brena23 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 01-23-2007 11:02 PM
Scary _ Moto related ash General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 01-02-2007 09:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #22
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

First time I did a Forest ride I dropped my @ the meet spot. That sucked. There's even a pic floating around here somewhere.

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
vuongedition
BOOSTA CLUB MEMBER

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha R6(vuongedition blue and orange)

Send a message via Yahoo to vuongedition
when i first got my bike i rode it out the dealership got on to 1960 thinking i was hauling just to look down and see i was only going 30mph. People were passing me left and right.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #24
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

I was 15. I had bought a new Suzuki 90 trail bike that you kicked a lever and it would shift from high range to low range. A friend an I were sitting in a vacant lot bsing. I had laid back on the seat with my legs and feet over the bars, with it on the kick stand. We finished telling lies or whatever we were doing and got ready to go home. I raised my right leg to swing it over the right bar and the bike fell over to the right side. At the same time my leg cleared the bars while going down fast, it happened. My right knee was between the grip and the front brake lever. The front brake lever was driven under my knee cap! Let me say this about that, it hurt like who would have thought it. Back then in the olden days, there were no cell phones. My friend Marc had to ride to a 7-11 a few blocks away, while I was crying like a little girl and call my mom who had to call an ambulance to come and get me. Knee surgery, 8 weeks on crutches, all good now, never did that chit again.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #25
mikes-si

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki zx-6r

^ ouch
mikes-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #26
Alstare_Gixxer
Crash Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
When was this??
It's the 2nd MSRC this year. The 1st one was when I crashed at Big Bend.
Alstare_Gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #27
Jaygermeister
Get out of my way Jimmy

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R 1340 Hayabusa CBR1100XX Superblackbird & CBR600F4 track bike

Two weeks ago I was leading a Honda CBR1100XX ride on 336 and blew a corner. I held it till the gravel, stood the bike up working the rear brake and “kissed” the guard rail. I never hit the ground but it put a huge bruise on my leg, cracked the upper fairing and got some nice galvanized scuffs on the side fairing. It did slow down the group so everyone made the corner. Oh well, take one for the team.

I hate rules
Embarrassing Moto Related Moments
Track days are like going to Las Vegas If you canít afford to lose it donít go!!!!!
Jaygermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #28
lorin70

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
I ran off the track at TWS (Texas World Speedway) (turn 13/14) trying to pass people on the sv ended up going through about the 2ft of mud. Made it about 60 or so feet without droping it. Looked at dude that made me run off, gave him a thumbs up and at that very moment bam droped thebike in a the mud face first
I was about 100ft behind someone that did that very dance last year at TWS (Texas World Speedway). He went off the left chicane into the mud came back across just after the right chicane and went on slippin' and slidin' and looked like he was going to make until a big splash and a dump in the mud. Might have been your runoff.
FZ6
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #29
I Need $$$
Kickin' it old skool

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'12 Sportster Forty Eight

Send a message via AIM to I Need $$$
Went down on crab river less than two miles in frist time out there
Old 10-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #30
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

i was stopped at a stop sign about a year ago, and let off the clutch a little too much. needless to say the engine immediately died. fortunately i was able to start it right back up. i've stayed off that road since though, for fear someone might recognize me.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:00 AM   #31
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
i dropped my bike on the right side trying to back it into a parking spot one morning at work. 2 cars were pulling into the parking lot (riders of course) and saw the whole thing. they both got out and laughed while i picked up the bike.

the only other embarassing things that have ever happened to me on the bike has only happened a couple times but it makes me feel like an idiot. i'll be next to a car and i will take off from a red light real fast becuase it's a honda civic with a big ghey muffler or a hot girl sitting in the passenger seat, and i'll get up to 8 grand in 1st and pop it into NEUTRAL instead of second and bounce off the rev limiter as the car passes me up. d'oh!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:06 AM   #32
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Heres my embarrassing moment . (It did get me out of a ticket though)
A cop got behind me"i was going a little fast" and pulled me over . So i stopped turned off the bike .Then i took off my helmet , got off my bike & forgot to put the kickstand down .So my zrx falls down & the cop was like , damnit if i didn;t pull you over this would have never happened . Then he drove off .
Old 10-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #33
jrob
cheers

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

everytime im at a light and signal to turn but accidently brush the horn button...i cant be the only one to do that can i??
happens like once a month. that and accidently finding neutral as blends said and revving the engine to and back. always seems to happen to me in a nice quiet neighborhood. sucks.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:44 AM   #34
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobertson View Post
everytime im at a light and signal to turn but accidently brush the horn button...i cant be the only one to do that can i??
happens like once a month. that and accidently finding neutral as blends said and revving the engine to and back. always seems to happen to me in a nice quiet neighborhood. sucks.
never accidentally hit the horn on my bike...

but there have been two or three occasions when i was in a controllable situation where a cager me off and i WANTED to hit the horn but my thumb couldn't find it in all my hurry to honk at them.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #35
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
i do these too
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:07 AM   #36
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Quote:
No, I do that a lot...so much I've just stopped signaling. F* it any way, cagers don't signal, why should we?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:06 PM   #37
shanecrow99
punoɹƃɹǝpun xıs

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
old skool
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
new skool
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r

Didn't happen to me but to a buddy of mine. We both pulled into a parking lot and he got off of his bike and just started walking. I hear a loud thud and see his bike on the ground. Dude got off of his bike and assumed his side stand was down.... it wasn't.
shanecrow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:08 PM   #38
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

I'm sorry- I wasn't supposed to laugh at that, right?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #39
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
About 2 years ago.....

I was in a lot with some KingCobra stunters and a friend was giving me tips on how to stoppie. Anyway a group of chicks drive up and park and I was showing off and looped a stoppie at 30mph, went over the bars and the bike landed on its side. It did not impress anybody lol
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #40
jumpinfly
umm yea sure

Bike(s):
05' Harley Davidson 883XL low. Sold
06' R6 Raven, FOR SALE!!!!!

i was with ruben (eyeagainstall, i think?) when it started to rain a lil. picked up two girls, gave em a ride around. dropped em off a movie theater, i revd up me bike only to have my right foot slip, hence i let go of the clutch. so i do a unintentional burnout on wet concrete almost completely sideways. i let off, kept shiny side up. ruben catches up w me and says "that was badass!!!"
i say "i didnt mean to" him "dude your lucky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
tyler doesnt wash his bike, he just paints it again.
jumpinfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement