Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Avon Storm.... a great all-around tire that lasts and works well both wet and dry.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTBuy street tire, rear 80/100-12, front 60/100-14??? ArtistMarty Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 1 10-13-2011 12:24 AM
LEATHERS ON STREET/DAILY? ormand General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 08-29-2010 07:05 PM
Ariel Atom... I want one for my daily commute specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 06-04-2009 08:04 AM
Commute on the bike daily? Squoddybody General Discussion (Moto Related) 102 08-04-2008 10:08 PM
Old 10-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #22
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
m3's and 2ct's are really good street tires

i reccomend both. i have experience with the pilot power 2ct but not with the m3.
blends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #23
Range Target

Look at Avon Storm ST or Metzler Roadtec Z6. I've run both on the 600R, consistently get over 10K out of a pair, and have no complaints on handling when things get spirited. On my 3rd pair of Storms, and I ran through 2 pairs of Metzlers before that. Really like the wet road handling from both, a must IMO for commuting.
Angamico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #24

I admit I didn't read through the thread, but on my first GSXR 750 I ended up with metzeler z6's and they sorta sucked because of slow warm up and very slick when cold. never had confidence to lean.

I stuck with bridgestone battlax 014's for a while but after the third one in ten thousand I decided to try pirelli diablo strada tires. I was a bit apprehensive that they would be too sport touring for my tastes...

after 1500 miles or so (including a 500 mile trip on the highway) I can say that I can still drag knee on them, I have a lot of confidence, they warm up reasonably quickly considering the type of tire, and I had virtually no where on the 500 mile high way ride. a 500 mile highway ride on the battlax 014r's would have seen noticeable wear and a chewed up center.

I sold the bike before I got to experience their full wear but I'd defintely buy them again. they were awesome tires. looked like they were going to last a real long time and they stuck as good as you'll ever need tires on the street to stick.
Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong
West Virginia mountain mama, country roads, take me home.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote