Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #61
Feedback Rating: (0)

I'm new the to the motorcycle scene, but I worked as a data acquisition guy (DAG) for 2 years in SPEED World-Challenge GT and Daytona Prototypes. I never used the GPS type data acquistion as downside of GPS is the accuracy. That really only affects suspension tuning, which is what we wanted the data acquisiton system (DAS) for in the first place. I haven't seen anyone using damper potentiometers or LVDT's on the bike events I attended at TWS (Texas World Speedway) (only 3 events). If your goal is suspension tuning I would look at Pi Research, MoTeC, Stack, EFI, and AIM. They have better software and you can even get wireless downloads on some of them (e.g. Stack). Regardless, some market research and due diligence is recommended. Most of these DA suppliers have excellent tech support and can help you spec out a system that meets your needs. Additionally you can setup the options to expand for say suspension tuning during practice and then trim down the DAS for the race. Finally having the info is only half of the equation. Knowing how to interpret it and apply it to your riding and bike prep is the other half.

Last edited by itb242; 10-22-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: added signature
itb242 is offline   Reply With Quote