MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Formula 5 and a KLX140

The wife was wondering what we need to put the daughter in the MiniGP and motard her KLX140. We really just want to get her some track time in Katy when the other kids are riding.

What do I need to do the KLX140 to motard it out?

Thanks...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Formula 1 baxim Sports 2 03-14-2013 08:59 PM
Formula?? uchiha30 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 01-20-2010 12:20 AM
Formula 1 philly fresh Sports 31 03-29-2009 10:27 PM
bike vs. formula 1 TWISTED METAL General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 08-22-2006 01:59 AM
Formula 1 durstgt Off Topic 1 03-16-2006 03:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

ask capafool he's got his 110 all rigged out.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
The wife was wondering what we need to put the daughter in the MiniGP and motard her KLX140. We really just want to get her some track time in Katy when the other kids are riding.

What do I need to do the KLX140 to motard it out?

Thanks...
That's an F5 bike and they will probably not let you daughter race in that class, she has to be a certain age, have certain experience, pass the tmgp licensing and then race enough to where John Casley or Dennie Spears (the two tmgp instructors) give her a go to race in that class.

I would advise (depending on her age), for you to just get an already tarded small low displacement bike and just have her run in the 12 and under class, Jr. Motard class, and Girls class. Those should be enough for her to get her feet wet with. Once she's sure racing is her thing and she has the experience, she can venture into F7 races onboard an NSR50/CRF100/KLX110 or F6 races onboard any of the F7 bikes, in addition to TTR125s.

F5 is not a place for new comers to start out with - their experience will be short and ill lived unless they have previous racing experience or are Valentino Rossi.

There's not KLX 140 racing in the club right now - and I would advise against it, specially for a new comer.

Here's a couple questions for you - how old is your daughter? What kind of riding/racing experience does she have? How much does she weigh? How competitive does she wanto to be?

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

What are you talking about Mo?

Don't listen to him...buy her a Busa and cut her loose on F5!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:54 AM   #5
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

I have no idea about the class structure so Formula 5 was a guess really. It doesn't sound like something I want her in if it's an advanced group.

She is 11 now and about 5' tall and weights 110#. She is bigger than most 11 year olds and that is why we bought the 140cc instead of the small 85 to 100cc bikes. She hates riding in the dirt.
I will look for a smaller bike to get her going to gain some experiance first. That sounds like reasonable advise.

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #6
Bagwell

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

If you can find something for her to ride by the weekend, she could go thru the riders school on saturday and maybe even do a sprint or so that day to get her rolling. I think you can buy a weekend license for like 10 bucks.
I am not positive, but she may be able to run on knobbies in one of the kids classes if need be. You never know, you may even find a bike to borrow for her to do the class and run a couple of sprints on out at the races. Maybe post up on the TMGP website for such questions.

Maybe at the very least, come out go thru the class and corner work or watch the races and hang out and see what its all about.

Hope to see you guys out there this weekend.

#104 I Just Wanna Ride TMGP Endurance Team
Bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
mcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwell View Post
If you can find something for her to ride by the weekend, she could go thru the riders school on saturday and maybe even do a sprint or so that day to get her rolling. I think you can buy a weekend license for like 10 bucks.
I am not positive, but she may be able to run on knobbies in one of the kids classes if need be. You never know, you may even find a bike to borrow for her to do the class and run a couple of sprints on out at the races. Maybe post up on the TMGP website for such questions.

Maybe at the very least, come out go thru the class and corner work or watch the races and hang out and see what its all about.

Hope to see you guys out there this weekend.
From what I have been told, it doesn't look like there will be a rider's school at Katy. I think they might be trying to get one going, but as of right now it is not planned.
mcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement