MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #81
99 Chris
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Racers and Track Whores... A question for all. NewRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 03-06-2013 01:28 AM
Flat Track Racers Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 06-04-2012 06:17 AM
How will a track day help you on Houston streets? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 82 12-01-2010 03:40 PM
does anyone ride 50s anymore? federal20 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 42 10-31-2008 11:52 PM
ama racers vs. wsbk guys... TWISTED METAL Taking it to the Track 27 12-29-2007 10:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 PM   #82
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
I will NEVER give up riding on the street. Too easy to pull the bike out and ride. Track is only on weekends (and the random Monday or Friday), plus you have to trailer the bike ect... What is so disdainful about the perfectly good asphault right outside my door? I respect your opinions, but track snobs are just as annoying as street squids.
Track snobs? WTF, Joe. Did Jimmy ask you to post that? Many of the responses indicated the track riders ride the street, albeit at a slower pace. Running the infamous SMR's is the equivalent of rolling the dice every time out.

Last edited by maxgs; 10-20-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 PM   #83
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

I wasn't calling anyone out. Everyone has the right to their opinion, and to their own actions.

That is all

Carry On
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #84
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Track snobs? WTF, Joe. Did Jimmy ask you to post that?
No......

Yes, track snobs = people who believe they are better/more responsible cuz they ride track only. It is annoying.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #85
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
No......

Yes, track snobs = people who believe they are better/more responsible cuz they ride track only. It is annoying.
I can understand your plight, just havent seen that here in this thread.....tho...I didnt stay at a holiday Inn last night...
Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #86
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Track snobs? WTF, Joe. Did Jimmy ask you to post that? Many of the responses indicated the track riders ride the street, albeit at a slower pace. Running the infamous SMR's is the equivalent of rolling the dice every time out.
Well then they don't qualify as a track snob. JEEESH.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #87
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
No......

Glad you finally have an opinion about something and will actually stand up for it. Unfortunately, it's not based on what was written in the thread.

Two more bans from that other site today, that I know of.... better go back before you are next.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #88
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
I can understand your plight, just havent seen that here in this thread.....tho...I didnt stay at a holiday Inn last night...
I hear ya. I was just adding that in.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:36 PM   #89
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsucki View Post
and why?

I quit riding the streets in early 07. After burying numerous friends over the years, and growing tired of having a huge red target on my back while riding the streets of Houston. Every time I rode the streets, I always had at least 1 near miss with a cager, so I gave up the streets. Besides, the track is always much safer, and much more fun!
mine was alot like yours. although I never had a friend die on the motorcycle, he came very close to it. Plus i was having more fun on the track than i was on the street. When I would go riding on the streets after my trackday I was just bored.
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:39 PM   #90
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
And before somebody cries hypocrite, yes, I elect to roll the dice on occasion.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #91
99 Chris
Banned

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #92
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Curt likes his roulette ....russian style...
Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #93
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Glad you finally have an opinion about something and will actually stand up for it. Unfortunately, it's not based on what was written in the thread.

Two more bans from that other site today, that I know of.... better go back before you are next.

Seriously Curt... Uncalled for.

Im out of this thread.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 PM   #94
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

Quote:
dude they disabled the sign up on that site
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #95
SVmike
nuthin'

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsucki View Post
and why?

I quit riding the streets in early 07. After burying numerous friends over the years, and growing tired of having a huge red target on my back while riding the streets of Houston. Every time I rode the streets, I always had at least 1 near miss with a cager, so I gave up the streets. Besides, the track is always much safer, and much more fun!
Same reason as everybody else. I like pushing my limits and the street is not the proper place for that. Streets are not as fun or as safe as a race track. Add to that the high chance of being taken out by a cage and it was a no brainer.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:50 PM   #96
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Seriously Curt... Uncalled for.

Im out of this thread.
And I thought your "track snobs" comment was equally uncalled for. Touche.

-Curt
Old 10-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #97
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflys cbr View Post
dude they disabled the sign up on that site
Really? I figured that was just an IP blocker.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:55 AM   #98
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

The track had definately slowed me down on the street some. And frankly, as I sit typing this, I am not thinking about a ride this weekend, I am thinking about the up comming track event on Sunday, and then the one on the 1st, and then Cresson, and then TWS (Texas World Speedway). I am slowly evolving.

I have proved my point on the street. I proved the point that I was not scared, that yes I can ride jackass fast on the backroads and that I can keep up with ANYONE on ANY TWISTY in or around town.

You know what is sad though, all in about 4 months and 5 track days, I was keeping up with the "legends od the streets" actually passing them on occassion. ALL WITHIN 4 months of hoping on a bike.

It is not even a challange anymore. It only proves that I am crazy on occassion, have big nutz, little fear and that I have a tiny bit of skill.

At the track, I feel challenged. On the street, I do not. Not anymore.

After doing sveral consectutive events, I rode some twisties and found myself using WAY TOO MUCH of the road. Scared me a little and opted to slow down.

I enjoy the good weather, good friends, good food and nothing wrong with hitting it hard on occassion, but the days of doing nothing but hauling the mail in HIGHLY illegal ways, on teh backroads, are slowing coming to an end.

I need a cruiser. Or maybe a goldwing. Dont those have a/c now?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #99
Wormgear

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I don't think so, but you can get air bags

I've put over 25 k miles on my street bike in the last year and over 1200 on my track only bike this summer. I guess I just love to ride. I just discovered and found I was pre-addicted to the track this year. It's taken 99% of the stupid out of me on the streets and a lot of the fun with it. I've considered going track only but every time I get in my car I wish I was on my bike (unless the weather's REALLY bad).
The track might well save my on the street. I know all about the problems with cagers but I have to admit that for me personally, on the street, I used to be my own worst enemy. Not so now that I have the track to get my ya ya's on.
I think everyone who has a motorcycle should ride the track. The skills and satisfaction of the need for speed you get there are priceless and make you much safer on the street if you choose to ride there too.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:17 AM   #100
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
The track had definately slowed me down on the street some. And frankly, as I sit typing this, I am not thinking about a ride this weekend, I am thinking about the up comming track event on Sunday, and then the one on the 1st, and then Cresson, and then TWS (Texas World Speedway). I am slowly evolving.

I have proved my point on the street. I proved the point that I was not scared, that yes I can ride jackass fast on the backroads and that I can keep up with ANYONE on ANY TWISTY in or around town.

You know what is sad though, all in about 4 months and 5 track days, I was keeping up with the "legends od the streets" actually passing them on occassion. ALL WITHIN 4 months of hoping on a bike.

It is not even a challange anymore. It only proves that I am crazy on occassion, have big nutz, little fear and that I have a tiny bit of skill.

At the track, I feel challenged. On the street, I do not. Not anymore.

After doing sveral consectutive events, I rode some twisties and found myself using WAY TOO MUCH of the road. Scared me a little and opted to slow down.

I enjoy the good weather, good friends, good food and nothing wrong with hitting it hard on occassion, but the days of doing nothing but hauling the mail in HIGHLY illegal ways, on teh backroads, are slowing coming to an end.

Well said homie.

Ima buy me a Busa to cruise the backroads, I don't have enough tattoos for a cruiser. I love rolling threw Forest and F-ville, but we get to crazy with it and like I said, luck WILL run out. ex. When sombody taps there tail...ITS ON! lol
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement