MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









TWS (Texas World Speedway) Sunday = racing

I'm driving up to TWS (Texas World Speedway) to watch the racing tomorrow
see http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67589

My wife and the kids have changed their plans so I've a few spaces in the car!!!

If you'd like a lift let me know.
Leaving Shadow Creek around 8am

Preference given to genuine race fans and folk who know the way!!

If I've put this in the wrong section perhaps a mod could move it over for me, thanks
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TWS (Texas World Speedway) - GoPro Racing Videos 3/25/12 S.D.W. Taking it to the Track 0 03-27-2012 01:04 PM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) sunday??? Hooligan General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-11-2008 03:22 PM
So Who All Will Be At TWS (Texas World Speedway) SUNDAY??? SPYDER BITE Events, Meets and Rides 26 05-09-2008 04:16 PM
racing at TWS (Texas World Speedway) Sunday. What time does it start?? Grinchy Taking it to the Track 39 04-15-2008 07:59 AM
anybody know whos racing sunday at TWS (Texas World Speedway)? arturo3rd Taking it to the Track 0 10-01-2005 10:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
you da man
Senior Member
 
you da man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 307

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
I'm driving up to TWS (Texas World Speedway) to watch the racing tomorrow
see http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67589

My wife and the kids have changed their plans so I've a few spaces in the car!!!

If you'd like a lift let me know.
Leaving Shadow Creek around 8am

Preference given to genuine race fans and folk who know the way!!

If I've put this in the wrong section perhaps a mod could move it over for me, thanks
I'll be there racing, best place to park and see the action is T9 (on trackdays its called T10).
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by you da man View Post
I'll be there racing, best place to park and see the action is T9 (on trackdays its called T10).
but don't forget to spend a race or two down by Turn one....it's quite a show seeing those guys barrel down the front straight looking for position and then diving into T1/T2 at 160 mph....my was puckering just watching some of those guys practicing yesterday I wish I could make it...but unfortunately I have softball in the afternoon and I really need to go to church. Have fun!
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
you da man
Senior Member
 
you da man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 307

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
but don't forget to spend a race or two down by Turn one....it's quite a show seeing those guys barrel down the front straight looking for position and then diving into T1/T2 at 160 mph....my was puckering just watching some of those guys practicing yesterday I wish I could make it...but unfortunately I have softball in the afternoon and I really need to go to church. Have fun!
Totally agree. T1 spectating is an eye opener. For those of you who don't know, during a race the fans can walk, ride a bicycle, pit bike/4-wheeler between the fence and the pit wall all the way down to T1. Hold on to your ballcaps during a start, who would think that motorcycles could literally blow your hats off
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Man i was thinking on being there BUT the boss sent me an email friday during my day off at the track,
BOSS: you are flying sunday at 1:00 to DC for a week, sorry for the late notice"

Me: WTF!!!!!
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
but don't forget to spend a race or two down by Turn one....it's quite a show seeing those guys barrel down the front straight looking for position and then diving into T1/T2 at 160 mph....my was puckering just watching some of those guys practicing yesterday I wish I could make it...but unfortunately I have softball in the afternoon and I really need to go to church. Have fun!
I was lucky enough to get up to T1 last April
'tis a fearsome place to watch especially the starts
watched one of the Ty/Dane head to heads from there, they were hauling...........
guy in about 5th or 6th looked like he was about 10 yards deeper than anybody else into there, his slipper was yelping real loud...... great viewing
shame you can't make it
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Michael you can come pick me up on I'm on your way right off 290
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Man i was thinking on being there BUT the boss sent me an email friday during my day off at the track,
BOSS: you are flying sunday at 1:00 to DC for a week, sorry for the late notice"

Me: WTF!!!!!
shame
Another time alrova
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Michael you can come pick me up on I'm on your way right off 290
why you gotta call me Michael
YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER AND I AM NOT IN TROUBLE

PM me your address for the GPS and I'll pick you up 'bout 8.15
hope you like "trance" music ????
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by you da man View Post
I'll be there racing, best place to park and see the action is T9 (on trackdays its called T10).
Best of luck to you and all the participants,
will keep an eye out for your race number
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #11
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
why you gotta call me Michael
YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER AND I AM NOT IN TROUBLE

PM me your address for the GPS and I'll pick you up 'bout 8.15
hope you like "trance" music ????
Your taste in Music Suck I will have to introduce you to Dr. Dre Nice riding with you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #12
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,335

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Good meeting you man!
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Good meeting you man!
hey you too BC, was a pleasure
feel like today though, bit too much sun I think,
my ears are roasted
back of your neck looked a bit sore

what was the name of that mexican we were talking about???
Queechies, Queedos, Quiers,
my memory is like a sieve these days
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #14
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
hey you too BC, was a pleasure
feel like today though, bit too much sun I think,
my ears are roasted
back of your neck looked a bit sore

what was the name of that mexican we were talking about???
Queechies, Queedos, Quiers,
my memory is like a sieve these days
La Hacienda
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #15
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Your taste in Music Suck I will have to introduce you to Dr. Dre Nice riding with you
Dre I wouldn't have minded but you can stick that harmonising boyband you tried to put on up your
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #16
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
La Hacienda
it was not
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #17
jodyhudson
Senior Member
 
jodyhudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,297

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
hey you too BC, was a pleasure
feel like today though, bit too much sun I think,
my ears are roasted
back of your neck looked a bit sore

what was the name of that mexican we were talking about???
Queechies, Queedos, Quiers,
my memory is like a sieve these days
CHUY's

check em out Mike. u'll absolutely love it nice to meet ya yesterday

http://www.chuys.com/location.html
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #18
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
CHUY's

check em out Mike. u'll absolutely love it nice to meet ya yesterday

http://www.chuys.com/location.html
was a real pleasure Jody, enjoyed the chat
your lady is a gem too

Yup, Chuy's looks good, fair prices as well
I'm liking Wednesday's special, Chicken Enchiladadas with green chile avocado sauce, yum

Might see you out on Sunday
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #19
jodyhudson
Senior Member
 
jodyhudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,297

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
was a real pleasure Jody, enjoyed the chat
your lady is a gem too

Yup, Chuy's looks good, fair prices as well
I'm liking Wednesday's special, Chicken Enchiladadas with green chile avocado sauce, yum

Might see you out on Sunday
yep. she's a real keeper for sure dont know what id do without her !

one of my personal favorites at CHUYs is the Elvis Presley Memorial Combo and afterwards top it of with a Tres Leches.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy