MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #21
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Done deal. I just talked to Larry. I think I am going to pick a set up. , at that price, it seems like no brainer, considering I am not a fancy fella.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track or Street "POLL" Lucar General Discussion (Moto Related) 110 07-01-2013 10:11 PM
The "I'm Here At The Race Track And You're Not" Thread Racer997 Taking it to the Track 27 08-10-2009 01:25 PM
Opinion: What's the best "First Track Day" track? [poser] Taking it to the Track 34 05-03-2008 09:33 AM
what is needed to convert race/track bike to street? sipynsyrup General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 06-10-2006 01:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #22
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
And the 2 reasons you mentioned, I dont care about.
Cuz I am selfish and that doesnt affect me.
your a dic%
Old 10-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #23
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

hey cdill im gonna repaint mine cuz i cant afford a pretty one like tony, let me know what u decide to do
Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #24
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNBULLET View Post
your a dic%
Never denied that my friend. Not a , just honest and say what others won't. The world needs more people like that and MH specifically.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #25
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
hey cdill im gonna repaint mine cuz i cant afford a pretty one like tony, let me know what u decide to do
I am going to buy the yoshimitsu's and rattle can them. Then when I get all good, Tony can hook me up in exchange for some real estate on my bike.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #26
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

Quote:
Never denied that my friend. Not a , just honest and say what others won't. The world needs more people like that and MH specifically.
thats why I love ya
Old 10-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #27
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

I have the Yoshimitsu's with a HouseofPain paint job. I love them, and the paint job. Thanks Tony!

It sure makes it easier to work on the bike too! Race skins are a great investment for a trackbike!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #28
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsucki View Post
I have the Yoshimitsu's with a HouseofPain paint job. I love them, and the paint job. Thanks Tony!

It sure makes it easier to work on the bike too! Race skins are a great investment for a trackbike!

Yea. I am buying them. Thx yall.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #29
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
PPPFFFTTT

Old 10-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #30
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Easy killer....
Old 10-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #31
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

ditching my OEMs soon so that next year i can race it. you cant race with OEM plastics.

and pending your weight, Race plastics are much lighter, might be of some benefit to lose the weight.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #32
Ridesmart

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

not having to watch 2K go down the drain if you crash, serviceability, not having to care for it too much, etc, etc.

if you get track bodywork, count on having all lights off the bike, which makes swapping back/forth a pain in the neck.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #33
you da man

Experience: 7 years

A complete set of OEM bodywork is good/excellent condition can fetch around $800+ on ebay. That right there will cover the cost of the best race bodywork alone. Most track guys/racers are on tight budgets so selling the OEM and getting great race glass for an even swap is awsome. As often as we service race/track bikes it is tons easier to remove the bodywork. Last but not least, the 1/4 turn DZUS fasteners just look cool and add at least 3HP's
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #34
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

CDILL ILL PAINT EM FOR YOU!!!! free of charge!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #35
ange062

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZX-6R race bike
'05 SV650 Street
CMRA Expert #826, #63 Team Supafly Mini-Endurance, #26 IDB Racing BB Endurance

Send a message via AIM to ange062
Plus, if your OEM is still in good shape, stick it on EBAY and it will more then cover the cost of the race bodywork and paint.

My stock stuff (headlights, taillights, bodywork, rearsets, clipons) gathered enough on ebay to pay for the entire "race conversion" on my last bike.
ange062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #36
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
CDILL ILL PAINT EM FOR YOU!!!! free of charge!!!
Dude, did you primer the upper/ lower fairings on your bike? What happened to the paint?

Attack, bar none is the best stuff on the market, and those of us "in the know" get them much cheaper than the $745/ $765 price tag (those prices + shipping). Patrick gives a great hookup on them.

Why are they so good, well, I won't rehash it here, but I did a "bodywork guide" some time ago that explained all the ins and outs of racebike bodywork.

The cheap stuff, like the Yoshimitsu and F1 (like JeffLSTD has on his bike) are hella cheap (I think the F1 bodywork was under $400 shipped), but have issues like bubbles in the fiberglass, fitment issues, and are brittle.

Jeff's was crash tested at Cresson, and to repair it was a PITA! There are hairline cracks everywhere, they used body filler and spot putty to fill imperfections in the fiberglass from the mold, they obviously didn't vacu-form the bodywork, the resin is too hard, and the gel coat is brittle. It's been exactly the same for every single set of Yoshimitsu, Pit-Ek, various other Ebay brands, and now the F1. It's just like the Godfather brand of bodywork they used to sell and all the racers bitched and whined until they went out of business. Now, the market is flooded with this cheap stuff from China, and the good stuff is going out of business.

As mentioned ad-nauseum, you can get the cheap stuff, paint it with rattle can, crash it beyond real repair, buy another set and rattle can it, and still not spend as much (retail) as a set of Sharkskinz will cost. If that's what you're after, it's all good, I don't blame anyone.

However, if you are getting in to racing, do race, or think you'll race, there is absolutely no substitute for the more expensive bodywork like Attack Performance. It fits right the first time (sometimes better than OEM) every time, uses the best material to construct it, the finish is impecable, and when you crash it, chances are you'll be able to repair it to use again with little effort!

If you get the cheap stuff, I don't recommend a high-dollar paint job, you'll only get when it cracks or pieces of bodywork chip off from use.

Personally, if you're going to get the cheap stuff, find the cheapest you can because they're all made the same way, and probably from the same place- definitely the same Country! Get on Ebay and do a search for your bike, they'll be 10 brands that pop up for it.

But if you ask anyone that bought Attack Performance (new, not second hand or more), you'll find out that they all love it and would do it again if the situation presented itself.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #37
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Has anyone noticed that the Yoshimitsu looks VERY similar to what was once considered some of the best bodywork on the track? If you knew what I know you'd buy it too. Look closely at the next set you see and the give away is there. There was only one brand that gave an access panel to the Honda ECU.......hint. A certain company got tired of the Ebay brands and has come in the back door with the same tactics and it's working for them. Fitment issues are blown out of proportion by some folks, I've yet to be disapointed.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #38
Allen

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07' ZX6R

Cycleskinz?
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #39
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Cycleskinz?
Went out of business due to Ebay competition. Too bad too, because that stuff was as good as the high-dollar brands like Attack and Sharkskinz. Attack was only better than Cycleskinz because of the finish aspect, the Cycleskinz were every bit as good as Sharkskinz though!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #40
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Has anyone noticed that the Yoshimitsu looks VERY similar to what was once considered some of the best bodywork on the track? If you knew what I know you'd buy it too. Look closely at the next set you see and the give away is there. There was only one brand that gave an access panel to the Honda ECU.......hint. A certain company got tired of the Ebay brands and has come in the back door with the same tactics and it's working for them. Fitment issues are blown out of proportion by some folks, I've yet to be disapointed.
Hotbodies? PM me with the answer, my curiosity is piqued!

Advertisement