MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 01:18 AM   #41
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
yup... im definately gettin some tail work done when i get it...

btw sorry for the hijack...

4 real tho... i would go out to a large parking lot and practice turning in circles, and figure 8's n ... i really helped me out
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2005, 08:52 AM   #42
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

>>>How about this one guys<<<
When taking a corner fairly fast and everything goes well the rear end sometimes drifts...
This scares the $hit out of me when this happens. It feels like the bikes going to slip out from under me.
Is this something to do with my riding or turning technique or maybe just $hitty factory tires on a heavy bike?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:37 AM   #43
nels

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

I may need to tag along whenever you guys go. I need help also, but then again, I have no MSF, only about 5000 miles, and started on a 600. I've only ridden in a group once, but really wasn't a ride (Halloween meet) and never done twisties.
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:53 AM   #44
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

First things first..... have you gone to Motorcycles-Unlimited and had the suspension setup on your new ride. Your 636 has alot more features then the 500 did and setting them correctly is why you paid the money for the bike. Okay, so you went out right away and did that cool... I hope you talked to Patrick about gear while you where there as well. So, your bike is prepped and you are suited. I would advise at this point to hook up with some of the more experienced and older riders on this board. Let them know you want to ride and may need some help with cornering on your new bike. I am sure plenty of them will know some isolated roads where you can make several runs and get plenty of practice in but, since you work all weekend it may be difficult to hook up with some of us. Good Luck with the bike.... read about the pace and get out there and just ride. Don't forget to Have Fun!

Once you get familiar with your bike try out a track day. The most fun I have ever legally had in my life.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement