MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
maxgs

Member Garage

Jerran fly by at MSR Houston on 10/11/08

Here is a clip of Jerran buzzing by me at light speed going onto the back stretch at MSR Houston on the outside of the turn. I did my best to keep up, but to no avail!! Look at his line into diamonds edge, and dragging a knee at that speed. Too much for this big foot!

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celine and Squanto at MSR Houston on 10/12/08 TheMagicMan General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 10-16-2008 11:00 AM
Wes at MSR Houston on 10/11/08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-14-2008 08:46 AM
CDill at MSR Houston on 10/11/08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 10-13-2008 06:40 AM
Hooligan at MSR Houston on 10/11/08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 10-12-2008 09:38 PM
Houman at MSR Houston on 10/11 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 10-11-2008 11:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Oooooh, Jerran FAST! Nice videos- it looks like you're having fun with the camera!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Curt ... the more you most the slower you look
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Curt ... the more you post the slower you look
Yeah, well, what can I say
Old 10-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #5
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Whatever, I still think it's the tires
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
Whatever, I still think it's the tires
Hey, wait a minute, I'm running YOUR TIRES!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

No matter what I do, when I leave the carousel and accelerate onto the front straight, I cannot keep the front end down on my 1k. Yours seems like you are accelerating hard but it is not coming up. Is there a secret I don't know about?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
SCRC John

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Hey, wait a minute, I'm running YOUR TIRES!!!!!!!
Exactly, now you have no excuses
Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
SCRC John

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richards View Post
No matter what I do, when I leave the carousel and accelerate onto the front straight, I cannot keep the front end down on my 1k. Yours seems like you are accelerating hard but it is not coming up. Is there a secret I don't know about?
Curt weights 100 lbs more than a normal human......just kidding Curt...I think
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #10
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richards View Post
Yeah, weighing 300 lbs helps. I also sit really close to the tank, keeping a lot of weight on the front. I'm also pretty judicious as I roll onto the throttle. I suspect the bike is almost fully stood up before I'm at wide open throttle. I'm coming onto the front straight in second gear and the front tire is just skimming the track. BTW, I'm also -1 on the front sprocket.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #11
Jerran V

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

thanks for the video! Look forward to riding with you guys again soon!
Jerran V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #12
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

All these vids from Curt...I hope one day he can record me. Good looking stuff. Whats the raw out put file size/resolution?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #13
level5
moving chicane

sounds like you are in 3rd gear going through the turns and down shift to 2nd at the front straight.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 PM   #14
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
sounds like you are in 3rd gear going through the turns and down shift to 2nd at the front straight.
2nd down the front straight and thru turns one and two. Shifting to third coming out of three and sometimes fourth going into the launch. back to second for the keyhole, through the bus stop and onto the back stretch. shifting to third and forth on the back stretch. Back to second for diamonds edge. Second out of diamonds edge and into third on the straight leading to the carousel. Hit the rev limiter (132 or so) into the carousel and then back to second as I transition the bike to the right to head down the front straight.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #15
99 Chris
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #16
maxgs

Member Garage

BTW, I'm -1 on the front sprocket....
Old 10-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #17
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
2nd down the front straight and thru turns one and two. Shifting to third coming out of three and sometimes fourth going into the launch. back to second for the keyhole, through the bus stop and onto the back stretch. shifting to third and forth on the back stretch. Back to second for diamonds edge. Second out of diamonds edge and into third on the straight leading to the carousel. Hit the rev limiter (132 or so) into the carousel and then back to second as I transition the bike to the right to head down the front straight.
wow you shift the exactly same way as I do. Of course I got the 07 version and I'm +2 on the rear so you got a little more gearing on me. Sounds like I'm at least in the correct gears out there then.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #18
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
wow you shift the exactly same way as I do. Of course I got the 07 version and I'm +2 on the rear so you got a little more gearing on me. Sounds like I'm at least in the correct gears out there then.
I don't think that I'm correct in my gear selection. I suspect it will change once I'm able to get a better drive out of the turns. I'd rather have you talk to one of the racer guys.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #19
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
I don't think that I'm correct in my gear selection. I suspect it will change once I'm able to get a better drive out of the turns. I'd rather have you talk to one of the racer guys.
You have a powerhouse and if you have a good drive out, passing you will be difficult. Late braking and corner speed is another topic.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #20
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I was working corner 3, halfway between diamond's edge and the carousel. A surprising number of riders were bumping the rev limiters before braking for the carousel, and in some cases it was 1-2 seconds of rev limit bump. I guess this was a guy running a real good corner exit from diamond's edge and not expecting to carry that much speed on the straight. This is the only time I can remember working a corner and hearing this over and over again. In your vid you catch 4th.

I'd suspect the fast guys need an extra shift there, like you did. 95% of the guys out on Sunday didn't take full advantage of traction / lean while accelerating out of the left hand kink after Dimond's edge. Looked like folks were jittery about laying into the throttle while banked over more than 20 degrees or so. And most never even made it to the right hand edge going down the straight. You had at least 10 feet on your right, making me think you could crack it open while you were a little deeper in the tight stuff, then letting it air out on the straight by floating to the right.

Nice vid. Good speed. Makes me want to get a 1k for trackdays.

Advertisement