MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
bluroketr6
RACE READY MODE!!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2007 R6 Blue

Member Garage

Bike Transportation to Track Days

I noticed that most of all of you guys had a pick up truck or trailers to pull your bike to the track. Those of you do not have neither, how do you guys transport your bike to the track? I might backpack my tools but I don't see how I can take my stand and gas can?
bluroketr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike transportation to Halllett bluepine Taking it to the Track 0 04-30-2014 11:37 AM
how do you tote your bike for track days? obed Taking it to the Track 24 08-15-2011 11:06 AM
Is your bike your only transportation? eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 05-20-2011 05:39 PM
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
For those whose bike is their only means of transportation... Mr. Sparkles General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 12-06-2007 10:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

do you have any friends or a girl that would drive your stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
usually you can find a friend or someone else that you haven't met to ride and haul with, we do it all the time.

NEVER a good idea to ride your bike to a t/d just in case. who are you riding the t/d with?
in case you wreck... and if you run all session you could get pretty tired
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

usually you can find a friend or someone else that you haven't met to ride and haul with, we do it all the time.

NEVER a good idea to ride your bike to a t/d just in case. who are you riding the t/d with?
CarbonJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
[poser]
"the un-original"

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'o7 sv650s: Tundra DC 5.7: Trek 1.2
wish I had a motard / dual sport, it'll be next

I personally would not ride to a TD, what if you have a spill and can't ride it home. Not to mention I like to come over prepared
"its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it"

I would recomend posting up on this and what ever other forums you post on looking to see if anyone has any extra space in their trailer / truck, most would be more than happy to lend a ride if you're close enough.
The last track day I worked I hauled someone's bike out there in my truck.

just offer to pitch in for gas
Originally Posted by my father-in-law
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad
[poser] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Quote:

+1

Most of the time, I see folks renting from UHaul, or borrowing a friend's p/u if they don't own one.

Car pooling is a great idea, I usually have room for one more bike when I do track days.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

if you are riding with LSTD and can get the bike to my house, i'd be glad to haul the two of you with me!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
if you're looking for a ride on Friday, I may be able to help you out. It's a tight squeeze for 2 bikes in the bed of my S-10, but it can be done. I'll know for sure tomorrow, waiting on the boss man's approval to take yet another day off of work
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
Houston'sK5
Banned

Bike(s):
Yellow Haro(Dave Mira Edition)
F4easy

Member Garage

User is banned

Houston'sK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
if you're looking for a ride on Friday, I may be able to help you out. It's a tight squeeze for 2 bikes in the bed of my S-10, but it can be done. I'll know for sure tomorrow, waiting on the boss man's approval to take yet another day off of work
just send another one of those fancy emails and you'll get the day off
Old 10-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
[poser]
"the un-original"

Bike(s):

Like wise,
I'm doing MSRH on 11/1, and I'm out in Katy if you can get it out to my house and chip in for gas you're more than welcome

and like said by others, its an open invite I can fit one more in the back of my tundra
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad
Old 10-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #11
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
just send another one of those fancy emails and you'll get the day off
I'll try and refrain from doing that again.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
mike

Member Garage

I have a spot for TWS (Texas World Speedway) on Friday (going to the track on Thursday night) on the trailer. Same here, you chip in gas and your bike gets to the track .
I live in Spring.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #13
bluroketr6
RACE READY MODE!!!

Bike(s):
2007 R6 Blue

Member Garage

Dudes!

Much appreciate all the support. I want to do MSRH on Nov 1. Poser I might take your offer on the ride. I be at Northwest side near Beltway 8 and 290. I will pm you with additional info. TWS (Texas World Speedway) sounds nice too but I can't get off work. Maybe next time guys. I really appreciate the offers. I got you on my buddy list now. Next time, I give you guys holla.

This is my first time out there and it prob better if i do get a chance to go out there with someone who's been there too. Cuz don't know anybody out there in the t/d. Kind of new to the track scene. and I kind of don't want to be stuck like chuck. Keke.

Again Thanks for all the offers and advice.
bluroketr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #14
mike

Member Garage

So far the track days I've been to I never had a problem to be alone or whatever. Everybody is usually very friendly and helpful. Just a great group of people. You'll have a great time.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #15
[poser]
"the un-original"

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluroketr6 View Post
Dudes!

Much appreciate all the support. I want to do MSRH on Nov 1. Poser I might take your offer on the ride. I be at Northwest side near Beltway 8 and 290. I will pm you with additional info. TWS (Texas World Speedway) sounds nice too but I can't get off work. Maybe next time guys. I really appreciate the offers. I got you on my buddy list now. Next time, I give you guys holla.

This is my first time out there and it prob better if i do get a chance to go out there with someone who's been there too. Cuz don't know anybody out there in the t/d. Kind of new to the track scene. and I kind of don't want to be stuck like chuck. Keke.

Not a problem and PM replied!
This will be my first time at HSRH too so it may be "the blind leading the blind"
however so far EVERYONE I have met at track events are super cool and VERY helpful
Old 10-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #16
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

If you do a track day with RideSmart, we post carpool threads for our events. If you plan on attending the MSRH Nov 1 event, we will have one for it too very shortly. It is a good way to split gas costs and still not have to ride up to the event. Riding up is not entirely good, as others stated. It is your ride back home, and if you wreck it, you just eliminated your means of getting back.

I have also seen people using uhaul trailers attached to whatever vehicles they have (seen it all).
Yet another option, if you have a friend with a pick up, would they mind you lending them your vehicle for the day while you borrow their for transporting your bike in?

Just more ideas.
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #17
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Dudes!

I am re-considering doing the Nov 1st TD with Ride Smart as well. At $120, how can you beat that? I think I might just give Ride Smart another chance. If I do sign up, I'll PM you. I'm at 290 and Fairbanks N Houston so I'm in your area if you need a ride (assuming I sign up).
Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #18
logan5

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

I use a 4x8 trailer that I pull with my accord. Works for me. Before that I just bummed rides off of people all the time. You don't want to ride your bike to the track. Did that only one time and will never do that again.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #19
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

Most of the local tracks sell 93 octane and race fuel.
I know these tracks do:
MSR Houston
TWS (Texas World Speedway)
ECR
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #20
ange062

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZX-6R race bike
'05 SV650 Street
CMRA Expert #826, #63 Team Supafly Mini-Endurance, #26 IDB Racing BB Endurance

Send a message via AIM to ange062
Quote:
I noticed that most of all of you guys had a pick up truck or trailers to pull your bike to the track. Those of you do not have neither, how do you guys transport your bike to the track? I might backpack my tools but I don't see how I can take my stand and gas can?
FYI, crashing sucks twice as bad if you ride to the track, I know from experience. I threw a hitch on my car and bought the smallest trailer I could find to tow it around, I think the whole setup cost me ~$500 and was WELL worth it.
ange062 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement