MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 PM   #21
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
or getting shot at by farmers w BB's... everyone remember that from Fayetteville?
I don't, but I remember it happening in the forest. I was leading, guess I ticked them off oops

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bikers Body Recovered (Hardy Toll Road) Slash24 General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 07-02-2015 08:41 PM
Oil on road. wsestheimer at Wilcrest gtdrivr General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 03-22-2013 10:33 AM
So some bikers tried to run me off the road last night. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 60 06-14-2011 05:13 PM
Left case leaking oil!! Zapata How To's and Q & A's 15 11-23-2009 10:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #22
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

take it to the track!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #23
andrave

Feedback Rating: (0)

if a car or bike coming around the inside lane hit the oil at the speed limit and slide into a car filled with a local family in the oncoming late, there is a potential situation where that oil slick would have killed a handful of people... most of them locals.

whoever did that should be "spread horizontally across the road." I don't care if they were tired of people riding fast through their neighborhood. This isn't the wild west. Its not shoot first and ask questions later. Its not up to citizens to take hostile action against other motorists. There is no way you can justify this.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #24
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
"this is not by far the first time i have heard of something like this. i have heard of other things like nails and such in the road as well. understandable that someone might be tired of bikes speeding past their home, but doesn't give them the right to cause a complete stranger possible serious injury or even death from a forced accident. IMO this is no different then a car ramming you on your bike cause they are off at you. They are completely aware of what would come from these actions."

It's not jsut bikes... couple decades ago there was a rash of... 'accident arrangement' by various wrecker services. Metal Shrapnel to 'blow' tires etc, the idea being the wrecker hung out nearby so they could conventiently assist the person.

Think had it happen once to me, was 15-16, pulled a left onto Spring Cypress from I-45 feeder (figure 8am approx), just after entering the overpass the wheels went out from under the bike.
Remember seeing a wrecker parked at the gas station, in the corner facing the intersection/underpass, as I picked the bike up and pushed it out of the intersection into the gas station.

As I check the bike out, I noticed the wrecker was gone... I remember when I first got up, I was like 'wtf'. My palms were coated with clear, 'clean' gold oil...not black, brown or 'dirty'.
Man that is so fu**ed up. Glad you didn't get hurt bad.
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #25
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

man thats some messed up chit
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement