MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Tips for a complete Newb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St-gLJak0S8

I've played it safe for 10k miles so far on my 250. Recently my friend who is a stunt guru (flips etc, starting to explore bike stunts) got me more comfortable with having some fun exploring doing stuff on the bike. Right now my only "stunt" is sliding up to sit on the gas tank and hang my feet out. WOW huh!?! I saw this video, and was blown away. I didn't know it was really feasible to do nice solid wheelies on the 250. I understood the balance point was harder, torque less, and thus harder overall.

Tips for a newb on the empty road nearby on a solid way to begin practicing simple wheelies? You see, i noticed it had his feet on the passenger pegs at one point, and wasn't covering the rear brake I believe, that's a potential diaster for an unexperinced candidate for myself.

Any tips on the basics and keeping it simple to learn? I'll wait for full out hooliganish till I get my motard, but I'd like to learn wheelies and a basic stoppie. I figure it can only help my overall braking technique and perhaps also my ability to control the bike.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote