Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 05:33 PM   #101
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Last edited by loosenoose; 10-13-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: pics
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Champions Forest Area neighborhoods & Homes-Greenwood Forest Huntwick Ponderosa Petro Off Topic 136 03-13-2014 06:02 AM
Need forest guide or directions thru forest CG636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-21-2009 10:16 AM
Need forest guide or directions for forest CG636 Off Topic 1 12-20-2009 02:29 PM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Forest Gnomes: Sat 10.25: GSS or Forest? CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 27 10-20-2008 08:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #102
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

again, thanks guys, whoever it was that pulled me out of the brush and helped me get back on 2 wheels.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #103
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

M, sorry to hear about your wreck. i cant help but notice the terrible irony that i was speeding on the street and wrecked, taking minimal damage to myself and my bike, and you were fully leathered up and on a track and got more damage, and didnt you say that you got pretty beaten up?
kinda makes me feel like an

also, i totally support racing on the track vs on the street. im a bit too constantly broke to enjoy trackdays.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #104
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

i just found out that you have to log into my photobucket acct to see the album. thats gay. here's the bulk of the pics
fritziegonewildmotorcyclewreck040
fritziegonewildmotorcyclewreck039
fritziegonewildmotorcyclewreck037
fritziegonewildmotorcyclewreck036
fritziegonewildmotorcyclewreck035
fritziegonewildmotorcyclewreck029
fritziegonewildmotorcyclewreck027
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #105
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
for the aluminium, there was a very lightly abrasive cloth(kind of like emery cloth or something) that I got for a friend w an old honda cruiser and it cleaned off all the oxydation on his parts. I found it at Suzuki of Conroe but Im sure any of our sponsors would have an idea.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #106
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

interesting!
i'll def have to look for that cloth when im there tomorrow

Last edited by loosenoose; 10-13-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: muh gramur sux
Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #107
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Glad you aren't seriously hurt or killed, loosenoose.

For anyone that rides the street like a racetrack, please attend trackdays to get all your braking, leaning and learn all that skills. I agreed with trackheads/racers, even if you don't know how to trail brake, front brake will/is safer then rear brake. Just treat it like you are on an overpass and coming in too hot, you better get off the bike and lean and brake as much as you can OR you can stand the bike up to brake and hope that you don't fall off the bridge.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #108
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

yeah, i probably could have leaned more, i was scared and i guess just in a competition mindset and not thinking calmly.

im really happy with how my crash went though. . i know i was very lucky, but i dont think it was only luck. i knew it was coming and prepared for the dump as best as i could, since i didnt know of any way i could save it.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #109
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

If you need another set of bars I have some Superbike bend and also drag bars in black laying around here somewhere.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #110
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Wise asian guy once told me......" if you think you are too hot, turn the bike harder. DO NOT STAND IT UP AND RUN OFF." To this day I see his face when I get in too hot saying turn MDF! Turnd MDF!. You'd have to hear the accent for the full effect.

Moral of the story is a low side beats any alternative when a crash looks likely in your imediate future. If you actually choose to ride like an idiot on public roads you deserve what ever "happens" to you. Triple digits, and twice posted recommended turn speeds = idiot. Chasing down riders haulin' from a stand still on the side of the road = idiot. Go ahead and do us the favor and write you own RIP thread. This thread is classic MH, seems the off season cycle has begun, keep all that great advice rollin' ya'll..........you'll get faster or die trying.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #111
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Wise asian guy once told me......" if you think you are too hot, turn the bike harder. DO NOT STAND IT UP AND RUN OFF." To this day I see his face when I get in too hot saying turn MDF! Turnd MDF!. You'd have to hear the accent for the full effect.

Moral of the story is a low side beats any alternative when a crash looks likely in your imediate future. If you actually choose to ride like an idiot on public roads you deserve what ever "happens" to you. Triple digits, and twice posted recommended turn speeds = idiot. Chasing down riders haulin' from a stand still on the side of the road = idiot. Go ahead and do us the favor and write you own RIP thread. This thread is classic MH, seems the off season cycle has begun, keep all that great advice rollin' ya'll..........you'll get faster or die trying.
I remember you saying that at my first track day. And it seems to be one of the biggest pieces of riding advice that I remember. I have gone into a corner or two a little hotter than normal and it really works.

I have not read every post in this thread, but what I have read is great advice to learn and practice.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #112
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post

dude
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 AM   #113
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to ninjathatcould
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
but i got well into the triple digits before i gave up pursuit.
wow... how long have you been riding?? you're not invincible... and it really doesnt even matter how fast you're going, 149 is a very dangerous road.

i was going at or under the speed limit, crested a hill and t-boned a car left turning in front of me. he didn't see me... at all... because he was drunk. some things are out of your control, but your speed is under your control. please don't join the ranks of idiots that give sport bikers a bad reputation.

Quote:
i was looking at an r6, tl1000s or r, and some other supersports, but i think i might benefit from practicing on my sv for a while longer
i would say that is a good idea. good luck. glad to see you made it out alive and well.

ninjathatcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #114
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

yaaaay! bike is up and running great now!
the rad is fine. i wasnt able to get the mount professionally re-applied, so my dad used this adhesive compound stuff that you knead and smush it onto wherever it needs to go. billy mays sells the stuff, so you know it's good! lol
we put a very thick zip tie around that and i think the rad will be held pretty snugly by it's 2 other connections if that one fails.

Advertisement