MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #21
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
very nice mr. cdill. very nice.
+1
and great video footage
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celine and Squanto at MSR Houston on 10/12/08 TheMagicMan General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 10-16-2008 11:00 AM
Wes at MSR Houston on 10/11/08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-14-2008 08:46 AM
Jerran fly by at MSR Houston on 10/11/08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 10-13-2008 10:21 PM
Hooligan at MSR Houston on 10/11/08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 10-12-2008 09:38 PM
Houman at MSR Houston on 10/11 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 10-11-2008 11:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #22
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
That video is clean!

Awesome vid guys!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #23
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
These guys are quite fast coming out of the the turns on their 600's. They can pin the throttle very quickly at high lean angles. I roll into the throttle at high lean angles, waiting to pin it once the bike is more up and down to keep from breaking the rear tire loose; during the second session I slid the rear tire out three times. At this point the GSXR-1000 can be quite a handful if I'm not pretty judicious with the throttle when the bike is leaned over. And, of course, being 300 pounds is not helping.
And I had agreed to video these guys. It's pretty hard to do that if you pass them I need MotoGP cameras so I can video off the back of the bike. That would be cool.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #24
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
These guys are quite fast coming out of the the turns on their 600's. They can pin the throttle very quickly at high lean angles. I roll into the throttle at high lean angles, waiting to pin it once the bike is more up and down to keep from breaking the rear tire loose; during the second session I slid the rear tire out three times. At this point the GSXR-1000 can be quite a handful if I'm not pretty judicious with the throttle when the bike is leaned over. And, of course, being 300 pounds is not helping.
great vid! Ditto on your comment. I notice the same thing out there. The 600 guys can pin it open alot sooner then I can blasting out of the corners compared to us 1000cc guys that wait alittle to get to WOT exiting the corners. I actually think I would be faster on a 600 then a 1000 at MSRH, plus the 1k you got to man handle so much to overcome the inertia changes directions. Oh by the way that was me in the blue leathers at diamonds edge. I heard ya'll coming and I wasn't pushing any pace at the time so I slowed down to watch the fun. Nice riding guys you all were haulling some A$$!

Last edited by gixxerman; 10-12-2008 at 10:54 AM.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #25
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
great vid! Ditto on your comment. I notice the same thing out there. The 600 guys can pin it open alot sooner then I can blasting out of the corners compared to us 1000cc guys that wait alittle to get to WOT exiting the corners. I actually think I would be faster on a 600 then a 1000 at MSRH, plus the 1k you got to man handle so much to overcome the inertia changes directions. Oh by the way that was me in the blue leathers at diamonds edge. I heard ya'll coming and I wasn't pushing any pace at the time so I slowed down to watch the fun. Nice riding guys you all were haulling some A$$!
In an earlier session, I was trying to get by you but you were coming out of the corners better too. I was all up in you at turn in and through mid corner, then you'd pull away until the next corner. And, you pulled a major wheelie down the front straight... that totally motivated me and I caught back up and managed to out brake you into turn one the next lap. It was great fun!

-Curt
Old 10-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #26
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

looks awesome. very clean vid. i like the engine sounds better than music too
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #27
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
I saw you glance back and let us by. I appreciate it. That was about as fast as I could go! lol
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #28
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Just watched the vid. , nice !!!!
ANTISOCIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #29
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
In an earlier session, I was trying to get by you but you were coming out of the corners better too. I was all up in you at turn in and through mid corner, then you'd pull away until the next corner. And, you pulled a major wheelie down the front straight... that totally motivated me and I caught back up and managed to out brake you into turn one the next lap. It was great fun!

-Curt
oh that was you. Nice riding bro! My daughter and nephew was in the stands watching and I saw the checked flag. So was a nice chance to show off a little you know for the kids. I always wanted to wheelie past a waving checkered flag (you know fill a glimps what the real racers feel) so I couldn't resist to pull it up even if it did slow me down lol.
Yeah I've been working on my corner entry and exits every time I go out. I'm starting to carry a little more speed going in, but I know I can carry so much more. I did start to hammer down on it alot more exiting the corners though. Still alittle cautious though to not hammer to hard exiting. I've spun up exiting the tech section before you make the right hander to the back straight one time. Actually felt pretty smooth, but first time I got the BT-003 to spin exiting a corner. Really great tires. The more I throw at them the better they seem to stick. Just hadn't got the to go in as fast like some of the faster guys. Alonzo is very inspirational to watch going into a corner when he's passes me. I'll get there one day though. Can't wait for Nov.1 to go out there again.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #30
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I saw you glance back and let us by. I appreciate it. That was about as fast as I could go! lol
yeah no problem. I try to listen and watch out for guys faster then I'm going. I don't want to mess up a good run for someone by getting in there way.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #31
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
oh that was you. Nice riding bro! My daughter and nephew was in the stands watching and I saw the checked flag. So was a nice chance to show off a little you know for the kids. I always wanted to wheelie past a waving checkered flag (you know fill a glimps what the real racers feel) so I couldn't resist to pull it up even if it did slow me down lol.
Yeah I've been working on my corner entry and exits every time I go out. I'm starting to carry a little more speed going in, but I know I can carry so much more. I did start to hammer down on it alot more exiting the corners though. Still alittle cautious though to not hammer to hard exiting. I've spun up exiting the tech section before you make the right hander to the back straight one time. Actually felt pretty smooth, but first time I got the BT-003 to spin exiting a corner. Really great tires. The more I throw at them the better they seem to stick. Just hadn't got the to go in as fast like some of the faster guys. Alonzo is very inspirational to watch going into a corner when he's passes me. I'll get there one day though. Can't wait for Nov.1 to go out there again.
My mistake... The guy I was caught behind was on a red bike and he had black/gray leathers. I remember your wheelie, but I don't have it on tape. That would have a really cool keeper!!!

I'm uploading a clip of the guy I had trouble passing. I'm curious who he or she was.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:51 AM   #32
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Nice vid!!! Looking good Brandt! Hope to see you two at the track soon!
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #33
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Nice vid!!! Looking good Brandt! Hope to see you two at the track soon!
Tks.

I will be at MSRH on the 1st, Cresson on the 9th and the TTD event at TWS (Texas World Speedway), whenever that is.

Then what am I gonna do?:(
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement