MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Ginters to BSB Rizla Suzuki !!!

Quote:
Sylvain Guintoli will move from MotoGP to British Superbikes in 2009 with Suzuki.

MotoGP racer Sylvain Guintoli will compete in the British Superbike Championship next season after concluding a one-year deal with Crescent Suzuki.

Having failed to secure a top-line seat in the World Superbike Championship, Guintoli has turned his attention to the British series in an attempt to re-establish a winning reputation.

While it is seen as a risk to be moving from MotoGP, where he has raced at the top level for two seasons with Tech 3 Yamaha and Alice Ducati, to a national Superbike championship, Guintoli turned down a deal to remain as a test rider with Ducati in order to race.

“I am really pleased about it,” Rizla Suzuki team manager Jack Valentine told Crash.net. “Sylvain is a quality rider; he is still young and has a lot of ambitions. He has come to BSB to win it.”

Speaking about how the deal came about, Valentine reveals an agreement was put in motion by Suzuki MotoGP boss Paul Denning.

“We were looking for a replacement for Tom next year and we were talking with several people, not just in the BSB paddock. Paul Denning just got chatting to him and out of that it emerged Sylvain was very interested because he wanted to get back to winning ways, which he hasn't done for some time even though he has done a great job in MotoGP.

“He is seeing this as an ambitious move to get back to winning races and the championship before hopefully moving to the world championship with Suzuki.”

Signing for a single season, Guintoli fills one of two available seats at the Crescent team for 2009 following Tom Sykes' switch to World Superbikes and Atsushi Watanabe's Relentless Suzuki deal.

While Guintoli has not enjoyed the best of success in MotoGP, his signing is nonetheless seen as something of a coup. Indeed, Valentine is excited about the prospect of his arrival to the team.
Having lost Haslam, Byrne, Sykes and Crutchlow to WSBK for 2009
on top of Kiyo, Rea, Hill and Lavilla last year its nice to see some real quality coming in to the series.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote