Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #21
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
Wow. Never heard of anything like this. Sounds like to me. Not so sure that a tip that stolen bike might be at this track is probable cause to raid a private track day. The right lawyer might be able to rile up some about it in court. Course that's even more money spent. Like I said. BOS, Seller's DL, if some were to come up say look I bought it from this guy. If it is stolen then he's your man.

I got all the respect in the world for cops. But if a group of cops showed up at a track day I was at and wanted to check and verify paperwork on every bike and waste my day and my money paid for that track day I would tell them to go do actual police work and stop wasting my fcking tax dollars. If you want to come out and check out a particular person or bike off of a tip I think that makes since, but checking paperwork on every bike there, regardless of whether it's a legal street bike or not is bullshit.

You have something against cocps trying to come down on stolen bikes? If your bike is clean then you should have nothing to worry about. Personally, I'm all for it b/c I hate theives.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So true.. Danurse General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 01-25-2013 10:42 AM
Is This True?? Hooligan General Discussion (Moto Related) 132 11-18-2008 12:55 PM
A true example fidelitas88 Off Topic 15 07-18-2008 11:49 AM
Can't believe this is true... dhdrider Off Topic 7 08-11-2007 09:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #22
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
You have something against cocps trying to come down on stolen bikes? If your bike is clean then you should have nothing to worry about. Personally, I'm all for it b/c I hate theives.
I have nothing against cops cracking down on stolen bikes as I have stated before in several threads. someone tried to steal my bike one night at home. Maybe you should re-read my post. But coming to a trackday and checking on paperwork for every bike there is rediculous. Maybe they should go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday and lock down all exits of the parking lot and check every person for insurance. Anyone that doesn't should not be allowed to leave, and if they do, slam with the ticket so their can be SR22 from then on out. If they all have insurance there should be nothing to worry about right?

Same , different situation.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #23
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I have nothing against cops cracking down on stolen bikes. Maybe you should re-read my post. But coming to a trackday and checking on paperwork for every bike there is rediculous. Maybe they should go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday and lock down all exits of the parking lot and check every person for insurance. Anyone that doesn't should not be allowed to leave, and if they do, slam with the ticket so their can be SR22 from then on out.

I'm for both.

btw. you need to chillax and loosen up dem panties
Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #24
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
I got all the respect in the world for LEOs. But if a group of them showed up at a track day I was at and wanted to check and verify paperwork on every bike and waste mine and everyone else's day and money paid for that track day I would tell them to go do actual police work and stop wasting my fcking tax dollars. Doesn't mean they can't still do it and be dicks, cause who is gonna stop them. But if they want to arrest me for exercising my first amendment rights then they can go right ahead. I know wonderful lawyers. If they want to come out and check out a particular person or bike off of a tip I think that makes since, but checking paperwork on every bike there, regardless of whether it's a legal street bike or not is bullshit.
Bam! "You're cuffed and stuffed, smart . Watch your head getting in..."
Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #25
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Like I said. BOS, Seller's DL, if some were to come up say look I bought it from this guy. If it is stolen then he's your man.
that's what I do, BOS and a copy of the sellers DL to match the signature.

Quote:
You have something against cops trying to come down on stolen bikes? If your bike is clean then you should have nothing to worry about. Personally, I'm all for it b/c I hate theives.
+1, but it would suck if it interfered with the TD event.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #26
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
I have nothing against cops cracking down on stolen bikes as I have stated before in several threads. someone tried to steal my bike one night at home. Maybe you should re-read my post. But coming to a trackday and checking on paperwork for every bike there is rediculous. Maybe they should go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday and lock down all exits of the parking lot and check every person for insurance. Anyone that doesn't should not be allowed to leave, and if they do, slam with the ticket so their can be SR22 from then on out. If they all have insurance there should be nothing to worry about right?

good point....

I'm pretty sure they'd find more peeps lacking insurance than stolen bike parts.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #27
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm for both.

btw. you need to chillax and loosen up dem panties

I hate bike thieves and I hate people that roll around sans insurance. But I think both examples are ridiculous. And my panties are plenty loose, but I think police harassing a large group of individuals and causing them trouble to get the maybe 1 person they are looking for is completely uncalled for and abuse of power.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #28
ROADandTRACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormgear View Post
So Tom, or anyone who has had this experience....
Are you saying that they confiscated bikes because nobody had title or bill of sale, even if the vin's were clean?
They tried to take all the GP bikes since there are no #'s on those. Till, Johnny Landers pitched a fit and finally explained that they come like that since they are never even supposed to see the street.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #29
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Now im going to make sure the bikes are legit. I try to always get a title but if a BOS works and a copy of the DL works then maybe i will just get that

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #30
PB125

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

I'm for getting the F'n thieves as well. BUT, I don't want to be bothered on my day off by rookie cops with nothing to do. I'm not breaking the law. I have my in order. DPS has to have probable cause to stop and detain you and ask for documents pertaining to stolen articles ie; motorcycles. AND they're on private property and/ or a private course. It's called unreasonable search and siezure. Unless they have reason to belive the bike is stolen and have PC to stop and detain you, they can go pound sand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man

Last edited by PB125; 10-10-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: added text
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #31
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB125 View Post
I'm for getting the F'n thieves as well. BUT, I don't want to be bothered on my day off by rookie cops with nothing to do. I'm not breaking the law. I have my in order. DPS has to have probable cause to stop and detain you and ask for documents pertaining to stolen articles ie; motorcycles. AND they're on private property and/ or a private course. It's called unreasonable search and siezure. Unless they have reason to belive the bike is stolen and have PC to stop and detain you, they can go pound sand!
I hear ya bro.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #32
PB125

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

And just to clear up any questions....I am a Cop. 'Been a Cop for fifteen years. I'll back just about any Officer up if I believe he's doing the right thing. I also hate f'n thieves. They need to die a fiery cancerous death. But, If I've paid good money to be at a private event on private property on my day off and some ding-dong holding a badge attempting to intimidate sport-bikers and demanding info for my completely legal cycle.....will be politely told to "Go-Pound-Sand!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #33
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
I got all the respect in the world for LEOs. But if a group of them showed up at a track day I was at and wanted to check and verify paperwork on every bike and waste mine and everyone else's day and money paid for that track day I would tell them to go do actual police work and stop wasting my fcking tax dollars. Doesn't mean they can't still do it and be dicks, cause who is gonna stop them. But if they want to arrest me for exercising my first amendment rights then they can go right ahead. I know wonderful lawyers. If they want to come out and check out a particular person or bike off of a tip I think that makes since, but checking paperwork on every bike there, regardless of whether it's a legal street bike or not is bullshit.
No matter how this "sounds" to you, it does happen, has happened, and will happen again.

And I think you already know the results of acting like a fool to the PD in your above scenario.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #34
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
I have no title, just a BOS, a copy of the sellers DL, and a "public data" report that was printed off the internet indicating it has a "junk" status.
They don't need no report to determine that.
One look at your bike says it all.

kidding.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #35
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

My experiences without having a title.....

1. Pulled over because the bike in my truck had no plate. Cop asked about it I gave the Stunt Bike story even showed some pics off my phone. He ran vin and said have a nice day.

2. Pulled over for speeding. Cop asked about bike with no plate. Gave him the stunt bike story. He arrested me for a warrant and let my friend leave with the truck and bike. Didnt even run the VIN.

So i'll have to call BS. as long as the VIN is clear. and you are not on the street. they wont do .
Old 10-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #36
stunterdude

Bike(s):
04 zx10,03 gsxr600,2001 f4i, 03 gsxr 1000, 2006 yzf250,2004crf150,2006 crf 450r,2001 929,06 klx 110

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to stunterdude
i have cops pull me over all the timein tha cypress area and the first dam thing they ask me is "whos bike is this"lol like i just stole the thing... and they pull me over for no reason, just to **** with me....then after an hour of them trying to find something to take me to jail for with no sucsess they let me go........ive never got a ticket for speeding or anything in my life, just got tickets for improper licsence plate mounting and bs like that nothing against cops or anything but i dont think its necssary to pull me over just for being on a motorcycle, but anyways yes i have had people i know get there bikes impounded for not having titles even if the vins are clean and they couldnt get the bikes out of impound because they didnt have proof of owner ship(title,MSO)

Last edited by stunterdude; 10-10-2008 at 09:34 PM.
stunterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #37
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Funny how people "call BS".

It did happen at an event with the Dallas PD. Yes, they were full of for doing it, but bikes got hauled off and not in a nice manner.

I am currently considering a track only bike also and there is not a clear title. I have zero reason to think the seller is moving a stolen bike, nor do I have any reason the prior owner before him had done anything incorrect. I am still being told by people I trust to wait and get a track bike with a clear title. I still haven't decided what I am going to do yet. I do realize that if I buy it, I do have the slim chance that somebody calls a random accusation into a track day event I am at, and I have the possibility of having a pain in the moment.

Anytime you buy anything, it is up to the buyer to weigh the risks versus rewards. If anyone knowingly buys a stolen bike or parts, they ought to have their handed to them, and in that regard, I don't mind being checked. From what I have understood, the event with the Dallas PD was a bit of a witch hunt and GP bikes that didn't have 17 digit VINS were seized. I used to have a streeet legal VFR400R that didn't have a proper 17 digit VIN, I guess I am lucky I wasn't there that day watching!

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #38
dcm5586

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2002 triumph daytona
01 f4i rip
05 gsxr 6 sold
01 cbr f4i sold
02 gsxr 6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
Blame all this on the guys running stolen on our racetracks. It never hurts to run a VIN on any bike you are getting without a clean clear texas title.

Does anyone know how to check an engine to see if it might not be legitimate? I have an offer for a replacement motor for my 04; GSXR, but I have no way of knowing if it is hot or not.
only way to do that is talk to Suzuki and give them the vin# on the engine i think it takes about 6 weeks to find out if its clean or not idk why but thats what my friends aunt told me she's a cop
dcm5586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #39
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
And I think you already know the results of acting like a fool to the PD in your above scenario.
But as stated above. I have the utmost respect for LEO's....that is unless they fill the need to act all supercop cool dude badass and be a to me when I am on private property minding my own business. At that point fck em. Respect is a give some get some thing with me, whether you are a hobo, friend, co-worker, family member, cop or the president. Could care less who they are, they don't show me respect, they can kiss my if they think they'll get any back.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #40
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
They don't need no report to determine that.
One look at your bike says it all.

kidding.
Basta'd!!!!!

Advertisement