MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #21
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

So who all is going and are you all rideing down or what, weekend thang or just for the day?
National Skydiving Championships – October 12-25 Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 0 10-02-2009 08:16 PM
2008 liter bike shootout JRxGRUBZx General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 07-16-2008 12:54 PM
Top Speed of Bugatti Veyron, top gear vid RACER X Off Topic 15 02-11-2007 07:30 PM
top speed run and high speed wheelies. CBR 1000 CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-19-2005 10:29 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #22
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

you gonna take the Mille out and show up what it can do
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #23
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

you know that is a 1000 cc bike right????????????????? compleatly derestricked! eprom, airbox mod ex!

i know its not as fast as the busa , i know i had one , i started the busa club! but its fast enogh!

besides i would beat all the busas couse you all would be to buisy possing !

but no i would not be running. i have no gear for that ! would like to go hang and check out the cars !
Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #24
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2447INTX View Post

you know that is a 1000 cc bike right????????????????? compleatly derestricked! eprom, airbox mod ex!

i know its not as fast as the busa , i know i had one , i started the busa club! but its fast enogh!

but no i would not be running. i have no gear for that ! would like to go hang and check out the cars !
LOL, Not all of us are Posers I do however wish I could afford to go faster.
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #25
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:

you would see some pretty fast posing from those 600hp Busa
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #26
JOEBUSA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'08 Busa 186 HP
'07 Raptor 700 (quad)
'09 CRF450R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Anyone hear from ZXAlan? Was wondering how the charging system was going on his bike. He wanted to run this year again.
He's working on it, I'm not sure if he'll be ready. I would like to see him make it this year.
JOEBUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #27
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

if you all make this a group thing, MH style let me know i would like to ride down with you all,

ill try to keep up i promis!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #28
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
if you all make this a group thing, MH style let me know i would like to ride down with you all,

ill try to keep up i promis!
I dont need no more tickets **** all that Bullsh*t
Old 10-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #29
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

I would love to make this!!!!!!!!! I tried looking for rules and regs on the wesite but couldnt find nothing...

I heard somewhere u had to have a steering dampner? What else has to be done to the bike? Some one let me know cuz I would like to register before they get full

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #30
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

just found the link......
. Engine kill switch. Riders must have a lanyard style kill switch that kills all power in the event of a rider falling off. Tip over switches will NOT be a suitable replacement for a kill switch.

2. Tires will be ZR rated D.O.T. tires, front and rear

3. Front axels must be safety wired. Rear axels must have the nut pinned, clipped, or safety wired,

4. Oil drain plugs will be safety wired and it is encouraged to safety wire the filter but is not required at this time.

5. Drive chains must have the master link safety wired or siliconed (preferably colored silicone)

6. Crankcase breather hoses must be run into a catch tank or in to the air box.

7. Leather racing suits must be worn and zipped at all times while in the hot pits or racing lane. Two piece suits must zip together.

8. Kevlar T panels can only be used for expansion flexibility (arms and legs) and not to replace other large areas of leather.

9. Leather gloves with no holes or other openings other than breathing pinholes.

10. Leather boots or racing boots with no holes and covering the ankles.

11. Helmets must be certified by Snell Memorial Foundation and bearing M2000 or M2005 approval stickers. All helmets must be in sound condition, including shell, liner, and strap. All helmets must be approved by the tech inspector.

12. Shields must be shatterproof in nature and have clear visibility.

13. Visor tear-offs are not allowed.

14. The Texas Mile prohibits hydration devices such as camel backs during racing events.

15. Steering Damper for speeds greater than 140.

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #31
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
I would love to make this!!!!!!!!! I tried looking for rules and regs on the wesite but couldnt find nothing...

I heard somewhere u had to have a steering dampner? What else has to be done to the bike? Some one let me know cuz I would like to register before they get full
-New rules effective 2008-

1. Engine kill switch. Riders must have a lanyard style kill switch that kills all power in the event of a rider falling off. Tip over switches will NOT be a suitable replacement for a kill switch.

2. Tires will be ZR rated D.O.T. tires, front and rear

3. Front axels must be safety wired. Rear axels must have the nut pinned, clipped, or safety wired,

4. Oil drain plugs will be safety wired and it is encouraged to safety wire the filter but is not required at this time.

5. Drive chains must have the master link safety wired or siliconed (preferably colored silicone)

6. Crankcase breather hoses must be run into a catch tank or in to the air box.

7. Leather racing suits must be worn and zipped at all times while in the hot pits or racing lane. Two piece suits must zip together.

8. Kevlar T panels can only be used for expansion flexibility (arms and legs) and not to replace other large areas of leather.

9. Leather gloves with no holes or other openings other than breathing pinholes.

10. Leather boots or racing boots with no holes and covering the ankles.

11. Helmets must be certified by Snell Memorial Foundation and bearing M2000 or M2005 approval stickers. All helmets must be in sound condition, including shell, liner, and strap. All helmets must be approved by the tech inspector.

12. Shields must be shatterproof in nature and have clear visibility.

13. Visor tear-offs are not allowed.

14. The Texas Mile prohibits hydration devices such as camel backs during racing events.

15. Steering Damper for speeds greater than 140.

If you have any questions about the above rules, please contact the Mile staff before coming to the event.

THREE CLASS TYPES FOR MOTORCYCLES:
1. MOTORCYCLE SPEED TRIAL
2. LANDSPEED RACE CLASSES
3. ACCURACY SPEED TRIAL Riders can choose one to two CLASS TYPES. Riders can compete in #1, or #2, and/or #3 option:
Extra fee applies to choosing two CLASS types. See REGISTRATION FOR FEES. OBJECT OF SPEED TRIALS:
The object is for the rider to be the fastest motorcycle in a SPEED TRIAL CLASS at the end of the mile (last 132 feet of the mile) in order to obtain a placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd). For those that place, you also receive a speed certificate based on your top speed run. MOTORCYCLE SPEED TRIAL CLASSIFICATIONS: Your classification will be based on cc's and power adders. There are 12 classes in the Motorcycle Speed Trail Group:

A-F (CC class identifier)
NP- No Power Adder
PA - Power Adder
CLASSES:

ANP, APA, BNP, BPA, CNP, CPA, DNP, DPA, ENP, EPA, FNP and FPA

CC CLASS IDENTIFIERS FOR SPEED TRIAL
A - 499cc or below

B - 450cc - 599cc
C - 600cc - 749cc

D - 750cc - 999cc

E- 1000cc - 1249cc

F - 1250cc +

ACCURACY SPEED TRIAL: OBJECT OF ACCURACY SPEED TRIAL:
Riders attempt to get as close to or exactly on a pre-determined speed. Riders can choose target speeds of the following mph: 100, 110, 120, 130, 135, 140, 145, 150, 155, 160, 165, 170, 175, 180 and 185. The rider closest to the pre-determined target speed wins 1st place. Awards are given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Attention ALL: WAIVER- this is not the complete waiver. You will be required to sign a complete waiver at the event.

This event was originally created to provide those with everyday performance motorcycles and cars a place to legally run their cars over the speed limit, over a short distance (1 mile), and build up to a speed below 175 mph.

There is a fire/rescue crew on sight and an ambulance. HOWEVER, none of the safety requirements or safety crews guarantees your safety. You are entering this event at your own will and understand that it is dangerous and you could be harmed or killed. You enter completely at your own risk and you are not depending on anybody to ensure your safety or your well-being or the safety or well-being of those that are your guest or fans. You agree not to sue anybody and/or any company and your family/heirs and friends agree not to sue anybody and/or any company if you or them or harmed, injured or killed.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #32
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

IMPORTANT MUST READ

To: Texas Mile Drivers & Crew

General Information

1. Stay Hydrated - South Texas sun and wind draws moisture from your body like squeezing a sponge. Drink plenty of fluids (non-alcoholic and non-carbolated). Everyone should drink a minimum of at least 12 to 16 ounces of water or sports drink per hour.

2. Drinking Drivers - Make sure your driver drinks at least 16 oz. of water in the 30 minutes immediately prior to each run. Also, make sure your driver visits the Port-a-Can prior to each run. A full bladder floods your focus and crowds your concentration.

3. Emergency Help - If you require medical help in the paddock or pits, DO NOT go directly to the EV Station. Send someone to “Race Control” or any race official and they will radio dispatch the ambulance and/or crash truck.

4. Pump/Racing gas or “Fuel” - If you are running anything other than pump or racing gas, make sure to notify your “Tech Inspector”. The Crash Rescue Team MUST be aware of any vehicle that has NOS, nitro, methanol, acetone, or any other oxidizers, additives or exotics (fuel not dancers) aboard.

5. Foot Traffic in the Paddock: Especially Children - The “Paddock” is on the tower-side of the lane and the “return road/pit road” is on the trackside. Please keep all foot traffic, ESPECIALLY CHILDREN, on the paddock side away from traffic. Thank You!!!

6. No Spectators Beyond The ¾ Mile Cones - No one except authorized “pick-up teams” and Race Officials are allowed beyond the cones at the ¾ mile mark, parallel with the Ambulance and Crash Truck.

Driver Information

1. Mandatory Driver’s Meeting - You must attend the Driver’s Meeting before you are allowed to race. You will receive your driver wristband at the drivers meeting. There will be TWO (2) Driver’s Meetings each day. The first is as shown on the schedule. The second (for you late sleepers) will be at lunch (see schedule). If you miss the first meeting, you may not run until you have attended the lunchtime drivers meeting.

2. From the start line to the timing traps - Focus and Concentrate. The course runs down the right side of a 200’ wide runway that is 1.5 miles long. Check your gages at least once prior to the ¾-mile marker. If you have any problem during your run, gently steer the car to the left to get off the racing line and gently roll out of the throttle while braking to a safe stop. You may have fluids on your tires so steer and brake carefully to avoid spinning. If you put fluids down on the racing line, the clean-up time will delay your competitors and make you an unpopular person. Come to a safe stop off the racing line. TURN OFF YOUR MASTER SWITCH!!! We see you and we will come get you. For safety reasons, your crew is not allowed to come get you on the racetrack.

3. From the timing traps to the return road: It isn’t over, now you got to stop - The SHUT -DOWN. Assuming you have no problems and make a full pass: Keep your head up and your eyes focused on the timing traps. At 200 mph you are traveling 293 feet per second and you have ½ mile to slow enough to make the right turn onto the return road. Immediately as you clear the end of the timing box, gently roll out of the throttle. Brake hard but do not loose steering control and do not flat spot your tires. Experienced Texas Milers will tell you “At Goliad, you need all the brakes (and breaks) you can get!” If you use a parachute, remember reaction time plus “blossom” time at 293 fps. We recommend you pull the chute lever as you ENTER the timing box. You WILL clear the box before the chute opens. We also recommend at least a 75-foot tether to keep the rear wheels on the ground.

4. The Return Road - A RIGHT TURN. IF you slow enough to SAFELY, make the right turn to the return road - good for you. If you cannot make the right turn safely and under COMPLETE CONTROL, you still have OVERRUN room (see below). DO NOT turn right beyond the cones: This is a DEBRIS FIELD (drivers left, outside the cones) and you risk tire damage. or worse. Assuming you safely make the 90° right turn, it is important that you DO NOT STOP there. Continue past the second 90° right turn and onto the return road. We will not allow the next car to start its’ run until you have cleared onto the return road. If you must stop, TURN OFF YOUR MASTER SWITCH!!! If your crew needs to come pick you up, you may wait anywhere beyond the second 90° right turn. Return road speed is 40 mph UP TO THE ¾ MILE CONES (parallel with the Ambulance & Crash Truck). On the paddock side of the ¾-mile cones, PIT ROAD SPEED IS 10 MPH no exceptions - this is a major safety hot button and you will be spanked and sent to bed without supper.

5. EV Station at the Big End. You will see an Emergency Vehicle Station on drivers left at the end of the shutdown. If you have an emergency, (fire, etc.) steer toward the EV Station. If you do not have an emergency, turn right - not left at the end.

6. OVERRUN Beyond the Shutdown - Oops or Oh S**t!!! If you cannot SAFELY make the right turn to the return road, do not worry. You still have serviceable overrun. KEEP IT STRAIGHT!!! Spinning to scrub speed is never a good idea. The surface of the overrun beyond the end is SOLID (old pavement) but the surface ROUGH. Sideways off the end is also not a good idea. This “paved but rough” overrun is about another ¼ mile; then you will see cones in a Vee pattern intended to “funnel” you to a dirt road through the trees for about another ¼ mile. If you have not stopped by then, you will be at the highway. You now have a choice: find something to hit or keep going until you get to town. When you do finally stop, TURN OFF YOUR MASTER SWITCH!!!

7. Crews and “Pick-Up Teams” - Do not come beyond the end of the return road. If your car cannot make it to the designated “pick-up point”, we will bring your car and driver to you.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:58 AM   #33
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
In one mile?

quarter miles are close to 115/120 right?

I've seen quarter mile draggers wearing lower leathers which means they are either smart or riding around 120 where its required.

That leaves 3/4 mile to go up to 150. Considering a parabola for efficiency loss due to gearing, its still possible.
With stock gearing and a (mostly) stock motor, you're getting fairly close to top speed in a mile.

The trip out is worth it even if you're not riding... seeing a chick do 220+ on a 'Busa is kinda cool!

Last edited by Pre-K; 10-07-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #34
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Well since I am now a full fledged poser...I'm IN!

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #35
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

this would be really neat to haul the bike down to and take a couple of runs.. i think i would just need to do a couple of things to mine and would be ready to roll.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #36
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingKing View Post
Well since I am now a full fledged poser...I'm IN!
Can we get a roll call????
Old 10-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #37
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
this would be really neat to haul the bike down to and take a couple of runs.. i think i would just need to do a couple of things to mine and would be ready to roll.
Yeah like sway motors with a GSXR 1K
Old 10-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #38
Soup
Smells like lavender..

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Dirty6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
To: Texas Mile Drivers & Crew

4. Pump/Racing gas or “Fuel” - If you are running anything other than pump or racing gas, make sure to notify your “Tech Inspector”. The Crash Rescue Team MUST be aware of any vehicle that has NOS, nitro, methanol, acetone, or any other oxidizers, additives or exotics (fuel not dancers) aboard.
Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #39
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup View Post
I am sure the Tech Inspector's would inspect any exotics dancers if you asked them
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #40
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230