Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #81
Jolseen

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
K6 GSXR 1000
Honda 954RR

The threadstarter has been riding for 1-3 months WTF
Jolseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i wanna ride i wanna ride i wanna ride.... north side Jerzey Events, Meets and Rides 8 09-30-2010 10:42 PM
I dont wanna pickle...just wanna ride my motorcycle! jrob Off Topic 4 05-17-2009 09:36 PM
Anyone wanna ride now? MONSTER1 Events, Meets and Rides 1 05-23-2008 11:46 AM
I wanna ride Duck84 Events, Meets and Rides 5 09-15-2007 03:40 PM
Anyone still up and wanna ride now? Somebody1010 Events, Meets and Rides 11 04-16-2006 07:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #82
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolseen View Post
The threadstarter has been riding for 1-3 months WTF
So have I.
...Or have I?

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #83
Jolseen

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
K6 GSXR 1000
Honda 954RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navajib View Post
So have I.
...Or have I?
that guy has a lot of skill for someone has not been riding that long.
Jolseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #84
jrob
cheers

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I’m a pretty low key dude and I normally stay away from all the truckloads of drama on MH. Honestly, I was just looking through some old pic/vid threads looking to see if anyone had posted up how to get vids on YouTube (since I just recently got a camera bracket for my bike). I work nights and it can get pretty boring when there are no new posts so I sometimes surf older ones I’ve never seen. When I clicked on the thread, I didn’t even think of who it was. When I saw the vid, it was pretty wild but a bit disturbing to me. I have a 3 year old son and I can’t imagine what 500 lbs of metal would do to him if they ever came in contact at those speeds ON A PUBLIC HIGHWAY. I was thinking, good how has this guy not wrecked? That’s when I really looked at the OP’s name and the bulb came on.

For those of you that have a good enough memory, you might remember I stayed out of his “Rider Down” thread, and the subsequent “What makes you a good street rider” thread, so it’s not like I have anything personal against the guy or get a “high horse” hard on when someone wrecks. I didn’t follow anyone around with a camera and force them to post a video. This person WANTED their video to be seen. We all have a right to view, bump threads and post our opinion. Was it a douchebag move on my part? Absolutely. But consider this: I had no comment to add, but from the content of the video, you all got the point clearly. Isn’t that a stronger case than just bumping the thread alone? What does the content of the video have to say about who Helios is and isn’t?

I’ve never met Slowblack, and I’m sure he’s a nice guy considering all the good people that have jumped in in his defense. The guy’s got talent, no doubt. He rides at insane speeds with incredible control through a maze of unpredictable traffic, and at night, no less. He rode, he video taped and he posted for all to see. I clicked on “Reply” and that makes me the ? Typing “Hmmm” is riding a high horse? Let’s step back and take a look at where the source of the shock value is here. Is it my 4-letter post OR the content of the video and what you all believe my implied criticism was?

I love to ride and enjoy meeting good peeps to ride with and learn from. But in the end, my son is more important than my bike, my car, the rides, this website, the threads and the meet n’greets (at which 95% of the people don’t say to me anyway). If you wanna twist your own throttle wide open, have at it. But when that racing mentality starts edging dangerously close to my personal life, I quit thinking like a rider, and start thinking like a father. (Sorry if that sounds like a corny 80’s movie, anyone with a kid will agree.) I have been on the highway both day/night, in my car and on my bike and have had racers blow past me, even in my own lane while on my bike. Nothing you off more than that arrogant . I’m not a pvssy, but that was pretty nerve wracking.

Tiatool, I have met and ridden with you several times. I have immense respect for you and took nothing you said personally. I am not dumb enough to believe that bumping this thread wasn’t going to get criticism and some negative responses, several of which have absolute valid points. I have no clue who rides with whom and who is whose buddy, brother or best friend. Brandt, I take it Slowblack is a good friend of yours. You seem like a very genuine guy and I apologize if you took offense. But if a person is riding irresponsibly, wrecks and kills someone’s mother, father, or even worse a kid, where will all this logic and friendship be? On the side of the road assisting?... calling 911?... pulling an infant out of a burning vehicle?... administering CPR?

MH is chock full of drama. People sling mud, accuse, berate, insult, offend, post pics, lie, cheat and steal EVERYDAY. I guess that was my little contribution of dropping and pot stirring. And, oh yeah, (even though I agree with most of his safety concerns) I seriously doubt that I will ever reach Racer X’s level of notoriety! LOL…
Top notch post man. One of the most intelligent posts I've read here.

My .2 on the matter, The dude can definitely ride. You gotta hand it to him, that right there is raisin proper. Now does that make it alright? Not really. Reckless and irresponsible and blah blah blah blah. Very unfortunate that he went down. I'm real glad hes alright.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #85
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolseen View Post
that guy has a lot of skill for someone has not been riding that long.
You missed the point.

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #86
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i'll be the this time instead of helios but i'll post the same thing...
hmm...

and to quote someone else in theis thread, there are old riders and there are bold riders, but there are no old, bold riders. maybe i can add a little more too it, there are also bold riders in JAIL! BWAHAHAHAHA
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #87
chase4556

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i'll be the this time instead of helios but i'll post the same thing...
hmm...

and to quote someone else in theis thread, there are old riders and there are bold riders, but there are no old, bold riders. maybe i can add a little more too it, there are also bold riders in JAIL! BWAHAHAHAHA
lol. Yeah, sooner or later if you run, you get caught.
chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement