MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #61
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Helios:

I have met you in person, rode with you, and you seem like a nice person; so don't take this personally.

The manner in which you have needlessly bumped this post and your ever insightful post is at best annoying. You are bordering on the level of douchebaggery that were only met at other times by RacerX, Ulrich, and ParAvion.

Ride safe and with your gear on. WE GET IT. Must you really jump on YOUR high horse every time someone else falls off theirs? It is really immature.

YOU are not going to change anyone's mind being a d!ck. Some REAL WORLD ADVICE: Ride your own ride. If someone else wants to blaze off, so be it. It is THEM who is twisting the throttle.
personally i don't think par avion is the same level as ulrich and i.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i wanna ride i wanna ride i wanna ride.... north side Jerzey Events, Meets and Rides 8 09-30-2010 10:42 PM
I dont wanna pickle...just wanna ride my motorcycle! jrob Off Topic 4 05-17-2009 09:36 PM
Anyone wanna ride now? MONSTER1 Events, Meets and Rides 1 05-23-2008 11:46 AM
I wanna ride Duck84 Events, Meets and Rides 5 09-15-2007 03:40 PM
Anyone still up and wanna ride now? Somebody1010 Events, Meets and Rides 11 04-16-2006 07:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #62
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
personally i don't think par avion is the same level as ulrich and i.
THink again FTP
Old 11-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #63
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Helios:

I have met you in person, rode with you, and you seem like a nice person; so don't take this personally.

The manner in which you have needlessly bumped this post and your ever insightful post is at best annoying. You are bordering on the level of douchebaggery that were only met at other times by RacerX, Ulrich, and ParAvion.

Ride safe and with your gear on. WE GET IT. Must you really jump on YOUR high horse every time someone else falls off theirs? It is really immature.

YOU are not going to change anyone's mind being a d!ck. Some REAL WORLD ADVICE: Ride your own ride. If someone else wants to blaze off, so be it. It is THEM who is twisting the throttle.

I have met Helios too and was confused by his post.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #64
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post

I have met Helios too and was confused by his post.
You know, what I have noticed is that there's a BIG difference in how we react to disagreements, or other people's opinions, when we post those opinions on the interwebz vs. hanging out with your buddies over a beer in a pool hall or a titty bar.

It seems we all get our panties in a wad when we read something in an internet forum, yet if we were all hanging out like buddies at the bar, we can be saying the same thing, the same way, and at most we may call each other dumbasses, maybe tell each other to F-off... then before you know it, a fresh set of walks by, and we're buying each other another round.

Everyone needs to kill the hate, and stop being so "sensitive", in both directions, especially when it's adolescent HS drama at best.

Last edited by FlipSideUp; 11-09-2009 at 02:12 PM.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #65
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
JOE for president!!!
A change we can believe in

And Flip, I agree with the interweb raising the level of butthurtedness

But, still, the revival of this thread was unnecessary, regardless if the douchebagisms of the thread reflect the douchebagability of the thread reviverator...

yes, those are ALL real words...
Old 11-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #66
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

sounds like a bunch of kids who don't like to hear

TOLD YA SO..........lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #67
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I’m a pretty low key dude and I normally stay away from all the truckloads of drama on MH. Honestly, I was just looking through some old pic/vid threads looking to see if anyone had posted up how to get vids on YouTube (since I just recently got a camera bracket for my bike). I work nights and it can get pretty boring when there are no new posts so I sometimes surf older ones I’ve never seen. When I clicked on the thread, I didn’t even think of who it was. When I saw the vid, it was pretty wild but a bit disturbing to me. I have a 3 year old son and I can’t imagine what 500 lbs of metal would do to him if they ever came in contact at those speeds ON A PUBLIC HIGHWAY. I was thinking, good how has this guy not wrecked? That’s when I really looked at the OP’s name and the bulb came on.

For those of you that have a good enough memory, you might remember I stayed out of his “Rider Down” thread, and the subsequent “What makes you a good street rider” thread, so it’s not like I have anything personal against the guy or get a “high horse” hard on when someone wrecks. I didn’t follow anyone around with a camera and force them to post a video. This person WANTED their video to be seen. We all have a right to view, bump threads and post our opinion. Was it a douchebag move on my part? Absolutely. But consider this: I had no comment to add, but from the content of the video, you all got the point clearly. Isn’t that a stronger case than just bumping the thread alone? What does the content of the video have to say about who Helios is and isn’t?

I’ve never met Slowblack, and I’m sure he’s a nice guy considering all the good people that have jumped in in his defense. The guy’s got talent, no doubt. He rides at insane speeds with incredible control through a maze of unpredictable traffic, and at night, no less. He rode, he video taped and he posted for all to see. I clicked on “Reply” and that makes me the ? Typing “Hmmm” is riding a high horse? Let’s step back and take a look at where the source of the shock value is here. Is it my 4-letter post OR the content of the video and what you all believe my implied criticism was?

I love to ride and enjoy meeting good peeps to ride with and learn from. But in the end, my son is more important than my bike, my car, the rides, this website, the threads and the meet n’greets (at which 95% of the people don’t say to me anyway). If you wanna twist your own throttle wide open, have at it. But when that racing mentality starts edging dangerously close to my personal life, I quit thinking like a rider, and start thinking like a father. (Sorry if that sounds like a corny 80’s movie, anyone with a kid will agree.) I have been on the highway both day/night, in my car and on my bike and have had racers blow past me, even in my own lane while on my bike. Nothing you off more than that arrogant . I’m not a pvssy, but that was pretty nerve wracking.

Tiatool, I have met and ridden with you several times. I have immense respect for you and took nothing you said personally. I am not dumb enough to believe that bumping this thread wasn’t going to get criticism and some negative responses, several of which have absolute valid points. I have no clue who rides with whom and who is whose buddy, brother or best friend. Brandt, I take it Slowblack is a good friend of yours. You seem like a very genuine guy and I apologize if you took offense. But if a person is riding irresponsibly, wrecks and kills someone’s mother, father, or even worse a kid, where will all this logic and friendship be? On the side of the road assisting?... calling 911?... pulling an infant out of a burning vehicle?... administering CPR?

MH is chock full of drama. People sling mud, accuse, berate, insult, offend, post pics, lie, cheat and steal EVERYDAY. I guess that was my little contribution of dropping and pot stirring. And, oh yeah, (even though I agree with most of his safety concerns) I seriously doubt that I will ever reach Racer X’s level of notoriety! LOL…

Last edited by a forum moderator; 11-09-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #68
brentonjumper

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I’m a pretty low key dude and I normally stay away from all the truckloads of drama on MH. Honestly, I was just looking through some old pic/vid threads looking to see if anyone had posted up how to get vids on YouTube (since I just recently got a camera bracket for my bike). I work nights and it can get pretty boring when there are no new posts so I sometimes surf older ones I’ve never seen. When I clicked on the thread, I didn’t even think of who it was. When I saw the vid, it was pretty wild but a bit disturbing to me. I have a 3 year old son and I can’t imagine what 500 lbs of metal would do to him if they ever came in contact at those speeds ON A PUBLIC HIGHWAY. I was thinking, good how has this guy not wrecked? That’s when I really looked at the OP’s name and the bulb came on.

For those of you that have a good enough memory, you might remember I stayed out of his “Rider Down” thread, and the subsequent “What makes you a good street rider” thread, so it’s not like I have anything personal against the guy or get a “high horse” hard on when someone wrecks. I didn’t follow anyone around with a camera and force them to post a video. This person WANTED their video to be seen. We all have a right to view, bump threads and post our opinion. Was it a douchebag move on my part? Absolutely. But consider this: I had no comment to add, but from the content of the video, you all got the point clearly. Isn’t that a stronger case than just bumping the thread alone? What does the content of the video have to say about who Helios is and isn’t?

I’ve never met Slowblack, and I’m sure he’s a nice guy considering all the good people that have jumped in in his defense. The guy’s got talent, no doubt. He rides at insane speeds with incredible control through a maze of unpredictable traffic, and at night, no less. He rode, he video taped and he posted for all to see. I clicked on “Reply” and that makes me the ? Typing “Hmmm” is riding a high horse? Let’s step back and take a look at where the source of the shock value is here. Is it my 4-letter post OR the content of the video and what you all believe my implied criticism was?

I love to ride and enjoy meeting good peeps to ride with and learn from. But in the end, my son is more important than my bike, my car, the rides, this website, the threads and the meet n’greets (at which 95% of the people don’t say to me anyway). If you wanna twist your own throttle wide open, have at it. But when that racing mentality starts edging dangerously close to my personal life, I quit thinking like a rider, and start thinking like a father. (Sorry if that sounds like a corny 80’s movie, anyone with a kid will agree.) I have been on the highway both day/night, in my car and on my bike and have had racers blow past me, even in my own lane while on my bike. Nothing you off more than that arrogant . I’m not a pvssy, but that was pretty nerve wracking.

Tiatool, I have met and ridden with you several times. I have immense respect for you and took nothing you said personally. I am not dumb enough to believe that bumping this thread wasn’t going to get criticism and some negative responses, several of which have absolute valid points. I have no clue who rides with whom and who is whose buddy, brother or best friend. Brandt, I take it Slowblack is a good friend of yours. You seem like a very genuine guy and I apologize if you took offense. But if a person is riding irresponsibly, wrecks and kills someone’s mother, father, or even worse a kid, where will all this logic and friendship be? On the side of the road assisting?... calling 911?... pulling an infant out of a burning vehicle?... administering CPR?

MH is chock full of drama. People sling mud, accuse, berate, insult, offend, post pics, lie, cheat and steal EVERYDAY. I guess that was my little contribution of dropping and pot stirring. And, oh yeah, (even though I agree with most of his safety concerns) I seriously doubt that I will ever reach Racer X’s level of notoriety! LOL…

cliff notes please
brentonjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #69
Teela
his dirty little secret

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2007 gsxr-600

Brent WTF! when we riding?
Teela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #70
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Do people not get it??

Its simple, there are 2 types of riders-

Ones who respect the laws and others around them

and

Ones who DO NOT respect the laws and others around them

We get it, if you respect the laws and others YOU ARE BETTER THEN THOSE WHO DON'T. You are not going to win an arguement online about this, you can flame and scold but in the end you come out looking like an idiot. So hate all you want

Oh and btw, I see alot of "haters" calling others "haters"... whats up with that?
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.

Last edited by Hooligan; 11-09-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #71
jcat
Banned

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
06 KLX110 Motard
07 KLX110 Motard Project
92 Z50

User is banned

jcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #72
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Hmmmm (Im not a Douchebag just looking at both Valid points)
Carry On!
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #73
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

Well I watched the video - whats the point.
Guess I don't get it.
Looks like all bike where is the skill.
Anyhow seems the fact that riding on the street is a licensed privledge not a right, has been lost on the video, one needs to repect others when on the public roads.
Well at least when the public is present.
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #74
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Hmmmm (Im not a Douchebag just looking at both Valid points)
Carry On!
Sorry Pyro, you now own a Gixxer. You ARE a douchebag by default!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #75
JUANTED

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
You know, what I have noticed is that there's a BIG difference in how we react to disagreements, or other people's opinions, when we post those opinions on the interwebz vs. hanging out with your buddies over a beer in a pool hall or a titty bar.

It seems we all get our panties in a wad when we read something in an internet forum, yet if we were all hanging out like buddies at the bar, we can be saying the same thing, the same way, and at most we may call each other dumbasses, maybe tell each other to F-off... then before you know it, a fresh set of walks by, and we're buying each other another round.

Everyone needs to kill the hate, and stop being so "sensitive", in both directions, especially when it's adolescent HS drama at best.
When I read someone post. I take it like it came out of there mouth so When someone call me a dumb or idioth,I cant help to get a little sensitive. I feel there are some people here that talk out there and call out people but will not do this on a face to face.I dont know how every one else take it but that just me and I mostly talking about racer x and few others.
JUANTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #76
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Sorry Pyro, you now own a Gixxer. You ARE a douchebag by default!
.....Im gonna peel my decals off and replace them with Hondas
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #77
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANTED View Post
When I read someone post. I take it like it came out of there mouth so When someone call me a dumb or idioth,I cant help to get a little sensitive. I feel there are some people here that talk out there and call out people but will not do this on a face to face.I dont know how every one else take it but that just me and I mostly talking about racer x and few others.
I'm the complete opposite. If someone was talking to me in one thread and needed help or assistance or had a question in another link, I wouldn't hesitate to help. This is just a virtual world, anyone can type what they want or feel at the time, even if they're talking out their . Doesn't mean a whole lot unless they are making an actual real world threat, then that's a different story.

If someone was talking to me on here, then I met them on a ride or M/G, I definitely woulndn't hesitate to shake their hand and take a ride with them. There are several people on here that I completely disagree with they way they come off but when you meet them in person, it's a totally different story.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #78
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

who's the 'haters' round here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
what a
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
as much as the OP ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
More than the OP

Not as much as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
this guy here... all he wants is attention and gets his jollies off being a so all you gotta do is learn to ignore him like the rest of us have for the past few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANTED View Post
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 11-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #79
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Man I just dropped a huge poo!

Carry on
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #80
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

that was badass. My heart is a pumpin' now too! I wish i could bring the front up like that! Be careful on the streets though.

all in all, mad skillz breh!

Advertisement