MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #21
hughes40
Staatsfeind Nr. 1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6
2003 Sv650
2003 CBR 600rr
2003 Katana -pos
Mongoose Circa 87

Send a message via MSN to hughes40 Send a message via Yahoo to hughes40 Send a message via Skype™ to hughes40
what is it with noobs getting hurt, driver ure fking age dammit!
Cypress Area Bike Night!!! Scarlet Events, Meets and Rides 30 04-10-2014 12:33 PM
anyone wreck their bike on pech and westview last night? Din General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 03-10-2008 03:02 PM
Bike/Car accident 45 @ Bay Area, Keep your eyes open out there. Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 05-26-2007 01:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #22
Old Wrench 997
Grumpy Old Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1989 GL1500I FJ1100/GS750/CBX/VFR700F all in the past :(

When I was young and stupid I'd do my speed blasts on streets with few or no cross streets for the run.

When you ride, you have to get into the head of the cagers so you KNOW what they are gonna do. I've looked drivers right in the eye and STILL had 'em pull out!

Dang! I never knew I was a terrorist until Janet said so!
Old Wrench 997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #23
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I used to think the same thing, those f*cking cars always pulling out in front of riders.

But then last night i was riding out of my complex from Park Row on to Hwy 6. I was taking it slow pulling up to make a right at Hwy 6 and the light was red, but there were no cars coming from my left, they all had a red too. I hear a sport bike gunning up from behind me.

F*ck him, I aint running this light just cause he's in a hurry. I aint being a tho, I slow down enough, then start to take my right turn and the f*cker just shoots past me on the inside. He has a female passenger too. He guns it down Hwy 6 to I-10 (about a block away) and the light at I-10 is yellow and there are several cars stopping. This *sshole accelerates more and swerves around a couple of cars just to make it through, then guns the yellow light under the freeway at the other side on the feeder and makes a left.

In an instant, I'm thinking to myself, t I hope there aint no cars coming that don't see him. But after sitting at the light for a while, it dawns on me that if a car had hit him, he'd be at fault (and probably deserved it) for being Mr Cool Fonzie Macho Badass. Of course, we'd all be reading a post about him and his passenger right now, cursing the driver that didnt see him and blessing them and their family etc, etc...

I'm not wishing any bad juice on anyone, but if you're driving like an accident waiting to happen, don't be surprised when one DOES happen.

Back to the thread, I really hope this guy and his pals learn not to race where there are too many other variables involved, and he makes a good recovery.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #24
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

This truly sucks that the rider's immaturity has caused a life changing event to happen to him. He's on a long road to recovery and rehabilitation.
Racing is for the track! Wear the proper gear and most of all, Use your head for thinking and not just a place to rest your helmet.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #25
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

I hate bay area ... the road it's self is crapy and bumpy ... then there are all those buisness on the side where cars just come zipping in and out ... I avoid it as much as I can
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #26
WhoDoIThinkIAm
Banned

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Bimota Tesi 2D,
2006 GSXR1000,
2004 Honda CRF450,
2004 Honda CRF150,
Vintage DKW

User is banned

WhoDoIThinkIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #27
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I used to think the same thing, those f*cking cars always pulling out in front of riders.

But then last night i was riding out of my complex from Park Row on to Hwy 6. I was taking it slow pulling up to make a right at Hwy 6 and the light was red, but there were no cars coming from my left, they all had a red too. I hear a sport bike gunning up from behind me.

F*ck him, I aint running this light just cause he's in a hurry. I aint being a tho, I slow down enough, then start to take my right turn and the f*cker just shoots past me on the inside. He has a female passenger too. He guns it down Hwy 6 to I-10 (about a block away) and the light at I-10 is yellow and there are several cars stopping. This *sshole accelerates more and swerves around a couple of cars just to make it through, then guns the yellow light under the freeway at the other side on the feeder and makes a left.

In an instant, I'm thinking to myself, t I hope there aint no cars coming that don't see him. But after sitting at the light for a while, it dawns on me that if a car had hit him, he'd be at fault (and probably deserved it) for being Mr Cool Fonzie Macho Badass. Of course, we'd all be reading a post about him and his passenger right now, cursing the driver that didnt see him and blessing them and their family etc, etc...

I'm not wishing any bad juice on anyone, but if you're driving like an accident waiting to happen, don't be surprised when one DOES happen.

Back to the thread, I really hope this guy and his pals learn not to race where there are too many other variables involved, and he makes a good recovery.

What a dumbass!! That guy is asking for it. I know the area very well use to live over there.
M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #28
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Eh I raced down bay area when I was younger. We did it all the time close to UHCL. We were young...had quick cars...and had nothing but time and money in our hands.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #29
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDoIThinkIAm View Post
What's his screen name?
No clue, but she had a black leather jacket with white and pink outline letters.
Both had helmets.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #30
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
your right armor can help, but your BRAIN if you had one to start with, would keep you from going 80 down a busy street racing.. so you wouldnt have to see how affect your CE armor was.... correct?
Gear is always a good idea! The thinker between your ears will keep you out of using it if you have any sort of common sense.

80mph down Bay Area is a bad idea at anytime! This intersection is within walking distance from my house. The way the road curves right there makes it hard for people at the intersection to see anyone coming especially at that speed! And yes, that Valero is a hang out for cops. Almost everytime i pass that Valero, there is a couple of them posted up in there taking radar.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement