MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #21
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingCOOPA View Post
ok this guy is selling a 06 gs500 for only 2k i talked him down to 1500 very easily but the fishy thing is he dont have to title but says its coming just waiting for the state but i was curious how long does it take to get the title.... but they dont have keys to the bike so how hard is it to get new keys for the bike also and how expensive.... i wont buy the bike without the title but 1500 for a 06 500 is a steal in my opinion
I saw the same ad and went to look at it.

It has been laid down HARD on both sides - multiple times I would say. Handlebars are bent on right side, frame has a crease on the left side, right-side engine cover torn up, left-side foot peg is bent, there may be transmission damage as I couldn't shift it more than three steps but maybe you can't anyway without the engine running on that model(?), every piece of the plastic is broken at some point (either tab or large cracks). Left-side lower fairing had been replaced but doesn't have left-side stickers - AND it has been laid down on the left side since that was replaced. The oil-cooler was also trashed. Brakes looked good and wheels looked straight - mild rot on the tires but tread left.

Still I offered $800 figuring if I tore it down and couldn't get it running that I could make my money back on the good parts. He balked and said that he had someone who had offered $1300 - so I told him good luck with that sale and left.

On the title thing - I did believe him that you will get a clean clear blue Texas title. When a storage company repos a vehicle it has to go through a long legal process to get this so they can resell it. And being that it is a business who also sells cars I doubt they would be looking for any trouble on the title end of things.

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help Asap RojerLockless General Discussion (Moto Related) 172 01-09-2010 08:58 PM
i need help asap flyininja Off Topic 6 05-15-2009 11:01 AM
NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!!!! CUSTOM ZX-14 Off Topic 15 05-06-2009 09:05 PM
I need help ASAP... TnTEntR1 Off Topic 12 04-09-2009 08:25 AM
Need Help ASAP Brena23 Off Topic 6 12-23-2006 07:14 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

BTW I saw it yesterday and as of this morning he still had it....

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #23
JRxGRUBZx

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

save up your money and get something worth buying
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #24
kingCOOPA
supper NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightlord View Post
i know it is alot of BS and might be a little bit of a hassle but for he price if it is legit i would do it. but do be safe and run the vin and get copies of the lean he had to put on the bike to aquire it..
what exactly is a lean i never bought anything used my car is used but my dad did all that when i was like 17
kingCOOPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #25
kingCOOPA
supper NOOB

i got a idea lets start a motohouston charity fund for me lol!!! i wont be getting no income till december when school is on break since im a full-time student..... and college aint cheap... but if wat guru said is true then im def. not getting that bike...
Old 10-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #26
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
ok this guy is selling a 06 gs500 for only 2k i talked him down to 1500 very easily but the fishy thing is he dont have to title but says its coming just waiting for the state but i was curious how long does it take to get the title.... but they dont have keys to the bike so how hard is it to get new keys for the bike also and how expensive.... i wont buy the bike without the title but 1500 for a 06 500 is a steal in my opinion
You're right, it is a STEAL.

Good luck and be careful... You can start here:
http://www.license-plate-search.org/...FQNaFQodpXNOEQ
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #27
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
what exactly is a lean i never bought anything used my car is used but my dad did all that when i was like 17
I think this is what he meant...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lien
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #28
kingCOOPA
supper NOOB

i dont think the bike has a license plate on it or you cant see it in the pic...
Old 10-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #29
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
i dont think the bike has a license plate on it or you cant see it in the pic...
There is no plate.

Read my observations or go look at it yourself before you waste anymore time on this deal.

I am pretty certain that the title will not be an issue here but certainly could be with a private seller and everyone has made some good points on it.

The real question here is: Do you have the time, energy, space and money to mess with a bike in this condition? or would you rather have something that actually runs and is ready to ride when you buy it?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #30
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
There is no plate.

Read my observations or go look at it yourself before you waste anymore time on this deal.

I am pretty certain that the title will not be an issue here but certainly could be with a private seller and everyone has made some good points on it.

The real question here is: Do you have the time, energy, space and money to mess with a bike in this condition? or would you rather have something that actually runs and is ready to ride when you buy it?
BTW All liens would be cleared by a storage repo title.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #31
kingCOOPA
supper NOOB

yea i was thinking of going to look at it tomorrow but prob. wont.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #32
kingCOOPA
supper NOOB

eh i just found a 01 yzf for 2300 but no dang contact info
Old 10-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #33
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
eh i just found a 01 yzf for 2300 but no dang contact info
That is a scam - any CL ad that doesn't post a phone number is almost certainly a scam. You can check by emailing them and asking for a phone number. If there is not a separate email in the ad use the CL email.

Scammers won't give you a phone number.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #34
kingCOOPA
supper NOOB

thats what im thinking i posted a scam earlyer today also. But hey maybe he is just a idiot who knows!
Old 10-03-2008, 12:16 AM   #35
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
maybe i should just get a loan and buy from a dealer
Thing is, make sure you still cover all the bases before you settle in for the buy. If it sounds or feels fishy, most of the time it is!
It's not really a hassle to do extra work to make sure you don't get f*cked in the end from either an individual or dealer.

Remember, it's your money! It's getting harder to come by each year

Advertisement