MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
moduleum

Feedback Rating: (0)

Need new chain and sprockets

I have a 76 Honda (K6) CB750 and I want to replace the chain and sprockets.

I have no idea when the chain was last replaced and I want to change the sprocket combination anyway.

The stock setup is an 18:48, 104 link, 530 Chain. I want to replace it with a 18:42 setup and the same 530 style chain so I can drop the RPM's and eliminate some of the "buzz" at highway speeds.

Is there somewhere in Houston that I can get these items? I'd like to buy locally; somewhere that is open on Saturday would be best.
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best chain, and sprockets??? CraigRR Performance and Modifications 15 06-03-2013 09:52 AM
chain and sprockets cbrmonkey Performance and Modifications 8 06-09-2012 06:46 PM
new chain and sprockets kraka_jdm General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 03-04-2011 07:31 PM
Chain and Sprockets TeXasGiXXer General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 12-15-2008 02:31 PM
chain and sprockets tru_pimp How To's and Q & A's 16 03-23-2008 08:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
4x4 AG

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
ZX6R - sold
200cc minibike -sold
1986 TRX125
1986 TRX250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by moduleum View Post
I have a 76 Honda (K6) CB750 and I want to replace the chain and sprockets.

I have no idea when the chain was last replaced and I want to change the sprocket combination anyway.

The stock setup is an 18:48, 104 link, 530 Chain. I want to replace it with a 18:42 setup and the same 530 style chain so I can drop the RPM's and eliminate some of the "buzz" at highway speeds.

Is there somewhere in Houston that I can get these items? I'd like to buy locally; somewhere that is open on Saturday would be best.
You try Motorcycles Unlimited? I use them as well as most of the people on here. If they don't have it in stock, they can usually get it in a day or so.

Give them a call....
4x4 AG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
By changing the rear sprocket you may need to pull some links out of the chain. The circumference of the front sprocket isn't effected very much when raising/lowering teeth. See if you can go up on in the front instead.

You'll gain some top end speed/rpm but the overall power 'feel' will be reduced due to down-torquing the output inthe final drive assembly.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
moduleum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 AG View Post
You try Motorcycles Unlimited? I use them as well as most of the people on here. If they don't have it in stock, they can usually get it in a day or so.

Give them a call....
Thanks a lot. I'll definitely see what they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
By changing the rear sprocket you may need to pull some links out of the chain. The circumference of the front sprocket isn't effected very much when raising/lowering teeth. See if you can go up on in the front instead.

You'll gain some top end speed/rpm but the overall power 'feel' will be reduced due to down-torquing the output inthe final drive assembly.
Yeah, I know I'll lose some off-the-line torque, but I think I can live with it. The buzz at 70mph on a 32 yr old bike is just too much. I think dropping from the stock 18:48 to an 18:42 will drop me about 500 RPM's at 70. I'll confirm with the above mentioned Vendor though. Thanks.
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement