Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
bigbrian

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
gsxr 750, F4i, ttr 225

Send a message via AIM to bigbrian
Disorderly Conduct - Noise ?!?

Ok so back in April I got a Yoshimura slip on exhaust from Motorcycles Unlimited... That night I went to the movie theatre in The Woodlands and on the way out of parking garage I revved up my engine probably 5-10 times. (it sounded pretty loud in the parking garage.) As soon as I pull out of the garage i get pulled over by a cop who was sitting outside. he wrote me a ticket that said "disorderly conduct - noise". So im like ok, i take the ticket and don't think it is a big deal... but when i go to the courthouse to pay ticket, they wanted to charge me $315!!!! i was a 17 year old who worked at the mall at that time so $315 is a lot! So I told the lady at the desk I didn't have that kind of money and that was rediculous... so long story short i have court tommorow and I have no idea what to expect or what to say. I have definately never been to court before. Any tips on what to say or what it is gonna be like.

Thanks a lot,

Brian
bigbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
noise violation/disorderly conduct...? triumphant675r Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 13 10-21-2010 01:04 AM
Helmet Noise AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 11-19-2008 04:51 PM
Bad noise gtdrivr General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-29-2008 05:52 AM
Noise Ramius Performance and Modifications 8 04-27-2007 10:24 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
watch your . what ever the you do...and listen to me...

DO NOT TAKE PROBATION! it is a trap. you need to tell the judge you are willing to do one of two things. either make payments, or go to jail. if i were you. i would choose jail. if you think you can make the payments, just plead guilty. they will work with you and let you pay it off somewhat.

probation is a trap. 1st off, taking probabtion does not save you any money. you ussually have to pay the fines anyways, plus court costs, plus probation fees, you get the idea. they make you feel like its a way out, but its not, things just get worse. they will say that the terms of your probation means you cant get a ticket for at least 3-6 months. oh, and guess who is going to be just *itching* to give you a ticket...that cop that knows right where you live. you see, they are trying to get ya!

that, dude. tell the judge you want to sit out the time. it will seem rediculous to the judge. he is going to feel like an to have you sit behind bars for revving your engine, but tell him your freaking poor, and dont know how you could ever pay off a fine.

the judges real job is to turn tickets that police issue, into incoming funds (i.e. your fines) for the officers and courts. if he really beleives you have no money, you are worthless to him. he will ask if you can pay anything. anything at all. tell him you struggle to afford to eat ramen, act all embarassed about it.

if he thinks you can even pay $100 a month, he is going to want to screw you hard. and not just for a while. he is going to want to leech that $100 a month from you for as long as possible. he will "offer" you the trap of probabtion, hoping you will violate it, which means another ticket, more fines, and so on. REFUSE PROBATION. TRUST ME, A COUPLE NIGHTS IN JAIL IS WAYYY BETTER IN THE LONG RUN, LIKE YOU JUST DONT KNOW.

i see worst case as you spending a couple days in jail. most likely, itll be overnight and they will be like "ok this is dumb to keep this kid here for this", and you will get time served.

if your hella scared of jail. just plead guilty and pay the fine. make payments if you have to. again PROBATION IS THE ANTI-CHRIST! dont let em sucker you!

p.s. dont lie either. these dudes can tell if your even thinking about lying. think ahead of time of why you dont hav the cash, what things you pay for. he will want to squeeze anything out of you, but you need to honestly show him your a broke . again, if your really not that poor, just plead guilty and make payments

*disclaimer: i will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong, ie, you get sent to jail for life, or if you drop the soap the one night you are there. however, i have been through this, and this is the best advice i can give. im no lawyer, ive just been there, and regretted making the wrong decisions.

Last edited by Chris24; 11-20-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
UrMyStlkAl

Bike(s):
93 CBR F2 600

Send a message via AIM to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via MSN to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via Yahoo to UrMyStlkAl
dude I've been on probation twice. Once for 6 months and another for 1 month, or 3 months or something. It's not that big of a deal. If you take the probation it doesn't go on ur record unless you get another ticket during that probation time. Now if you plead guilty like he's saying then it will be on ur record and ur insurance will be higher and you'll paying more than the ticket thru that anyway.
UrMyStlkAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
Din

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

hire a lawyer.
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:07 PM   #5
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
hire a lawyer.
+1

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
wreckerwally

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris24
watch your . what ever the you do...and listen to me...

DO NOT TAKE PROBATION! it is a trap. you need to tell the judge you are willing to do one of two things. either make payments, or go to jail. if i were you. i would choose jail. if you think you can make the payments, just plead guilty. they will work with you and let you pay it off somewhat.

Dude this is a different type of probabtion. You are thinking of something a little more serious. I took deferred adjudication before for a ticket and all I had to pay court cost. No biggie. He is not going to court for theft or reckless driving.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #7
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
COMMUNITY SERVICE HAHAHA....
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:38 PM   #8
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

DENY that it was you. If he didn't SEE you do it how does he know that it was you. He would have to have seen you at the time you were doing it. Not just ASSUMED it was u cus u came out of the parking garage.

If he lost sight of you then it coulda been another bike all together
Coulda been the other bike parked next to you that didn't leave the garage.
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:55 PM   #9
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
hire a lawyer.
+2 dude any lawyer can get you out of this its not a big deal..

Also to the guy who said its going to go on your record and your insurence is going to go up... Theres no truth in that at all only way your insurence goes up is if its a moving violation i.e. speeding,no blinker,excessive accleration blah blah blah....

My advise pay a lawyer 100-200 bucks and get it taken care of w/o even having to go court the lawer goes for you. I have had in excess of 20 tickets( yes its true and please no flaming) 2 are on my wrecord the 2 i didnt use a lawyer....

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:01 PM   #10
bigbrian

Bike(s):
gsxr 750, F4i, ttr 225

Send a message via AIM to bigbrian
Well I went to court today and they dismissed the charges... The lady was like, "are you serious, thats a bogus charge." So I'm pretty glad I didnt pay for a lawyer and Im really glad I decided to fight it rather than pay the $315.
bigbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:32 PM   #11
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian
Well I went to court today and they dismissed the charges... The lady was like, "are you serious, thats a bogus charge." So I'm pretty glad I didnt pay for a lawyer and Im really glad I decided to fight it rather than pay the $315.
cool. even for speeding tickets, if u don't want to get a lawyer, which costs between $100-$200 fight the ticket.
also have heard that if u fight it, and you will lose, then after, u APPEAL that verdict. it then goes into like a county court or wherever, after several months you will get a letter with the dismissal and your money returned.
they throw it out cus with all the other stuff they have going on they don't have time to deal with a stupid traffic ticket.
just my 02 tho
michael
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:45 PM   #12
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
I have had in excess of 20 tickets...

20 tickets and your only 19? lol learn to drive :newbie:
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:30 AM   #13
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

ive had more than bs..... and im 21 but im down to 1 ticket and 1 wreck on my record

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement