Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

question about for sale section

would it be possible to make a rule to post pics instead of the seller being lazy and saying "email for pics" or "check craigslist" or "come by and see it"? if its too much trouble to take a snap shot how the do they figure its more convenient for anyone to drive to their house, especially if they live on the other side of houston?
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS section question Dr Strangelove Forum Updates & Feedback 6 08-10-2010 01:24 PM
Comment / Question Regarding For Sale Section cdill35 Forum Updates & Feedback 18 11-24-2008 09:12 PM
The For Sale Section PETE Forum Updates & Feedback 20 04-08-2008 11:30 PM
For Sale Section. Can We Not?.... Mr. Unassailable Forum Updates & Feedback 31 05-23-2007 04:02 PM
For Sale section KalmarJoe Forum Updates & Feedback 27 01-07-2006 02:13 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

if they dont have pics, dont buy it... if you really want it you'll go see it, if they really wanna sell it, they will get pics. plain and simple.

some people dont have access to a camera nor know how do do stuff.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

It is a rule, unfortunately a good bit of the for sale rules are still overlooked by many of the members. It's understandable for generic items, but it's when bikes and other big ticket items get posted with minimal info that drive me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by For Sale Rules
6.)In your post please provide:
_____ a.Obvious title stating what you are selling (Do not use ALL CAPS)
_____b.An asking price (required)
_____c.Pictures of your item (if you need help please consult the forum’s “How-to’s” under News and Feedback
_____d.An alternate source of contact if possible (IE: Phone #, email)
Every now and then I run across a thread with a link to a CL ad and when I do I'll go ahead and copy/paste it into their thread but I'm not able to look at every thread. Best thing to do is just not buy it, even if it is a good price, maybe they'll learn that way . The way I see it, if someone doesn't feel it's important enough to make a good decent thread, then I don't need it that bad.

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:02 AM   #4
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
if they dont have pics, dont buy it... if you really want it you'll go see it, if they really wanna sell it, they will get pics. plain and simple.

some people dont have access to a camera nor know how do do stuff.
posting pics is NOT that much to ask for something they want to sell.

plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
It is a rule, unfortunately a good bit of the for sale rules are still overlooked by many of the members. It's understandable for generic items, but it's when bikes and other big ticket items get posted with minimal info that drive me nuts.

Every now and then I run across a thread with a link to a CL ad and when I do I'll go ahead and copy/paste it into their thread but I'm not able to look at every thread. Best thing to do is just not buy it, even if it is a good price, maybe they'll learn that way . The way I see it, if someone doesn't feel it's important enough to make a good decent thread, then I don't need it that bad.

~Keith
i must've over looked that part. but ya, its the big ticket items im talking about like cars, bikes, etc. if theres a LINK to CL with pics thats cool, but ive seen them "go look at craigslist".
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
lazy sellers....weak.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:08 AM   #6
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
i must've over looked that part. but ya, its the big ticket items im talking about like cars, bikes, etc. if theres a LINK to CL with pics thats cool, but ive seen them "go look at craigslist".
Even then, if they have the time to post it on CL, they have the time to copy and paste it onto here. I clicked the ad to see the product, not to be redirected somewhere else.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement