Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #21
LSTD Mob Cappo
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
^^^ thanks for the tires bro

and as for riding that turn, ima be more careful around it, because i didn't feel that i was REALLY to hard on the gas out of it, but hey who knows, ill just watch my back.

like tom said, he slid all the way around, i wish that happened to me, i should have just tried to spin it out and slide but it happens so fast you dont have time to really act on that.
I don't know if my training had anything to do with it, but one of the things that Keith Code teaches is to stay on the gas when you're spinning up. Most of the time, the bike will correct itself since it "wants" to stay up due to the laws of physics.

More likely, I was just lucky (even though I didn't feel lucky after the crash!).

What I've done in that corner, and perhaps it's cost me some time and I know it's cost me positions in a race before, is that I don't get on the gas as hard there any more, and I don't slam the bike over as hard to gain position on the next racer. I don't think I'm spooked in that corner, just not as aggressive any more.
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote