MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #21
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

crappy thing about msrh, is that as a corner worker, there is only one decet spot to take shots from, the carousel, and people are going fast thru there so for most its hard to get good shots, and you arent allowed to get close enough to the action....
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ridesmart TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5-27-13 Roll Call RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 22 05-24-2013 11:21 AM
Ridesmart Video TWS (Texas World Speedway) 9-27-08 cdill35 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-26-2008 07:23 PM
couple pics from 9-27-08 TWS (Texas World Speedway) ridesmart slowblack05 Taking it to the Track 21 10-03-2008 07:34 AM
RideSmart TWS (Texas World Speedway) 9/27 Roll Call mike Ridesmart Motorcycle School 32 09-26-2008 01:42 PM
RideSmart TWS (Texas World Speedway) First Timer Sat. 9/27 jsg1206 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 14 09-18-2008 03:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #22
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
crappy thing about msrh, is that as a corner worker, there is only one decet spot to take shots from, the carousel, and people are going fast thru there so for most its hard to get good shots, and you arent allowed to get close enough to the action....

That is why I got a super zoom. Also, lots of practice getting people going fast at Indy... Those guys were smokin. I hear ya though. Maybe I will just go down there on my own, and get people on the front straight and turns 1 and 2. I like the double deal of getting a free trackday out of snapping pics and making people happy. Also it's fun working a corner, but not fun pulling people out of the gravel. I know the feeling of being "that guy"
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #23
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

[QUOTE=tiatool;1460669]Thanks Mel! Here are some of my favorites of the people I don't know. Except for Nelson he is on the Busa...
Cornerworkafternoon517

hey that's me. Nice shot man. You take great picks! To bad I wasn't dragging my knee that time. Heck I didn't even look like I was trying that hard since I'm usually lower on the tank and off the side more when trying to go fast. Oh well maybe next time.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #24
slowblack05
please

Experience: 1-3 months

well doug got a few good shots of me, and he got most of my highside..well the sliding part afterward on you can see them on 9-27-08 level 4 AM im going to buy prints and frame them like a slideshow...lol
Old 09-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #25
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #26
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
well doug got a few good shots of me, and he got most of my highside..well the sliding part afterward on you can see them on 9-27-08 level 4 AM im going to buy prints and frame them like a slideshow...lol
oh man I saw you standing there after the crash. I think I was a few corners back when you went down. I was late to get on the track during that session. Glad you were ok. I kept going slow thru 10 and 11 during the yellow flag cause I wasn't sure if there was oil or something that caused the get off and plus I didn't want to be the one asshat that goes sliding up into you during a yellow. Not a good way to meet someone. Also someone else went off in turn 6 during the same session and they thru the red flag for that one. At least all was fine.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #27
slowblack05
please

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
oh man I saw you standing there after the crash. I think I was a few corners back when you went down. I was late to get on the track during that session. Glad you were ok. I kept going slow thru 10 and 11 during the yellow flag cause I wasn't sure if there was oil or something that caused the get off and plus I didn't want to be the one asshat that goes sliding up into you during a yellow. Not a good way to meet someone. Also someone else went off in turn 6 during the same session and they thru the red flag for that one. At least all was fine.
lol thanks! yea, i was like aw , all i need is someone else to go down and slide into me!!!! haha
but ya i jumped right up thank goodness, however turn 6 guy had to be hospitalized from what i heard, hope he made out alright.

it was only about 5-6 laps in the second or 3rd session of level 4.
i really dont start pushing till after lunch, but its all good, new bike and still getting the feel of it, part of the game, ill be back out soon!

Advertisement