MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
And the Repsol Seat goes to...... Dovizio

It's about time the 22 year old got on a competitive bike! I think he's just as good as Jorge Lorenzo, and probably had a better chance in placing ahead of both Pedrosa and Lorenzo for 2008 if he had been on a powerful-well-setup bike like the Repsol.

Glad he finally got his shot, after being loyal to Honda in the 125cc and 250cc.

2009 should be REALLY interesting! Oh and it'll be the "demise" year for the Ducatis... You heard it here first...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
repsol room ALLWAYS12 General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 05-06-2011 11:07 PM
08 Repsol and older Repsol 1000 on 59n to 45 S darktoy02 Off Topic 19 10-16-2009 08:30 AM
Repsol Down gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 10-29-2008 10:30 PM
repsol? H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 09-05-2008 06:18 PM
Repsol... Btrthnezr3 General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 04-25-2006 11:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
It's about time the 22 year old got on a competitive bike! I think he's just as good as Jorge Lorenzo, and probably had a better chance in placing ahead of both Pedrosa and Lorenzo for 2008 if he had been on a powerful-well-setup bike like the Repsol.

Glad he finally got his shot, after being loyal to Honda in the 125cc and 250cc.

2009 should be REALLY interesting! Oh and it'll be the "demise" year for the Ducatis... You heard it here first...
Great on Dovi, nah on the ducs, wait till we bring our CF frame we will fly just don't crash cause is done lol
Old 09-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Great on Dovi, nah on the ducs, wait till we bring our CF frame we will fly just don't crash cause is done lol
Do YOU really think Hayden and Stoner will be able to beat the duos of

1) Rossi & Lorenzo

&

2) Pedrosa & Dovizio

I'm not sure if you realize but with a spec tire, 2009 is going to be all about a "manufacturer" fight. We all know Rossi can win on an underpowered bike, we all know nobody knew Stoner while he was on a satelite bike, and WE all know how much Hayden whined with the Repsol - you really think he's going to get the Duc on podium?

Flame me all you want - but I think its going to Yamaha followed by Repsol followed by Ducati next year, and yes its waaay too early to predict!

I still you AlRoVA! and hey I'll even get a Ducati the day they make an inline one that looks like a 749s or 999s.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:

100% with you on this one except the Duc Demise bit
IMO Dovi is better than Lorenzo and I think will prove to be better than Danny given the right tyres.
Time will tell.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
if reports already coming out are to be believed, the Ducati CF framed bike is to be feared
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
I'm not sure if you realize but with a spec tire, 2009 is going to be all about a "manufacturer" fight. We all know Rossi can win on an underpowered bike, we all know nobody knew Stoner while he was on a satelite bike, and WE all know how much Hayden whined with the Repsol - you really think he's going to get the Duc on podium?
You do realize that the Repsol Honda team is about 4 years behind Ducati in tire development and testing... right?

Rossi is motorcycling freak... I HIGHLY doubt Pedrosa or Dovi will be able to come close to adapting to Bridgestones as quickly as Rossi did.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

We will see what we will see.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #8
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

HRC, Dovi and Dany will be fighting each other so we all know they will not play good team mates and my bet is on dovi being the better rider but dani being the hrc choice that can play bad for them.

Rossi we all know he is the big Chit so unless his yammy sucks we can't touch him, lorenzo is great when winning but put rivals on his same level and he crashes under pressure because he was used to dominate, once he learns how to overcome that he is not numero uno then he will be tough to beat

Nicky always talk good about stoner so i hope they play good team mates and help each other to beat rossi cause they can beat any other rider out there.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
hey I'll even get a Ducati the day they make an inline one that looks like a 749s or 999s.
How about the looks of a 749 with a 1098 motor, that is a project that a fiend and me are thinking about, i may put my bike for that.

Too much to do and no time to work on it.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #10
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
How about the looks of a 749 with a 1098 motor, that is a project that a fiend and me are thinking about, i may put my bike for that.

Too much to do and no time to work on it.
Or how about your 749 with my old R6 race engine?

Now that would be worth it right? Then we'd both agree on the Duc Vs Yam fight!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
lorenzo is great when winning but put rivals on his same level and he crashes under pressure because he was used to dominate, once he learns how to overcome that he is not numero uno then he will be tough to beat
I think he is still trying to ride the M1 like a 250... He will be the next Champion.
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
I think he is still trying to ride the M1 like a 250... He will be the next Champion.
Yep, I am putting my money in Lorenzo for next year.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #13
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
HRC, Dovi and Dany will be fighting each other so we all know they will not play good team mates and my bet is on dovi being the better rider but dani being the hrc choice that can play bad for them.

Rossi we all know he is the big Chit so unless his yammy sucks we can't touch him, lorenzo is great when winning but put rivals on his same level and he crashes under pressure because he was used to dominate, once he learns how to overcome that he is not numero uno then he will be tough to beat

Nicky always talk good about stoner so i hope they play good team mates and help each other to beat rossi cause they can beat any other rider out there.
+1
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #14
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
Yep, I am putting my money in Lorenzo for next year.
Its not going to happen.....

From the new breed (Pedrosa/Lorenzo/Dovizio/Stoner....) - let me say there are no "RoSsiS". I do however think Dovizio and Pedrosa have the best chance of being a "CapiRossi", as in consistent and always up there, but never really winning it.

I think Lorenzo will be like Troy Baylis or Sete G. when they used to either win it or crash it....

Stoner I think will be more like Biaggi...well actually he already is living it

Again - I think 2009 will be about the manufacturers...but i think going spec specially with 5-6 riders that are used to winning it and not willing to back off, the 2009 GP races will be the best to come

Old 09-27-2008, 08:34 AM   #15
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:

+2

I can SOOOO see that happening...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:44 AM   #16
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Stoner I think will be more like Biaggi...well actually he already is living it
The last few races are going to really tell alot about Stoner's real grit... if he posts 4 solid results then I can see him continuing as a major title contender (he already is).

The big thing up in the air is weather he'll have to adjust to Michelin's next year. Rumors state that there is virtually no chance of a one tire rule for next year with Ducati actually signing on with Michelin. Michelin would then make them the uber number responsibility in the paddock... the way that Bridgestone treated Ducati the past fwe years before Rossi came over and took the #1 spot!

Advertisement