MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2005, 12:06 AM   #61
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
ya... some cops suck..., but i still got mad respect for most of them.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just got out of jail arturo3rd Off Topic 39 08-03-2011 11:21 AM
Monday Ride (PP2) - Continuation of the monday ride thread below. TrevorC Events, Meets and Rides 12 06-30-2009 01:22 PM
jail sucks... JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 240 12-01-2008 12:23 PM
Is someone in jail...... Japawhat02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 03-18-2008 06:58 AM
MONDAY, MODAY, MONDAY dokoliday Events, Meets and Rides 3 08-22-2005 01:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2005, 12:12 AM   #62
tahitianprincess
Motorcyclegirl

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ninja 250 06
nxt will be Kawi ZX-10R

Well it seems to me that it is a total miss understanding....how can a cop make up a story like that...
If you ever get a fair trial this should be analysed a little dont you think...?
I mean come on dont they have to dispatch other cop for a pursuit or didnt he call anyone else...someone must know something ....your lawyer or ..... need to find the thread (so to speak...) and neat it....
tahitianprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:18 AM   #63
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

the officer called for assistance after he pulled us over in the neighborhood, and needed to impound our bikes..

some good reading:

What Is Deferred Adjudication?
Deferred Adjudication is a plea bargain agreement between a defendant, and a Texas Criminal Court in which formal judgment is withheld or "deferred" pending the outcome of the probation period. If an individual is given deferred adjudication and he or she successfully completes the probation and conditions assigned by the court, the charges are dismissed. In order to obtain DA from the court, the defendant MUST either enter a plea of "guilty" or a plea of "no contest". Essentially, both pleas mean the same thing; with the exception being that a plea of "no contest" has certain advantages as far as protecting the defendant against any subsequent civil litigation proceedings related to the original crime he/she was originally charged with.

Even though a successfully completed deferred adjudication will ultimately result in charges being dismissed by the criminal court, it is extremely important to take note of the fact that two very important records will remain in existence... and will be viewable by the general public... for the rest of that person's life. These two records are:

(1) The original arrest record which contains the arresting officers notes, reports, etc. This arrest record will also usually contain police investigator's notes, photographs, confessions, or any other evidence seized or testimony taken during an arrest
(2) The record of the action of the court. This document is usually the order of probation that you, the defendant signed in order to qualify for deferred adjudication. This paper, with your signature on it, also contains your plea of guilty or "nolo contendere" (no contest).

Why IS DA So Bad For The Individual?
As defined by Texas law, deferred adjudication is NOT a conviction. The Code of Criminal Procedure (Article 42.12) is quoted to defendants, which states that deferred Adjudication,successfully completed, would not be "deemed a conviction for the purposes of disqualifications or disabilities imposed by law for conviction of an offense". Even though DA is not a conviction, employers, banks and lending institutions, insurance companies, schools, school districts, apartment leasing managers, law enforcement agencies, volunteer agencies, etc, etc, ALL treat DA as if it were a conviction. Even though DA is not a conviction, and even though his/her charges has been dismissed with a final court disposition stating "NO FINAL CONVICTION" as well as "NO FINDING OF GUILT", the person is treated by society as a whole as if he/she had actually been convicted! These people suffer emotional distress every time the question comes up, "have you ever been convicted of a crime by a trial court, a plea of no contest, or a plea of guilt". The mental and emotional damages from being labeled a CONVICT is terribly debilitating. Most people would agree, that had they been made aware of the enormous consequences of Deferred Adjudication, they would have never agreed to it. Many judges would say that these are just COLLATERAL CONSEQUENCES, but the truth is, thousands of people across Texas have made INVOLUNTARY PLEA BARGAINS under mental duress due to lack of financial resources to pay for adequate legal assistance!

Perhaps most debilitating of all is the fact that in the state of Texas, any individual who has EVER taken deferred adjudication for ANY offense other than a Class C Misdemeanor can NEVER get his/her criminal record expunged according to TEXAS CRIMINAL CODE Section 55.01 and 55.02
Old 11-19-2005, 12:26 AM   #64
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

PETITION FOR NON-DISCLOSURE

If you have successfully completed deferred adjudication, you may be eligible for a petition for non-disclosure. It is important to note that completion of deferred adjudication does not automatically seal your record; you must file a petition of non-disclosure to seal the record.

If you completed deferred adjudication for a felony, five (5) years from the date of the discharge must elapse before a petition for non-disclosure can be filed. For most misdemeanors, you can file immediately after completing the deferred adjudication. However, for some misdemeanors, you must wait two (2) years after the date of discharge before seeking a petition for non-disclosure.

Misdemeanors that require a two-year waiting period include assault, deadly conduct, disorderly conduct, and unlawfully carrying a weapon.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:43 PM   #65
JenR6

Bike(s):
'05 R6 blue

that sucks... sorry man..
JenR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:32 PM   #66
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

think ima go to trial... u guys have allowed me to grow some nads...

thanks to all who helped and who sympathize.

fat trey
Old 11-20-2005, 12:24 AM   #67
ducksps

Member Garage

Do not take Deffered Adjudication

http://www.deferredadjudication.org/

I took deferred for a felony which was dismissed early, with exceptional public service and kissing. I spent years having this issue resolved with ongoing issues attaining my class three firearms license. Expuntion is not an option with deferred in the present scheme of court precedence.

The misdemeanor is nothing compared to the implied felony left with pleading guity to a felony which must be done to recieve the deferred sentence. Read the stories at the above link and be warned.

Chris
Old 11-20-2005, 02:36 AM   #68
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

basically i have these details on my side:

If we were to go to trial, i have 3 witnesses, each possessing testimonial evidence that the officer flipped his lights on, just to go around the traffic at the light, then upon entering the neighborhood, deactivated them.

also we have the fact that we did indeed pull over in the neighborhood when we saw activated lights. if we were evading how did we manage to pull over when we saw him?

my witnesses were behind us the whole time, they have testimonial evidence that we were not racing. just the fact that 2 motorcycles are riding next to each other with almost no-one on the road, is not a reason for the cop to say we were racing.

the fact that there were no lights whatsoever behind us (headlights, or any lights for that matter) just proves that it would have been physically impossible for him to be able to see us in the neiborhood. there was never anybody behind us, until right before he pulled us over... how in the world could he have known what we were doing in the neighborhood, saying we were running stop signs and speeding throughout it... there's no way he could know this... the likely story is that he added this into his report to make us seem like we were very reckless. if he were asked under oath if he was behind us or in viewing distance the whole time he would have to answer no.

i think he also mentions that we were looking back at him, while supposedly speeding in excess of 60mph, while magically turning right into the neighborhood... i think this stunt defies the laws of physics... that would be impossible. especially if there was any traffic on the road at all... any sane person would realize this to be myth.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:28 AM   #69
Maverick
Made Man

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Team Green Ninja !
100cc Knock0ff Dirt

Send a message via AIM to Maverick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku
ETL4life.
:confused2
ETL is bad kids, mmmmmmmmkkkkk
Old 11-20-2005, 12:34 PM   #70
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

expunged cost money also. start at about 1000$ per case. Gotta wait 5 years for each misdomeanor and 10 years each felony.
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:56 PM   #71
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
expunged cost money also. start at about 1000$ per case. Gotta wait 5 years for each misdomeanor and 10 years each felony.
so uhmm i can get one mis gone so far.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:11 PM   #72
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
so uhmm i can get one mis gone so far.
i talked with this one lawyer said he would do a package deal , if u needed more than one done.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #73
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

10 years is a long time to show a felony on your record... dat ... i might as well fight it!

trey
Old 11-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #74
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t
10 years is a long time to show a felony on your record... dat ... i might as well fight it!

trey
fight it and lose might be worst.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:34 PM   #75
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
i talked with this one lawyer said he would do a package deal , if u needed more than one done.
what about a felony

Old 11-20-2005, 02:35 PM   #76
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
fight it and lose might be worst.
same thing i said. I saw a guy turn down 1 year state jail in plea deal took it to trial and got 10 years.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #77
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
what about a felony
he said misdomers and felonies , everythign you have on ur recording he could do some kinda package deal.

if u gonna figght ur case make sure you have a good lawyer. Also make sure you have a good case.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #78
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din
he said misdomers and felonies , everythign you have on ur recording he could do some kinda package deal.

if u gonna figght ur case make sure you have a good lawyer. Also make sure you have a good case.
how about pming me his name number

Old 11-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #79
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

edited this post... it was fukn stp1d

Last edited by Petro; 11-21-2005 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #80
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

yeah that would be the smart thing to do.

Advertisement