MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #41
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
if i go to jail i will have a class b misdemeanor evading arrest.
if i take deffered it will be state jail felony (pretty much class 4) but will stay on my record as a felony.
if i fight it 2 outcomes: 1. i win, it gets dismissed. 2. i lose, i prolly get 2-10 years probation, big fine, felony conviction, license suspended.
if i fight it will be my word against his, i have 2 witnesses stating he turned his lights on to swing around them in traffic, then upon entering the subdivision, he turns them off. these witnesses are my freinds so the jury might think they're lieing. the cop also states that we were racing down hwy 6. which is not true. and he states that me and my friend told him that we saw him and we knew that he was chasing us, when in fact that is streching what we told him. we said we saw him on hwy. 6, and never gave him a second thought. all of this taking place around 9pm so its very dark, and i we would have definately seen cop lights lighting up the entire street... i mean dam u can see them from miles away. also... if we were running... why the did we stop when we saw him, and his lights come on? if we were running... we could have easily got away!
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just got out of jail arturo3rd Off Topic 39 08-03-2011 11:21 AM
Monday Ride (PP2) - Continuation of the monday ride thread below. TrevorC Events, Meets and Rides 12 06-30-2009 01:22 PM
jail sucks... JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 240 12-01-2008 12:23 PM
Is someone in jail...... Japawhat02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 03-18-2008 06:58 AM
MONDAY, MODAY, MONDAY dokoliday Events, Meets and Rides 3 08-22-2005 01:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2005, 02:47 PM   #42
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

oh my ... i was freakn out... when i found out he was charging us with felony evading! off doesnt even come close... i wish for very horrible things to happen to that cop, and hope he does somthing in his life to off, and he rots in ...

ohh.. and my original lawyer too!... he stole 5000.00 from me!

Last edited by Petro; 11-18-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:15 PM   #43
ajbmwr1100s

Member Garage

It is more than word it is exact proof PROOF of what happened....videos...his call to dispatch...witnesses....etc....i would have had this guys breakfast lunch dinner and his dessert....word is nothing in court...
Old 11-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #44
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

its called testimonial evidence... and i guess the jury would just have to decide who to believe... a cop, or a kid, on a motorcycle
Old 11-18-2005, 03:20 PM   #45
ajbmwr1100s

Member Garage

I could have set you up with a lawyer that could have helped u out tremendously having this case dismissed totally....in fact whoever this happens too you need to get help immediately...a felony ruins your life...i.e. convicted felon....theres goes a good job...justice is stated as blind...why? because they hear both sides of the cases, witnesses, cops, friends, family, teacher..whoeve regardless of what side they work onr...i am fu--ing now...a child molestar comes along and gets probation, parole, even pardoned....a felony with no proof...its ridiculous..
Old 11-18-2005, 03:21 PM   #46
ajbmwr1100s

Member Garage

testimonial ok......would your friends not be under oath...that is testimonial evidence...beyond a reasonable doubt...that is what our criminal justice system is based upon...
Old 11-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #47
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

"justice is stated as blind...why? because they hear both sides of the cases, witnesses, cops, friends, family, teacher..whoeve regardless of what side they work on"
my 1.5 yrs, of going to court every other week, and all the other time i spend their drug testing (practially living there)... ive learned that... this statement isnt true.

"testimonial ok......would your friends not be under oath...that is testimonial evidence...beyond a reasonable doubt...that is what our criminal justice system is based upon..."
i would really feel reassured if you could make every person on the jury understand this.
innocent until proven guilty my ... me and my buddy got the beat out of us in jail by a cop... b/c i guess they caught wind that we were evaders. ive been drug testing almost every week religously... and i dont even really drink but maybe twice a year ... let alone do drugs or smoke pot...

also wanted yall to know that my friend that was with me was on probation... he found out he was gonna have to do ahearing w/ the judge so he thought he would go down stairs and smoke a cig. before it all started... when he get back up, the judge started being a fukn ... saying that he was trying to escape, and leave. so he does a hearing w/ the judge, and she says he violated probation b/c she had sufficient evidence, that he was racing... her evidence is the police report... before all this happened she tells him he has to do 15 days in jail which is really only 7. but after she went into mood she gave him 120 which he had to serve 60.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #48
ajbmwr1100s

Member Garage

Thats why in essence we have to make it true...you have to fight...you honestly do....believe me....the justice system is the biggest proponent of big brother...
Old 11-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #49
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

"the justice system is the biggest proponent of big brother..."
i dont understand what this means... lol

but i am starting to grow maybe a speck of ! i might fight it... well see after monday... if i dont talk with yall after that.... im prolly in jail
Old 11-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #50
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
maybe you can get a lawyer that can call character witnesses, like your scout master or highschool coach. People that have known you for a long time that can assure the jury that you are not a bad guy and don't deserve this.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #51
cbrr03
Roscoe P. Coltrane

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t
"good to have you off the streets."

WHY IS THAT?

u sound like a pig

sorry I'm not, but you sound like a moron. Have fun in jail. :biggthump
cbrr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #52
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I would take deffered and get it expunged later. Then your record will be totaly clear. Otherwise live with a class B forever. Screw that.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #53
ajbmwr1100s

Member Garage

Fight it with a jury...the jury tends to side the other way...believe it or not sometimes a public defender isnt that bad..its their job and the more cases they win the better they look...not always the case...the jury might even agree on a lesser sentence..plea bargaining as well works because the jails are too full as it is...
Old 11-18-2005, 09:46 PM   #54
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

"sorry I'm not, but you sound like a moron. Have fun in jail."

you sound like a douche bag... but i didnt go into your forums and call u out like a .
Old 11-18-2005, 09:52 PM   #55
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

the public defender i have, has handled trial cases for a few "big" murder trials. supposedly she's got quite a few jury trials under her belt as well.

the problem with taking the deffered is that i cannot get my record sealed, until 10 years after the succesful completion of the deffered probation. (so my lawyer said)
Old 11-18-2005, 10:34 PM   #56
paniro187

I say take the probation IF you can do it this means not drink driving no wreckless driving no drugs and no being stupid just keep your nose clean for 2 years and then you can go get you record expuged. the easiest thing is going in there and sitting it out and having a misdeamenor. but in this case i would take the prob only if you can do it. thing is it's kind of a trap cause if you fight it and let the jury decide they will more than likely make you (if found guilty which more than likely they will) sorry you didn't take a plea bargain. this is coming from a guy that's been down there a couple times and has a pretty good idea how things go.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #57
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku
ETL4life.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:30 PM   #58
tahitianprincess
Motorcyclegirl

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ninja 250 06
nxt will be Kawi ZX-10R

could it be possible that the cop was chasing someone else...? and found you guys instead ?
tahitianprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:00 AM   #59
bandit

Cops suck !!!!!!!!
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:04 AM   #60
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

i keep hearing that i can get it expunged... but from what my lawyer says, it can only be sealed after 10 years from the date of succesful completion of the probation... thats a long fukn time...

tahitianprincess.... i dont know what bug crawled up that cops ! maybe his wife wasnt very understanding the previous night??? dunno either way it wouldnt help me now

Advertisement