MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #61
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

if someone came onto y property they would not be walking off especially if they pulled a knife on me
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W RACER'S ROAD RUN! Adamhijazi1 Events, Meets and Rides 71 01-29-2012 01:31 AM
So some bikers tried to run me off the road last night. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 60 06-14-2011 05:13 PM
Almost got run off the road by a State Trooper Helios General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 12-29-2009 10:48 AM
Video of the last Racers Road run gtdrivr Off Topic 2 11-29-2009 04:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #62
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post
happened to me last night too...
i took a couple of deep breaths and put the bike in gear and sped down westheimer after him. he had made it around a couple cars and got stopped at a red light so i split between a couple cars and got next to him on the passenger side. flipped up my visor and started pounding on his window and all he would do was fkn stare straight ahead like i wasn't even freaking there. wtf?

anyway i kicked a dent in his door and broke out the glass on his right side mirror. the light turned green and he flipped a so i went home because i wanted to get off the bike asap.

that's what happened.
That's a little scary - this part of the story is where YOU get arrested instead of him since you're beating on HIS car in retaliation, with many witnesses I'd guess, and none of them would have known about the previous stuff, and then YOU'd be getting the DWI too... I would have let him go after he showed what kind of coward he was by peelin' out... then it would've been over.

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #63
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamGixxer08 View Post
....he admitted to shooting at us the other day and my mom flipped out and told him get outta here and he started yelling at my mom and before he could finish a sentence my dad had him by the neck up against the truck..so he pulls a knife on my dad, and my mom broke them up and the guy heads to his truck saying hes going to get a gun, then talked some more junk after he shut his door and sped off...
At this point, I'd press charges and get the SOB immediately - no reason police shouldn't be involved. 4 people plus the perp, admitted attempted murder, threatening lives verbally, assault, trespassing, assault with a deadly weapon. If this story is true, there is reason enough for this nut to be in prison RIGHT NOW!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #64
andrave

bimmer looked me in the eyes, started in, I honked and revved, he kept coming, cut me off and onto the hard shoulder while I was riding in DC and I had on my boots with toe sliders... there were multiple toe slider shaped dents in his door, but he got the **** back in his lane.

a semi truck ran me off the road across two lanes of traffic, across the hard shoulder, and onto the grass going 100 mph on the interstate once and there was nothing i could do. never wished to have a pocket full of ball bearings or caltrops as bad as that day. barely kept that upright.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #65
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Oh, and you handled it just fine JamGixxer - what are you going to do otherwise, physically challenge this nutcase that has a gun and a knife and no sense?

Old 09-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #66
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
That's a little scary - this part of the story is where YOU get arrested instead of him since you're beating on HIS car in retaliation, with many witnesses I'd guess, and none of them would have known about the previous stuff, and then YOU'd be getting the DWI too... I would have let him go after he showed what kind of coward he was by peelin' out... then it would've been over.
DWI for 3 beers in 4 hours?

anyway, it's true i should have just let it go but i didn't. it's all in the past now anyway so all i can do now is move on.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #67
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave View Post
a semi truck ran me off the road across two lanes of traffic, across the hard shoulder, and onto the grass going 100 mph on the interstate once and there was nothing i could do. never wished to have a pocket full of ball bearings or caltrops as bad as that day. barely kept that upright.
So..... you were going 100... and as you passed a truck, he cut you off across two lanes??? AND you were still going 100 in the grass???

Pardon if this is a bit more difficult to believe. If you were going a hundred, I can't help but believe you would've blown around this much slower moving truck before he crossed over two lanes, unless he was literally trying to kill you intentionally!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #68
JamGixxer08

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
08 gsxr 600

well the 6th gear 35mph thing..we were trying to be quiet even though we were 1 street over, (i have an akrapovic shorty and my buddy has a two brothers shorty) we didnt want anyone else going crazy on us, and i wanted to shoot the guy but i was more focused on the knife in my dads face to run inside and get the gun. he actually threatened me about calling the cops and i told him i'd let him use my phone..but this guys seriously got something wrong in his head, we didnt call the cops even though we should have, but it would have just been our word against his and my luck the cops that would have came would have been the ones that pulled us over for curfew after the hurricane, they werent too nice ..i think ill invest in a helmet cam, then ill have some video proof if he ever wants to get stupid again..
JamGixxer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #69
NormGSXR1000

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 1000/ 01 F4I

Knife to a gun fight..... YOU LOSE!! And on my property.....
Old 09-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #70
andrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
So..... you were going 100... and as you passed a truck, he cut you off across two lanes??? AND you were still going 100 in the grass???

Pardon if this is a bit more difficult to believe. If you were going a hundred, I can't help but believe you would've blown around this much slower moving truck before he crossed over two lanes, unless he was literally trying to kill you intentionally!!!
I was in the furthest right lane passing traffic FAST (way too fast, maybe 120-140 cause traffic was thinning out and I was taking off) and he was in the furthest left lane passing another truck that was in the middle lane. he swept over one lane and his cab came into my lane and I put on the brakes but he just kept comin, trailer came swinging over, and when I eased onto the hard shoulder (still on the brakes) he kept coming till I was in the grass.. I could hear his tires on the rumble strip off the shoulder.. once I hit the grass I was afraid to touch the brakes, I had a guardrail a foot to my right and a truck doing (at this point) maybe 85 mph) on my left.

**** it, I dont really care if you believe it or not.

He was trying to kill me intentionally, if that wasn't clear from the story. He cut across 2 lanes of traffic and the hard median and when I finally did pass him he laughed and flipped me off.

Not much I could do about it..
Old 09-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #71
Old Wrench 997
Grumpy Old Mechanic

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1989 GL1500I FJ1100/GS750/CBX/VFR700F all in the past :(

Hey Norm! When you wheely like that and come down aren't the fork seals taking a of a beating?

I ask this because a buddies Triumph Speed triple had a leaker after one such episode....

Dang! I never knew I was a terrorist until Janet said so!
Old Wrench 997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #72
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_8989 View Post
Actually for some weird reason I can't fart when riding, don't know why

Oh man. I really LoL'ed for that one.