MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 11:44 PM   #41
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Why didnt you flag down the cop??? You riding dirty??? Not to sound like your daddy but you shoulda got the law in the action.. Johnny boy blue aint out there to hassle you like a lot of young riders seem to think..
just my .02 Dont get me wrong but I have been there before and the police wre there to help me bust the wreckless cager - dwi !!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W RACER'S ROAD RUN! Adamhijazi1 Events, Meets and Rides 71 01-29-2012 01:31 AM
So some bikers tried to run me off the road last night. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 60 06-14-2011 05:13 PM
Almost got run off the road by a State Trooper Helios General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 12-29-2009 10:48 AM
Video of the last Racers Road run gtdrivr Off Topic 2 11-29-2009 04:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #42
K. Oliveira
Cypress' OG Fo Sho!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Raven Edition

Member Garage

Whenever I have mine its under the seat. Can fit it in the pants cuz your bending over and I only have a leg holster and if a cop sees that...wow. lol
Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 AM   #43
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
Why didnt you flag down the cop??? You riding dirty??? Not to sound like your daddy but you shoulda got the law in the action.. Johnny boy blue aint out there to hassle you like a lot of young riders seem to think..
just my .02 Dont get me wrong but I have been there before and the police wre there to help me bust the wreckless cager - dwi !!
yah right dude I had to be at work, my parents would prob reconsider letting me ride and plus I was speeding. Ive already gotten into a fight on mason cops showed up and made it into a bigger deal than it already was but it was pretty cool watching the guy get scard because he had assualted a minor
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #44
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Ohhh.. Still under the parents wings...oooohh K!

yeah getting to work on time is way more important than living and dying on the streets.

Dangerous world we live in... Hmmmmm.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #45
superkat
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
954rr sold
2001 kawi zx6r sold
o2 eff 4 easy
honda fiddy

Member Garage

User is banned

superkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:20 AM   #46
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
Ohhh.. Still under the parents wings...oooohh K!

yeah getting to work on time is way more important than living and dying on the streets.

Dangerous world we live in... Hmmmmm.
sure amgotta make my money
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:25 AM   #47
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Taken his rear view mirror as a souvenier.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #48
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

I like kicking the truck/car as hard as I can then speed off before they can retaliate. Let's face it a car will win everytime unless you got some James Bond type stuff on your bike.

Or I would have got a cop involved. This would probably be the best because if you kickem some other biker might get the payback he would have given you. Personally I think bikers should be able to have shotguns exposed to even up the odds from road rage cagers.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #49
Tumper
Hullo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Just a note here: In the aftermath of IKE people are still not thinking straight and certainly not driving straight..

I haven't ridden much since Ike for this very reason. People still think it's the wild west out there....
Old 09-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #50
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
i can't recall anyone ever intentionally trying to run me off the road, but those that do it accidentally kindly have their sideview mirror removed. i figure since they're not using it, they don't need it.

if someone was to intentionally try to do it, i'd tell em off, remove the mirror, and get the cops involved. in that order, depending on the severity of the situation. someone trying to run you off the road is a felony. assault with a deadly weapon...or it may just be attempted assault w/ a deadly weapon. any officers on here want to clarify that for us? or even better give us any advice on what to do in the situation, to avoid trouble with the law, and to make sure the asswipe gets what he deserves?
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #51
99 Chris
Banned

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #52
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflys cbr View Post
Well I was driving on cinco blvd. doin about 45 mph. and as I m passing a red truck he swerved about halfway into my lane. I honk then pass his up. I got into the left lane so that I could give him a couple of words. He rolls down his window and says next time, hes gonna run my over.OH NO!!! SO we start exchanging words Mother blank and some others.. Didnt want to draw to much attention because there was a cop across the street and its not worth getting the cops into it.
What would yall have done in this situation?
Knock his mirror in or brush it off?
Get his licence plate number and have a MH party at his house.
M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:56 PM   #53
JamGixxer08

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
08 gsxr 600

Alright, im new to the forums and i was just looking over this thread and figured i'd share a story, its kinda long but i just wanted to see how you guys would handle the situation

So me and my friend are riding down this road one night that we go down at least 2 or 3 times a week, well theres these dogs that always run out in the road so we will speed up at a little to get past them..anyways we pass the dogs and this man jumps out in the street and i swerve and miss him by about 2 feet..didnt think much of it just thought he was drunk or didnt see me coming. The next day we go down the same road and hes in the yard shooting the bird to us, we stop at the end of the street and hes walking down the road with a 22 shooting up in the air and screaming at us, so we stopped going down his road and started taking the next road down. It was all good for a few weeks until last night, we take the second road like always and we are in 6th gear doing 35 mph. well we get almost to my neighborhood and this trucks riding my so i put my blinker on and get on the shoulder, he pulls up and rolls his window down and its the crazy guy. He hollers "you come down my road again and ill f'n kill you!" so i shoot him the finger and he swerved at me so i hit my brakes and went in the grass around his truck and turned into the neighborhood. The whole time my friends up ahead clueless to whats going on so i get ahead of him and signal for him to follow me. So we take about 8 streets trying to lose him but we had to slow down too much to take turns so finally we just come to my house and pull up in the garage. Sure enough he comes running up my driveway and into the garage screaming saying hes gonna kill us..i tried to talk to him and tell him we didnt go down his road but he just kept getting ignorant so i told him to get off my property, then my parents come outside..he admitted to shooting at us the other day and my mom flipped out and told him get outta here and he started yelling at my mom and before he could finish a sentence my dad had him by the neck up against the truck..so he pulls a knife on my dad, and my mom broke them up and the guy heads to his truck saying hes going to get a gun, then talked some more junk after he shut his door and sped off...i hated getting my parents into it but im 19, my friends 18, and this guys was in his late 20's..not to mention he came into my garage threatening us with a knife..hopefully he has the least bit of common sense and will drop the issue, i would have apologized and talked it over with the guy BEFORE he pulled the gun on us. As sorry as the guys is, i hate anyone looking at me like another punk teenager on a sportbike ...sorry its such a long story but i couldnt leave out details
JamGixxer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #54
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

6th gear = 35mph?

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:16 AM   #55
iCole
The iPhone guy

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
GSX-R 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamGixxer08 View Post
Alright, im new to the forums and i was just looking over this thread and figured i'd share a story, its kinda long but i just wanted to see how you guys would handle the situation

So me and my friend are riding down this road one night that we go down at least 2 or 3 times a week, well theres these dogs that always run out in the road so we will speed up at a little to get past them..anyways we pass the dogs and this man jumps out in the street and i swerve and miss him by about 2 feet..didnt think much of it just thought he was drunk or didnt see me coming. The next day we go down the same road and hes in the yard shooting the bird to us, we stop at the end of the street and hes walking down the road with a 22 shooting up in the air and screaming at us, so we stopped going down his road and started taking the next road down. It was all good for a few weeks until last night, we take the second road like always and we are in 6th gear doing 35 mph. well we get almost to my neighborhood and this trucks riding my so i put my blinker on and get on the shoulder, he pulls up and rolls his window down and its the crazy guy. He hollers "you come down my road again and ill f'n kill you!" so i shoot him the finger and he swerved at me so i hit my brakes and went in the grass around his truck and turned into the neighborhood. The whole time my friends up ahead clueless to whats going on so i get ahead of him and signal for him to follow me. So we take about 8 streets trying to lose him but we had to slow down too much to take turns so finally we just come to my house and pull up in the garage. Sure enough he comes running up my driveway and into the garage screaming saying hes gonna kill us..i tried to talk to him and tell him we didnt go down his road but he just kept getting ignorant so i told him to get off my property, then my parents come outside..he admitted to shooting at us the other day and my mom flipped out and told him get outta here and he started yelling at my mom and before he could finish a sentence my dad had him by the neck up against the truck..so he pulls a knife on my dad, and my mom broke them up and the guy heads to his truck saying hes going to get a gun, then talked some more junk after he shut his door and sped off...i hated getting my parents into it but im 19, my friends 18, and this guys was in his late 20's..not to mention he came into my garage threatening us with a knife..hopefully he has the least bit of common sense and will drop the issue, i would have apologized and talked it over with the guy BEFORE he pulled the gun on us. As sorry as the guys is, i hate anyone looking at me like another punk teenager on a sportbike ...sorry its such a long story but i couldnt leave out details
I read your story, very interesting, though if he was doing that on my property! ohh man, knife, gun, fists, im still kicking his . Why didnt you punch him or something?
iCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #56
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

i do believe i would have shot that guy as soon as he started threatening me on my own property.

considering that he's already fired a gun at you (more or less), verbally threatened to kill you, and come on your property threatening you with a knife, i don't think you'd have any issues claiming self-defense.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #57
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

thats insane. so what did your parents have to say about the whole thing? did anyone call the cops?

edit:
reading about all the crazy people and thieves are making me consider owning a handgun. Fkn scary.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."

Last edited by switch; 09-25-2008 at 11:07 AM.
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #58
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
happened to me last night too...

i had a few beers with a couple co-workers so i was doing the speed limit, signalling when i changed lanes, etc on my way home. so for about 5 miles on highway 6 this dude was like FIVE OR TEN FEET off my back tire in some corolla. since my rule is only break one law at a time, and i had a few beers, i did what i was taught to do in the situation. change lanes and slow down a little to let the dude around, but no he kept changing lanes and stayed right on my . i turned around and gave him a looooong look and put my left hand in the air like i was saying "wtf are you doing you piece of ????" that didn't work so i get into a turn lane to go down westheimer and this phag gets in the turn lane right behind me. the light was red and there was cross traffic so i put the bike in neutral and started (slowly) adjusting my gloves/jacket to make sure all the straps were on tight and this guy BUMPS MY BACK TIRE WITH HIS CAR. TWICE. before i had a chance to put the kickstand down and walk over to his car he busted into reverse and backed up, put the car into drive and peeled out around me and fishtailed onto westheimer and sped off. i took a couple of deep breaths and put the bike in gear and sped down westheimer after him. he had made it around a couple cars and got stopped at a red light so i split between a couple cars and got next to him on the passenger side. flipped up my visor and started pounding on his window and all he would do was fkn stare straight ahead like i wasn't even freaking there. wtf?

anyway i kicked a dent in his door and broke out the glass on his right side mirror. the light turned green and he flipped a so i went home because i wanted to get off the bike asap.

that's what happened.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #59
tonyboii

wow i would have gone back to that guys place w a couple of friends n gone crazy on him
tonyboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #60
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
no kidding, me too!
lol we can go practice at the range together!

CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement