MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
fidelitas88

Feedback Rating: (0)

Gotta be careful

Was riding in austin today and let me tell you guys, if you ever ride the 2222, there are a lot of slopes and curvy, winding roads......be very careful and make sure you aren't going too fast!! i ate it tonight, going too fast to try to catch up with my riding group and locked the rear back, lost traction, and skidded into the side of the road. Very fortunaately, i only have a sore left foot (THANK FOR MY DAINESE JACKET, ICON JEANS AND BOOTS, AND SHOEI HELMET!!!). my pooor poor 250's got a broken right front signal (still functioning..just hanging), cracked windscreen, and severed rear brake light......so fortunate it still runs.

BE CAREFUL GUYS AND ALWAYS WEAR FULL GEAR!!!! I was very very lucky tonight! Pretty scary getting into your first moto accident.
fidelitas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
economies tough, gotta do what ya gotta do RACER X Off Topic 7 08-07-2009 08:25 AM
BE CAREFUL! Texas94fs Off Topic 2 04-28-2009 11:39 AM
Be careful what you wish for BigComfy Off Topic 8 10-08-2007 09:09 PM
be careful... 50cc chick Off Topic 20 05-22-2006 01:07 AM
Be careful out there!! TxVrod General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 01-18-2006 06:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Ride above your head much ?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:09 AM   #3
xrcrx
Immortal

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR Repsol Edition #369
Suzuki TLR1000

Glad you're OK and the bike's repairable. Ya got off light this time, but i hope the lesson sticks with ya. Wonderful riding around Austin but many variables on the road not in the riders favor. Always leave yourself some room for correction and unknowns when riding out there, or anywhere else. Your friends did you a disservice by not having someone riding sweep or setting a pace that you could hang with. In the meantime, get the bike sorted and hop back on and ride!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:28 AM   #4
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

good to hear you werent hurt to bad
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:04 AM   #5
slowblack05
please

Experience: 1-3 months

first of all, sorry to hear, going down sucks
now
everytime we go to the forest/conroe area for some little twisties someone goes down, usually more than one, dont TRY to keep up if you dont know what your doing, or better yet, just dont go period until your more compfortable withyour bike
Old 09-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #6
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

I'm glad you're ok. ALMOST same thing with me this last weekend. Every newer rider like us goes through.
1. Scared too death
2. Gets comfortable but responsible
3. Pushes limits per comfortable
4. Ends up getting a close call or something to remind us that we aren't all that, and to be a wise rider and that the street isn't the track.

I set a decent but fast pace with my friend going on 337 towards the "Twisted or Three Sisters Route" in San Anton area. I started pushing my pace on the 20 mph switchbacks, and felt like I was going to hot into one, didn't have enough braking space, (came out of turn @ 40ish?), so I moved a little over into the flat grass on right to avoid going in too hot. We don't have anything like that in houston, so I'm learning to feel it out and get the rhythm and comfort. Well, my friend didn't have enough following space so he ran off the road at 10 mph or less (cliff w/guardrail further up ahead), and he locked rear, and bike went into soft mound of grass at 10 mph no damage. He's had professional stunt training, so he actually vaulted over the bike with a flip rolled and landed on feet. DANG! I slowed it down. What a fun ride, but I'm glad I slowed it down a little more. Speeds were low, but roads were insanely challenging with downhill steep gradients and 20 mph. That makes it harder. Going uphill and 20 mph is much easier because you have gravity helping keep you from speeding up to much, downhill is new to me!
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:58 AM   #7
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelitas88 View Post
BE CAREFUL GUYS AND ALWAYS WEAR FULL GEAR!!!! I was very very lucky tonight! Pretty scary getting into your first moto accident.

AGATT

GOOD! More need to follow.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:21 AM   #8
FJRmgm

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

glad you are OK.

Always remember this - ride your own bike......and at YOUR speeds and not someone elses speed.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #9
FKNA

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
first of all, sorry to hear, going down sucks
now
everytime we go to the forest/conroe area for some little twisties someone goes down, usually more than one, dont TRY to keep up if you dont know what your doing, or better yet, just dont go period until your more compfortable withyour bike
+1 do the catching up on straight aways
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #10
IndyRC
Mutant

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
+1 do the catching up on straight aways