MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 PM   #21
marlboroman71818
tramp

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
ok i know im a newbie and my opinion dont say much but this is my first street bike. i dont know why everyone thinks busa's are so expensive 149 a month 2300 down. not that bad at all. im a fat@ss to so im more comfortable on it and i think its better than being scrunched up on a 600-1000. thats why i bought it. the most important thing is RESPECT. stunts are cool and all but if you eat it doing a wheelie on a 600 its going to hurt just like a busa. yeah a busa might get you into trouble faster but that is where the r word comes into play..........................................Tram p
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hayabusa Power Problem dya Performance and Modifications 5 10-17-2011 05:20 PM
NEED HELP ASAP my bike has no power at all. peruvian General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 08-28-2010 02:04 PM
Which Bike is Better for a Tall Rider, Hayabusa or Ninja ZX-14 bbblitzz General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 10-29-2009 10:42 AM
Hayabusa Police Bike Texmex1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 03-07-2009 08:10 PM
bike losing power pantherv1 How To's and Q & A's 10 01-07-2009 04:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2005, 12:00 AM   #22
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

i would own a busa after my 636 is paid off only becasue i want a bike to cruise around in. ive ridden one before and the power is there but i dont feel like im going to accidentaly gas it.

every bike ive ridden feels diffrent and i have had to get accustom to its throttle, clutch, weight, etc.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:59 AM   #23
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
nope i agree with marlboroman the key word is RESPECT
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:43 AM   #24
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

I like what they look like but i dont think i would like to have one.....

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:36 AM   #25
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Some guys like fat chicks, some skinny and other guys get off to nasty- skanks that I wouldn't let tie my shoes. My Busa is my love on 2-wheels, it's not your 600, 1000 or anything else...it's mine. Ask a kid that's happy riding a tricycle why anyone would give one up for something with training wheels and the eternal argument will begin. Why would you ride a 600 when they make perfectly good 250's? Why would you ride a 250 when Aprilla makes a killer 50cc bike that looks faster sitting in your garage than you could ever get it to go down hill.

That being said.

My Busa made a little over 150hp in a previous life as a stock bike, it's now on the north end of 600. I rode a 900rr, and a Gixxer just before I bought my Busa. I don't stunt or even wheelie, but I have a love and a passion for going fast. Very fast. I've gone over 200mph more times than most of ya'll have broken 150. The Busa like all bikes is unforgiving to anyone that saddles up and thinks he's quicker than the bike. You're not and you never will be. The little known secret is it's all in the rider. Put a good rider on a 1000 and you'll beat the guy on the Busa that only thinks he's faster but has less skills.

Like it or not the Busa is the king of speed on the streets. It won't do twisties like the smaller bikes and it won't load up a weekend's worth of goods like the bigger ones either. I ride and love my bike for the same reason you do yours, it's mine.

-d :BangHead:
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:41 AM   #26
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
i wanna see someone rock out with a busa at a stunt show. haha, so wrong, but so right.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #27
Capt Penetrate
A view from my office

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
06 R6 Track
07 R1 to pose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfa3g11
x3
x4
Old 11-16-2005, 07:50 PM   #28
BrutusTx

Member Garage

I think it's a great bike and it's fully capable, in the right hands, of handling the twisties. NO I don't think it's a "starter" bike but, it was my first and only choice after not riding or owning a bike in 15 years. No regrets!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:10 AM   #29
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

So how would you rate this bike as something you could hop on and take off across the country?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #30
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

friend of mine just (this summer) rode his to Alaska from OKC
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:25 AM   #31
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

I am going to have to get something like that eventually. Because I want to do a long trip in a year or so.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:07 PM   #32
zixx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
So how would you rate this bike as something you could hop on and take off across the country?
http://www.pashnit.com/

No one has more miles under his belt than this guy. If he picks a busa for sport touring, I would wager it's a great sport tourer.
zixx6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:12 PM   #33
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Hmm...

Old 11-17-2005, 03:25 PM   #34
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

A few summers ago my daughter and I rode to South Padre Island. There were stretches of road that we were covering at 150+. Full leathers, our Shoei's and gloves in near 100 degree heat. We did well while we were riding and baked like chickens when we had to stop. The Busa has a very comfortable riding position and with a tank and soft bags on the side it'll carry you for the weekend easily.

Back to the original question: Does the Busa have too much power? No. All bikes are equally as dangerous in the wrong hands. Look at the kids that have gone down on pocket bikes, 47cc's are enough to cause a tragic accident.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:39 PM   #35
TxVrod

No kidding.. I find the question as to whether the Busa has too much power a little silly. To me, it's relative to whether or not the new Z06 has too much at 505HP. Does anything REALLY have too much power? If you don't want that much then, by golly, don't by it.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:33 PM   #36
BrutusTx

Member Garage

I would take mine anywhere, I want to do some long rides maybe out to San Diego in the spring. So far I've only done about 350 miles in one day, no problems at all. And for me, the size of the bike and the way it looks was appealing, it looks kinda brutish :>)
Old 11-17-2005, 06:45 PM   #37
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
I would take mine anywhere, I want to do some long rides maybe out to San Diego in the spring. So far I've only done about 350 miles in one day, no problems at all. And for me, the size of the bike and the way it looks was appealing, it looks kinda brutish :>)
I have done over 500 miles in one day on a 600RR. I am guessing I could do some serious damage on a more cumfy bike.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #38
strippedls1

Well having owned a couple of bikes (most recently a CBR929) before buying my busa I can honestly say its not too much power at all, and its alot more fun to ride long distances and just to cruise on since it is more comfortable and has good low end torque. I was never a big stunter anyways, and for the type of riding I do the busa is perfect and actually seems easier to ride than the 929 (that bike seemed to have a touchier throttle for some reason)
strippedls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:31 AM   #39
aperfecttool

Member Garage

boy, whether in new orleans or in houston, the same question about the busa seemsto follow me wherever i go.

i have had experience on bikes and took the MSF course and stillchose the busaas my first bike. i am also a very large guy 6'4 and 280 lbs. i love my busa and think it is a fun as biek to ride. it was the mostcomfortable choice for me. i have doen long rides on it andit was very comfortable. i have ridden the bike from new orleansto natchez ms and taken her on the natchez trace up to tupelo. i also rode her to houston form new orleans just last weekend. my busa is a 2004 and have logged over 15,000 miles which is alot more than most people have on bikes as old as 99. i think any bike you get can be dangerous as you are on two wheels no matter what. falling at 150mph hurts on any bike. luckily i have never fallen on mine. i agree it is all about the respect of the rider and maturity. i love my bike and will continue to buy one nuntil they quit manufacturing them. something has to be said though for the busa since it has never changed style, appearance or performance since its creation. it was built as the perfect bike and has held true for the past 7 years now. there is no need to change perfection once you have mastered it. i think many people who liek to talk about the busa in a negative light are simply too afraid to ride one. i don't want to hear it is too expensive either since it retails, atleast here in new orleans, $200 less than a gsxr 1000 does.

Advertisement