Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #41
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

pffft.... how bout a real match up? i'll take you on my busa
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last effort for help Shrevej8 Performance and Modifications 13 09-19-2015 06:33 AM
presents: expense vs effort Chubby Racer Off Topic 29 12-15-2009 05:57 PM
smoked!!! shiz85 General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-27-2009 03:27 AM
A for effort I guess issanni General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 03-26-2008 07:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #42
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
pffft.... how bout a real match up? i'll take you on my busa
Wasn't calling anyone out......but if you want some ninja thrown on you, come get some.....

I kid, I kid
Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 PM   #43
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
Wasn't calling anyone out......but if you want some ninja thrown on you, come get some.....

I kid, I kid
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:39 PM   #44
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetank View Post
True, but it does make me giggle a bit. I mean, it was obviously $30K + invested in his bike. He was rollin' with the attitude, too. He started the whole thing, too! I mean, he took off without provocation, and I let him take the jump, AND two shifts before I even turned the throttle half-way!

I didn't just beat him, I beat him from behind, at half-throttle, and without shifting! Those harleys are a whole lot of money to go slow, make noise, AND look like an idiot. I just don't get it!
sadly, people like yourself will never understand the reason to own a Harley.
I have all types of bikes in the stable, my harley gets all the attention from me.
I dont think I look like an idiot on mine, but I guess your entitled to your opinion, even if it is a narrow minded one.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #45
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
It's not about the beating of a Harley but the smoking of some old squid that thought he had something to compete with. Only to have his nuts served to him via the B-King.

Props to the B-King.
thats always fun, I dont care who ya are, I digs smokin folks who think they ride monsters, only to be slamming 100 ponies or less

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #46
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I have all types of bikes in the stable, my harley gets all the attention from me.
I dont think I look like an idiot on mine, but I guess your entitled to your opinion, even if it is a narrow minded one.

+1
I ride a harley as well

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:09 AM   #47
Dgig

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600

I am a sport bike rider my self But I do like the I deal of geting a Harley the take it easy and enjoy the ride and make noise is just as fun as flying with my rocket I dont think dudes should knock harleys, two wheeling on what ever you like
Dgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #48
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Bike(s):
B-KING
R1 Race Bike - last of the 5 valves
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

Quote:
Apologies to you, my two-wheeled brethren. I never cease to marvel at how something I have said, can be taken in ways I never intended.

It is one thing to own a Harley and enjoy it for what it is. It is quite another for the owner to think they have something that they do not have. I have found the same affliction in Ducati owners.

Mind you, I am not saying that ALL Harley owners and ALL Ducati owners have this affliction, but is suprisingly common among those owners.

In fact, I just received a bit of grief, yesterday, for putting a Laser exhaust cannister on my B-King. The reason: "it's not a free flowing exhaust, it will flow no better than stock!" Even though this bike makes absurd amounts of horsepower, will never run bonneville, will never be raced on a road course, and was designed from scratch to be a naked streetbike, I caught grief for going the "style" route rather than the "performance" route on the choice of a CANNISTER!

It just goes to show that many people will take any excuse to derogate other people's choices - including me
thetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #49
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Apologies to you, my two-wheeled brethren. I never cease to marvel at how something I have said, can be taken in ways I never intended.

It is one thing to own a Harley and enjoy it for what it is. It is quite another for the owner to think they have something that they do not have. I have found the same affliction in Ducati owners.

Mind you, I am not saying that ALL Harley owners and ALL Ducati owners have this affliction, but is suprisingly common among those owners.

In fact, I just received a bit of grief, yesterday, for putting a Laser exhaust cannister on my B-King. The reason: "it's not a free flowing exhaust, it will flow no better than stock!" Even though this bike makes absurd amounts of horsepower, will never run bonneville, will never be raced on a road course, and was designed from scratch to be a naked streetbike, I caught grief for going the "style" route rather than the "performance" route on the choice of a CANNISTER!

It just goes to show that many people will take any excuse to derogate other people's choices - including me
Ha! one thing for sure, it doesnt matter what brand anybody owns, be it harley or mini bike, the owner always thinks its the baddest of the bad.
I dig all bikes, just some more than others.
and there will aways be someone who will tell you what you should have done to your bike.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #50
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
. There is no helmet law in Texas, :
FYI there is a helmet law in TX

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/helmet.htm
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #51
jodyhudson

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
On the way home from dinner, I was at the stoplight, and a thin, middle aged guy on a modified Dyna pulled along side me in my lane. The first thing I noticed was that we wore NO PROTECTIVE GEAR, whatsoever. There is no helmet law in Texas, which I like. But I am very prejudiced against the intellect of those who choose to ride unprotected. But then again, he was riding a Harley. It was a newer Dyna Wide Glide with Screaming Eagle cylinders, a modified airbox, and BUB pipes, as well as a copious amount of chrome. It was obvious this guy had over $30,000 invested in his bike.

He pulled along side me and looked at my bike the way EVERYONE does when they observe it for the first time. Took a full two seconds to look it over. He then shouts to me, "Is it fast?" I simply nodded.
"How much does it weigh?", he shouted again.
"Under 600!", I shouted back.

At this moment, the light turned green. The guy on the Harley took off first. I pulled the visor down on my helmet and fed the clutch in second gear, the B-king engaged smoothly, and pulled away, effortlessly. The B-king tends to run out of RPM's pretty quickly in second. Since I am still breaking in the motor, I short-shifted into third gear.

As I pulled alongside the Dyna, the rider leaned forward and rolled into the throttle, looking for some fun. I gave him a couple of bike lengths and two shifts before I turned it on. I rolled into what I THOUGHT was full throttle.

A brief background on my riding experience: this is my first streetbike in years. I have been racing motocross, endurance roadracing, and supermoto. All these bikes have quarter-turn throttles. The B-king has a HALF-TURN throttle. It wasn't until I ran out of range-of-motion in my wrist that I realized this.

Back to the Harley: I flew by him so fast, you would have thought he was parked. I let the RPM's carry to about 8000 before I let off, and coasted over 100 yards to the next redlight.

It was at least two seconds before I could even hear him catching up!

When he caught up, he shouted, "How much horsepower on that thing?"

"About 180!" I shouted back.

"How fast did you go, just then?"

"Third gear, half-throttle!"

He shook his head in total disbelief. I just shrugged and prepared to pull away as the light turned green.

The Harley revved his motor on down the road, his open exhaust pipes echoing in the distance. I idled along in third gear, marvelling at the refinement of this amazing machine the gods of horsepower have delivered upon us mortals.

Long live my new B-King!!!
just curious what series u have been racing in ?
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #52
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Bike(s):
B-KING
R1 Race Bike - last of the 5 valves
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
just curious what series u have been racing in ?
Started racing in CCS and WERA back in '98. Went motocrossin from '99 til '02. Started off-road racing in the GNCC series in 2003 and 2004. In 2004, I was the crewchief and web guy for the Maxxis Tires sponsored, BEi Racing (www.beiracing.com) for the entire WERA National Endurance Series. In 2005, I got set up to have my own small endurance team and raced it until 2006. I also raced the Southern Supermoto Series, as well as NASMOTO in 2006.

I got married and my wife pregnant in 2007. That's when I moved to Houston. I have since been burying family members and handling family business as well as the website for K's Motorsports.

I am now enjoying my KTM motocrosser, as well as my new B-King.

How 'bout you?
thetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #53
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

dizzamn, thats a spiffy resume indeed.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 AM   #54
jodyhudson

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Started racing in CCS and WERA back in '98. Went motocrossin from '99 til '02. Started off-road racing in the GNCC series in 2003 and 2004. In 2004, I was the crewchief and web guy for the Maxxis Tires sponsored, BEi Racing (www.beiracing.com) for the entire WERA National Endurance Series. In 2005, I got set up to have my own small endurance team and raced it until 2006. I also raced the Southern Supermoto Series, as well as NASMOTO in 2006.

I got married and my wife pregnant in 2007. That's when I moved to Houston. I have since been burying family members and handling family business as well as the website for K's Motorsports.

I am now enjoying my KTM motocrosser, as well as my new B-King.

How 'bout you?
did the CMRA stuff for 15 yrs. (endurance racing for 5 yrs). thats the reason i asked. i didnt remember seeing u at the local tracks during any endurance races. if u did WERA, then u might have known my buddys that were on the Red Star team... Joe Prussiano, Brett Champagne & Ben Thompson. ive dabbled in supermoto here and there. but i just plain suck in the dirt. i hate to jump. so i did the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb in 2007 on the then new Aprilia SXV 550. got 5th in the 750cc class. i have back injuries that plague me now, so i just do trackdays when im physically up to it.

we should get together and ride at the track sometime. it sounds like u are a pretty seasoned 2 wheeler. what do u have goin on this sunday ?
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:27 AM   #55
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Long live the Naked Busa ... the B-King
bking is not a busa it has the engine but not classified like the gsr not gxr
Old 10-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #56
japster

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
78 harley

SHUT UP

and ride...

Highway Horrors
japster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #57
DEMON
That's "Mr. McLovin" 2 U

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
GTR1400
VTX1800 supercharged

Quote:
+1

I will race my Ultra classic againg any bike out there... I will lose every time but is fun to go out and have a good time riding. some Metric riders seem to have an insecurity about their bikes, and what HD riders paid for their bikes. My Ultra is worth to me every dollar it cost me. I would never buy a B-king I think they are ugly, you probably feel the same about Hd bikes.... as long as you have what you want and you are happy, that's all that matters...
Old 10-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #58
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

i only have one problem with HD, and that's how much they cost... and that's nothing against HD as much as i wish i had more money to spend on a bike.

i am kinda surprised though that i could build one (out of new parts) from scratch for less than i could go buy on at the show room... that seems odd, but parts availability is also what makes them appealing to me (i love tinkering and changing things)

i'm hoping i'll get to start on a custom bobber here pretty soon.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #59
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacivic View Post
i only have one problem with HD, and that's how much they cost... and that's nothing against HD as much as i wish i had more money to spend on a bike.

i am kinda surprised though that i could build one (out of new parts) from scratch for less than i could go buy on at the show room... that seems odd, but parts availability is also what makes them appealing to me (i love tinkering and changing things)

i'm hoping i'll get to start on a custom bobber here pretty soon.
i assure you, you can't build a brand new harley, that is identical to one off the showroom floor for anything less than what it costs new. now building something custom, yeah, you can do it, but you won't be able to build an 08 or 09 spec bike with oem parts for less.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #60
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
i assure you, you can't build a brand new harley, that is identical to one off the showroom floor for anything less than what it costs new. now building something custom, yeah, you can do it, but you won't be able to build an 08 or 09 spec bike with oem parts for less.
no, not with OEM parts, but who actually buys a harley and doesn't swap out parts anyway? (you might be able to tell from my current bike that stock doesn't really do it for me...)

that's more the perspective i'm coming from. buy a bike for $15-18k, then spend another $3k in parts to "customize" it, or just build a bike from a catalog for about $12k... sure there's a lot of labor that went into building the factory bike to be considered, but i'd be doing the work myself so

Advertisement