Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #21
Jerran V
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2006 GSXR 1000

in what way? not good for skinny guys? fat guys? athletic fit? one leg longer than the other? how?
Jerran V is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Direct Buy Grinchy Off Topic 16 08-16-2010 09:40 AM
Direct Energy.... txferrari Off Topic 9 01-08-2010 09:30 AM
Old 09-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #22
Trackday Critic
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2002 R1

Gee, my first MotoHouston post and it's a somewhat negative one. Shouldn't surprise those of you who know my penchant for pessimism.
I purchased the $1000 Komodo leathers and $200 gloves, 22 months and about 40 trackdays ago. The leathers don't fit well, but that is my fault for buying them anyways. The leathers have a non-slick liner that snags easily and can make them a challenge to put a leg into. And I'm in and out of my leathers several times per day. Otherwise, they weigh a ton and feel like they will survive a beating. The gloves are my real disappointment. They are functionally challenged and too thin in the palm. I did not test drive/inspect them thoroughly prior to purchase. They fit, I bought them. The wrist closure velcro straps did not work. At a later event I had the leather seamstress lady remake them for $20. Since then my pinky finger has come through forcing a replacement of the left glove. 2 years, 40 trackdays, no crashes, no wear marks, darn near no shifting, and still a gaping hole ? I was expecting more durability.
So my effort to support the local/trackside vendor hasn't paid off well because I limited my options to Komodo, did not get a best fit, and have had some quality/design problems. Mostly my own fault. Did I learn anything? Yes, be loyal to fit and function, not brand/dealer. Now after trying on many gloves, I wear a Frank Thomas glove on my left hand. If I go down palms first we'll get a side-by-side comparison, but I'm not planning on that.

And "Howdy", I've only been lurking for a few years. See you at the track. ECR 9/26?, maybe. TWS (Texas World Speedway) 9/27-9/28?, of course.
DavidB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #23
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
Feedback Rating: (3)

'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Everything I've ever heard about Komodo has been very positive. The negatives that have been stated on this thread are from those who felt they didn't fit well.
IMHO that's like saying, Nike shoes suck cuz I don't like how they fit. Each person's body will fit an off the rack suit differently.

If you are thinking about buying a suit, you would be well advised to do this:

1) Go see Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited.
2) Try on different suits and gloves till you find ones that you like.
3) Buy it without fear that you could have found a better deal.
4) While your at it, get some good boots (Patrick will help you with all this)
5) Ride safely so you don't ever need it.

The End
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #24
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

i have tried Alpine stars and tecniks and they both fit WAY different in the same size .
i can definetly see where a suit is better fit for "stocky" bodies and other for tall er people.kinda like a helmet for round heads and some for oval heads. .....
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote