MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Motorcycle Graphics ? for women

I often see women riding with pink butterfly helmets. Only stands to reason that there must not be much out there in the way of choices on helmets for women. So I pose this question to all women that would like to see something different in a motorcycle helmet. What would you like to see in a graphic design on a helmet for yourself. I need your input so I can come up with a good design.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
July is Women's Motorcycle Month BD#270 WILD WEST MOTOPLEX 7 07-06-2013 01:05 PM
What are the Women of MH talking about in the Women section?????????????????????????? urbanXJ Off Topic 37 06-08-2010 11:29 AM
Where to get graphics? Graphics opinions please. hotnanas How To's and Q & A's 15 12-11-2007 12:15 AM
American Women VS. Europeon Women Ramius Off Topic 5 01-02-2006 02:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Candie

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

I have a Suomy flowers! I love it!

As far as design I like anything with flowers! I am not really a pink kinda girl!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

I would like some skulls...with lightning bolts...and maybe some machine guns too. Definitely need lots of blood everywhere. And maybe a chainsaw...what?
Old 09-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

well, I cureently have a Scorpion Black Dahlia and a Fulmer Chieftain just to give you somewhat of an idea of what I like.

but here's a design style that I would love to have a lid painted with - something with a Japanese theme. flowing water with traditional Japanese flowers such as lotus' and cherry blossoms, maybe some koi fish and somehow work a geisha (sp?) into the theme. all styled kind of how you would imagine a tatoo to look
Old 09-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
FKNA

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmart2 View Post
well, I cureently have a Scorpion Black Dahlia and a Fulmer Chieftain just to give you somewhat of an idea of what I like.

but here's a design style that I would love to have a lid painted with - something with a Japanese theme. flowing water with traditional Japanese flowers such as lotus' and cherry blossoms, maybe some koi fish and somehow work a geisha (sp?) into the theme. all styled kind of how you would imagine a tatoo to look
Thanks everyone for the ideas thus far, it's very helpful. Keep those ideas rolling in.....OK Skmart, question for you. What would be a good base (background) color for this koi helmet...white? black? something else?
Old 09-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
shayshaylaba

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha YZF600R (IM proud to announce my first and new edition)

Send a message via AIM to shayshaylaba Send a message via MSN to shayshaylaba Send a message via Yahoo to shayshaylaba
maybe something with the playboi bunny or something with chinese or letters...umm something with a cute dog...something with some nice tribal design in girly colors...ummm let me think so more...
shayshaylaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
OK Skmart, question for you. What would be a good base (background) color for this koi helmet...white? black? something else?
hmmm, im thinking black would be the best so that the colors of the koi and flowers would really pop.

ooh and I forgot to add that I would want my geisha (sp?) to be more of a 40's pin up style
Old 09-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #8
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
flat black
Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
Echo4Hotel

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
03 R6

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Echo4Hotel
Out of curiosity what does a custom painted helmet run usually? I was thinking of having someone airbrush a Marine Corps themed one for me, but not sure i can drop the cash right now. Also, does it matter what the helmet looks like to start with? Do you have to start with a certain color?
Echo4Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #10
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

A really wicked zombie kitteh! Or some ferocious looking butterflies floating around carniverous plants...gargoyles, dragons...etc. Stuffs like dis:

evilcat 1
gothkittys
butterflies 1
gargoyles
greenishdragon 1
thkitty gothic
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #11
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Laurie, been drinkin again???

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #12
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Chassis View Post
I would like some skulls...with lightning bolts...and maybe some machine guns too. Definitely need lots of blood everywhere. And maybe a chainsaw...what?
Awesome!!!
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #13
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Laurie you need a kitteh helmet. But they need to be all evil kittehs or sumthin.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #14
FKNA

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo4Hotel View Post
Out of curiosity what does a custom painted helmet run usually? I was thinking of having someone airbrush a Marine Corps themed one for me, but not sure i can drop the cash right now. Also, does it matter what the helmet looks like to start with? Do you have to start with a certain color?
Custom paint job on a helmet starts out at $200 and goes up from there. The helmet doesn't need to be a certain color since any base color that's needed for the graphic can be painted first. As far as your question about what the helmet looks like, not sure how to answer. Scratched up would be ok, gouges in it wouldn't work if that answers it for you.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #15
Echo4Hotel

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
03 R6

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Echo4Hotel
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
Custom paint job on a helmet starts out at $200 and goes up from there. The helmet doesn't need to be a certain color since any base color that's needed for the graphic can be painted first. As far as your question about what the helmet looks like, not sure how to answer. Scratched up would be ok, gouges in it wouldn't work if that answers it for you.
Thanks, you answered my "look" question with base color. I didn't mean condition as much as did it need to be a flat color already, etc.

To not thread jack, I like the kitteh pics.
Echo4Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #16
shayshaylaba

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha YZF600R (IM proud to announce my first and new edition)

Send a message via AIM to shayshaylaba Send a message via MSN to shayshaylaba Send a message via Yahoo to shayshaylaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo4Hotel View Post
Well if your not afraid of sharpstown they have a airbrush shop upstairs next to journeys...im sure they can do a nice airbrush job for lease and mayb flat blk will work to start of or matte blk helmet those seem like nice textures to get an airbrush helmet done...
shayshaylaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #17
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
I like Mala's ideas...u could also do a black background with pink barbed -wire all over. maybe some other goth stuff w/ a pink twist. Not every girl likes pink, but I do! lol
Tis true what she says. There are a lot of girly designs out there, but it's harder to find girly with a bite. I like pink too, but it always depends on how it's used. I'd loveeeee a Malice in Wonderland theme with a wicked fat orange cheshire cat. I'm drawn to designs with gothic (in the modern and old sense of the word) themes.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #18
CBRchick

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Thumbs up

I agree, there's little to nothing in the way of gear for women who drive sports bikes. I had a tough time finding boots and leathers that fit correctly. Most are made for men unless......a person is willing to pay $1500.00 or more for custom!!! I can really get on my soap box about this issue. I just spent Saturday looking for a womens jacket, in my size, that zips to my pants. I finally had to take what I have now, to a seamstress and have a zipper attached to my jacket...to work with my pants....We really need more stuff for women without pink butterflies!!

I have a black helmet with a cougar paw. I'm not a cougar mind you, but it's running joke with my friends and someone put a paw print on my darn helmet. I think some evil looking female cats, dragons or evil butterflies would be cool. I like Sassy's idea myself! hee!
CBRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #19
dixiebabe

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (sold)
08 MV Agusta F4 312 R (sold)
10 Ducati 1198

I would diff Sassy's idea too. Way too much "girlie" type things. I bought me another helmet a week ago to go get it airbrushed. Now if I can get the time to get out there thats another story.
dixiebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #20
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

my lid has flowers and pixies on it. you got a problem with that?

Advertisement