Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Haga close to '09 Ducati Xerox deal.

Quote:
Noriyuki Haga is on the verge of being confirmed by Ducati Xerox as the replacement for Troy Bayliss in 2009.

Speculation as to who will replace the soon-to-retire Bayliss has been rife in recent months, but only now has the team reached an agreement with someone.

Although the deal will not been ratified until Yamaha have exhausted their attempts at retaining the Japanese rider, an announcement is due imminently.

The ever-popular Haga's arrival at Ducati is something of a surprise given his long-standing role as a 'halo-rider' in the Yamaha family, while Ducati were thought to be leaning towards either Max Biaggi or even Shane Byrne for 2009.

Nonetheless, Haga has already been given the seal of approval from Bayliss:

"I like Nori, he is a good guy,"
"It is easy for me to slip into the garage and get on with him."

Haga's only previous Ducati experience is on a customer-spec 999 run by the British-based Renegade team during 2004, when the Japanese rebuilt his reputation after a difficult season in MotoGP by claiming six race wins and a close third in the championship.

Those results helped secure a return to Yamaha - with whom Haga made his WSBK debut in 1998 and raced with until 2000 - for 2005, where he has remained ever since. Haga has taken 30 World Superbike victories and finished second in the championship in 2000 and 2007.

Meanwhile, Michel Fabrizio looks set to retain his place in the factory Ducati team but, as with Haga, his position is yet to be confirmed until an official announcement is made, possibly over the next couple of days
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo
I hope this doesn't happen, Haga is part of the Yamaha family, in fact he's royalty
I would be very sad to see him go but what a signing for the Italian team
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Bike! 2006 Ducati 999r Xerox Edition! Gumby General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 06-30-2008 04:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
MadMax143

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
A bunch of F2/F3s.

I didn't know about his Ducati days in the UK.

But still...I wouldn't have thought the Duc woulda turned hard enough for Haga-san.

Haga has been one of my favorite riders. I hope this works for him. I'm suprised by this news.
MadMax143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
i dont care what he rides. i just wanna see him win a championship. he is long over due. he is such an animal on a bike, he just needs concistancy win one. Haga has always been one of my personal favorites.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
Turnerscasa
Box it, or bin it!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000RR
2007 GSXR750

Surprised to see him ride anything that isn't Japaneses, although I don't know why. Doesnt matter, he'll ride the wheels off whatever he's ridding next year, rest assured.
Turnerscasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax143 View Post
I didn't know about his Ducati days in the UK.But still...I wouldn't have thought the Duc woulda turned hard enough for Haga-san.

Haga has been one of my favorite riders. I hope this works for him. I'm suprised by this news.
He rode for a UK based team in WSBK, but not in the British Superbike Championship.
Sadly the machinery they gave him wasn't always as reliable as it needed to be
stories circulated at the time of them over using engine components to slash costs .
he still managed a third place finish in the championship
here's a press cutting from the time:
Quote:
Haga Signs With Ducati
by staff
Monday, January 26, 2004
This just in from World Superbike:

Noriyuki Haga Makes Welcome Return to SBK with Renegade Ducati

Pre-season Update 26/01/04

Japan's spectacular and very popular Noriyuki Haga has signed today in Rome at the FGSport headquarters with the British Renegade Ducati team and will rejoin the World Superbike Championship this year as teammate to rising U.K. star, Leon Haslam. Haga (28), who has eleven SBK wins to his credit (third among active participants), will test his new Ducati 999 Ride Smart for the first time at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit of the Valencian Community on February 2nd and 3rd.

The signing of Haga, coming only weeks after the news that Australia's Garry McCoy will ride for the Caracchi NCR Ducati team, means that the championship has now been bolstered by the entries of two of roadracing's most exciting riders, both world famous for their broad-sliding, tire-smoking styles and both out to challenge the defending champion Ducati Fila team of Britain's James Toseland and France's Regis Laconi.

Renegade is one of several new teams joining SBK for 2004, along with the World Endurance Champion Zongshen squad, entering Italian Piergiorgio Bontempi and Australian Warwick Nowland on GSX-R1000 Suzukis, and the Dutch Ten Kate Honda team, dominant in World Supersport over the last two seasons and now moving up to the Superbike class with reigning the World Supersport Champion, Australian Chris Vermeulen (22), entrusted to campaign Honda's much-awaited and very promising CBR1000RR Fire Blade.

The start of the 2004 SBK season at Valencia on February 29th is now just five weeks away, but two weeks prior to Round One the World Superbike and World Supersports teams will converge for their final pre-season tests at Valencia on February 11-13, giving all teams an opportunity to try the latest compounds from Pirelli, exclusive supplier of tires for the World Superbike, World Supersport and European Superstock classes under the new rules intended to level the playing field for competitors.

With Haga now signed, the already strong Superbike entry list now promises an even more exciting season, the seventeenth in the history of the FIM's premier series for 1000cc production-based machines.

Paolo Flammini, FGSport C.E.O. said: "We are delighted to welcome back Noriyuki Haga to the World Superbike. He is a Superbike symbol and we are sure he will grant the fans unmatchable emotions throughout the current and future seasons".

Mark Griffiths, Renegade team principal added: "In Haga and Haslam I believe we have a very formidable partnership to contest the 2004 Superbike World Championship. The tyre rule enables fair competition for everyone, and we are delighted to be joining the series perhaps at the beginning of a new era for WSBK".

Noriyuki Haga: "I am really happy to be returning to the Superbike World Championship and to be riding a Ducati for the first time in 10 years ! I can promise my fans that I have not lost my exciting style and I intend to finally claim the WSBK title".
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #6
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
GO DUCS!!!!!!!! Nice having super samurai in a Duc
Old 09-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
I've always associated Haga with Aprilia. Seeing him back on a twin will be cool.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

If this happens it will be a sad day for us Yamaha fanatics. As stated Haga is royalty in our Yami family, and his departure would be shocking.

I think Shakey Burns would be a good fit, possibly better than Biaggi.
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Sweet!
Maybe we'll get some good ol' japanese "know how" trickle down on the road bikes now with Haga helping with development.

I've always thought the best bike/car in the world would be japanese engineered with the looks and character of the italians.

Either way, you guys are right, he needs/deserves a championship.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
I'm not one for favorites... never have been. Whether it's a favorite team, car/bike brand, actor/actress, song or movie, I've never had one... however, if I was to have a favorite rider, it'd be Haga. Dude is an AWESOME rider and is very classy when he wins or loses.

I'll be rooting for the Duc this next season if this is confirmed.

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #11
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Little traitor!

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #12
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

He reminds me of Rossi when he wins. Acting all crazy and silly with his clown wigs. A great sport and an awesome rider. He always looks like he is in it to win it...even if that means crashing.....a lot. Sad to see him off the yamaha. Probably a bad year to go since the yamaha should actually be competitive next year with the ground up rebuild of the R1.

Advertisement