MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
gumby1220

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'92 katana

R6 tail section

i'm in the process of making a few mods to my kan o tuna i'm in the process of painting and exhaust. next mod i'm doing is going to put an R6 tail on instead of the stock tail section. anyone know where i can grab an R6 seat and tail section
gumby1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone wants a new tail section for NSR50? Oskar_Z28 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 10 01-22-2013 11:29 AM
CCS Bike requirement... tail section Pre-K Taking it to the Track 8 04-19-2008 11:25 PM
ducati tail section...lookin good.. TWISTED METAL General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 12-25-2006 03:49 PM
tail section for R1 ikp460. Performance and Modifications 7 11-24-2006 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
specifically, rear frame? seat and trim....

or trim....
Old 09-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
gumby1220

Bike(s):
'92 katana

rear seat, frame, and trim the whole section cut from an R6
Old 09-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
gumby1220

Bike(s):
'92 katana

i'm wanting to give my bike a more modern look with out spending too much money. currently saving for a new bike but until then i'd like to fix my current bike up a bit
Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
Rawrie
The Mercenary

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 650r/ 07 Yamaha R6

I have the tail plastic, has a small crack by the tailight cutout and some scuffs, but i guess youd be repainting it anyways you can have it if you want it. I also have a rearseat since i use a seatcowl, but I wouldn't let that one go for free.

seems like an awful lot of work if your gonna be getting a new bike.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #6
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
you're looking at at least a few hundred bucks to put an r6 tail on...what's the point??? save that money and get your new bike faster. otherwise you're just throwing away the money. that r6 tail isn't going to help you get more for your bike or help it sell any faster.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

it really aint that bad. the hardest part is gettin the seat and tail plastic to fit up to the tank good enough so that it looks factory.

a trick is to weld in a bar across the frame right where your stock on is welded to the frame or bolts up to the frame. i dont know of any place where u could find one cheap but im sure uf u keep searchin forums and craigslist and ebay u will eventually find one.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
gumby1220

Bike(s):
'92 katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
you're looking at at least a few hundred bucks to put an r6 tail on...what's the point??? save that money and get your new bike faster. otherwise you're just throwing away the money. that r6 tail isn't going to help you get more for your bike or help it sell any faster.
don't care much for getting more back on the bike since i don't plan on selling it or trading in. its kind of a hobby for me i enjoy working on it and if i get the tail section it'll only cost that amount for me to install it since i'll be doing it myself. know a guy on another forum that has done the same thing thought it looked nice so figured i do it
Old 09-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby1220 View Post
i'm wanting to give my bike a more modern look with out spending too much money. currently saving for a new bike but until then i'd like to fix my current bike up a bit

While anything is possible, with enough money and time, with motorcycles.

I think your barking up the wrong tree. Nothing about a Katana and R6 are alike. for starters the subframe of the Katana is a welded piece of the "main" frame whereas the R6 is a bolt on, just that requires quite a bit of fabrication work.
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #10
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

hes goin for a fighter look obviously and this mod has bein done hundreds of times over.

a better wesite to ask this is www.customfighters.com and they will help u out alot and understand where u are comin from im on there as well
Old 09-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #11
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Look on ebay and craigslist. for parts. thats going to be your best bet. If you want i think i have a 03 cbr 600RR subframe and rashed tailsection. ill let it go for 50 bucks. (just let me see if i still have it.)

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #12
gumby1220

Bike(s):
'92 katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito View Post
it really aint that bad. the hardest part is gettin the seat and tail plastic to fit up to the tank good enough so that it looks factory.

a trick is to weld in a bar across the frame right where your stock on is welded to the frame or bolts up to the frame. i dont know of any place where u could find one cheap but im sure uf u keep searchin forums and craigslist and ebay u will eventually find one.
thats exactly what i was going to do. read my mind
Old 09-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #13
gumby1220

Bike(s):
'92 katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito View Post
hes goin for a fighter look obviously and this mod has bein done hundreds of times over.

a better wesite to ask this is www.customfighters.com and they will help u out alot and understand where u are comin from im on there as well
ahh nice thanks.

Advertisement