MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Thumbs up Product Review: Corsa III Tires

OK.... Finally burnt through both front and rear tires on the Busa, so it's time for a product reflection.

The info:

Front Tire: 120/50r17, single compound
Mileage: over 10k miles
Worn in the center/left side due to uneven passenger positioning.

Rear Tires: 190/50 and currently 190/55r17, dual compound
Mileage: 6k first tire, over 2500k on second
Worn in center, killed by mileage.

I honestly can say I was surprised when at 14k miles I got a deal on these tires. The rounded profile of these tires will upset the poser who thinks the width of their rear tire has shrunk, but the turn in by design makes this heavy cadillac of a bike feel so much lighter. Now my mileage is over 25k.

I have made five trips to Galveston, all w passengers, one to Austin and back solo(on first rear tire) several forest rides and all the intown meet and greets throughout the week I usually track around to. Riding time is Fri night, sat and sun(rain or shine.)

The rear tire did require more time to heat up the center rubber then a Power Pilot but the sides warmed up very quickly when riding backroads; and retained heat longer.

In comparison to the Pilot Powers, the transition to the sidewall rubber on the rear cant really be felt but can be heard it seems. On acceleration w my normal set up for corners the bike prefers to nose up, drop and burn out even at highway speeds. If the rear is lowered it hooks up far better and will allow a floating wheelie a couple inches off the ground. I have noticed the rear will lock up easier at a panic stop.

Never had I ever second guessed the cornering ability of the soft compound. It hadn't come loose on me nor acted unpredictably even on moist roads. And I have been able to power up through a corner(once it hits the center rubber though I lose traction.) The bike has been ridden all the way over on the sides w smiles.

My biggest frown is riding in the rain with these tires. The rear tire center patch has very little tread to diffuse water. I ride far more conservative in the rain then with the Michelins after spinning the tires frequently on light throttle(for my bike, comparable about 50% on the 600.)

These tires do require a little more air then other tires do(as the manufactorer recommends.) As for track, I've seen them utilized and w my heavy clunker I hadn't any worries to knee down on street or track(keeping in mind we are limited to a certain speed on the parade laps.)

All in all, I have been happy with the tires and recommend them. Mileage wise it depends on how you ride. I may try a different pair of shoes after these come to and end. Long distance riding has been the deciding factor on tires for me since that is the predominant form my bike is exposed to.

Pic of first rear tire, when hit center cords, tire began to split a little(no tread in center to determine depth.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_053.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	14873