MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Nicky Hayden out of Misano.

Quote:
Following his absence from morning warm-up, it has now been confirmed that Nicky Hayden will not start this afternoon's San Marino Grand Prix at Misano.

Hayden was forced to miss the previous Czech Republic Grand Prix due to a heel injury sustained during a Supermoto event at the X Games in Los Angeles on August 1, and his return to action this weekend at Misano saw the Repsol Honda rider qualify just 16th on the grid as he limped around the paddock on crutches.

Hayden will now attempt to regain fitness in time for his second home race of the season; the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix on September 14.
the injury sounds worse than we thought
let's hope he is fit for Indy
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nicky Hayden switch General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-03-2010 10:03 PM
Nicky Hayden's Throne ArturoC Off Topic 10 06-13-2007 08:30 AM
Get your Nicky Hayden wallpaper... dhdrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 11-03-2006 09:33 PM
Nicky Hayden Watch MadseasoN General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 07-12-2006 02:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
hfa3g11
OG

Feedback Rating: (4)

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
haha i love hayden but thats what he gets. i really hope he is back for indy though.
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

He may as well just kiss off the rest of the season!
XRCajun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

what channel are the races on
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
He may as well just kiss off the rest of the season!
I'm sure he did that when he didn't race Brno. His deal is iced with Ducati and he only cares about racing in front of the home crowd (which is only hours away from Owensboro) since Repsol is/ has been treating him like a red headed step child.

I'd bet that after Indy, he'll probably not race the rest of the season, and will start some early testing with Ducati (if he's allowed).
Old 09-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #6
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

I'll bet you're right!
XRCajun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
I'll bet you're right!
I don't agree with it though. Like any other potential employer (other racing teams), I'd view that as a poor practice on his part. He may have the doctor's note to say he shouldn't race, but I think we all know that most of these riders will ride through injuries and fractures for the good of the team.

I think it's reasonable because his tires suck, his parts are sub-standard or test mule parts, and he's in a bit of pain. However, if you look at it from other manufacturer's perspectives looking at a potential rider, you have to wonder, "if he's doing this with Honda, would he do this with us too?"
Old 09-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #8
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
However, if you look at it from other manufacturer's perspectives looking at a potential rider, you have to wonder, "if he's doing this with Honda, would he do this with us too?"
Maybe they will come to the conclusion they need to take care of the man. Honda has always treated the rider as a monkey, with the belief they put out the best bikes and anyone should be able to win on it. Despite the results they keep this mentality and Pedrosa will be the next victim, probably when they put more effort into thier "next great hope". Pedrosa should have no excuse as the bike is "HIS", and now he will bloame Michelin for his poor showing this season. Yeah .....I know 3rd ain't really a poor showing overall, but You get the gist.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #9
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Maybe they will come to the conclusion they need to take care of the man. Honda has always treated the rider as a monkey, with the belief they put out the best bikes and anyone should be able to win on it. Despite the results they keep this mentality and Pedrosa will be the next victim, probably when they put more effort into thier "next great hope". Pedrosa should have no excuse as the bike is "HIS", and now he will bloame Michelin for his poor showing this season. Yeah .....I know 3rd ain't really a poor showing overall, but You get the gist.
+1

I think that the Rossi years with Honda put them in that mentality. I really think that they thought it was the bike, not the rider. At that time, I think there was little doubt that the Honda may have been the best 500 and then 990. Just like I think now that the Ducati is superior in many ways. Rossi would absolutely dominate on the Duc I think, just like he did when he was on the Honda years ago.

Now, Rossi is on an "inferior bike" and posting superior results- all due to his development and skill. Yami doesn't seem to be getting a big head over the this like Honda did though.

I hope next year will be a more competitive season and we don't see any one rider dominating the series.

I hope Dani and Nicky like the new Bridgestones, 'cause I think that MotoGP is going to make a move to a single spec tire. I don't like the idea, but then again, I didn't like it for WSBK either and it turned out well.

We'll see. The season thus far has been pretty exciting, but it's beginning to smack of single rider dominance towards the end, which isn't.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Pedrosa will be on 'Stones starting tomorrow, while Nicky will remain on Michelin for the remainder of the season. I would think Nicky should get on the stones too as that is what he'll be on next year. Never too early to test...........
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

HRC's treatment of riders has been questionable for sometime,
remember Colin Edwards winning the WSB championship for them, beating Bayliss against the odds with the promise of a motoGP ride to come which Honda then of course snatched away from under him and gave to newly crowned AMA champ Nicky Hayden!!!

You would have thought that after Rossi gave them a much deserved taste of their own medicine that they would have learned a lesson.................

Nicky gave them a world championship
He is deserving of better treatment than he's had IMO
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #12
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

I feel bad for the Haydens this year they have had the worst luck.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #13
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
It doesnt look like he'll get third if lorenzo keeps not crashin.

Advertisement