MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #341
TheRRguy
12/24/06-day i got her-RR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06' Black CBR600RR

Send a message via Yahoo to TheRRguy
[QUOTE=JRxGRUBZx;1424346]no problem fool it was all joy thought ; i just made the stupid thread .sorry i didnt take the other way i just felt like hittin up 45

yea i was a little confused when you guys were at the light, and we were heading right, but it was nice to meet you and everyone, we need to do a big ride like this again!
TheRRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9/6 Area Wide Ride JOEBUSA Events, Meets and Rides 8 09-06-2008 08:37 AM
9/6 area wide pw section JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 216 09-05-2008 01:05 PM
9/6 Area Wide Meet & Ride - EVERYONE! Gixxer-Joy Events, Meets and Rides 55 08-27-2008 08:17 AM
Area Wide Meet and Greet ::: Aug 9th madness racer Events, Meets and Rides 17 08-09-2008 09:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #342
Mr.Halloween
Team Foxtrot

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05' Honda 1500Goldwing
06' Yamaha 250 Virago
08' Suzuki gsxr-750 (Current)

I got some pix from the ride here! myspace.com/teamshredfest>>Pics>>Joy Ride

EN-JOY!
--Mr.Halloween
Old 09-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #343
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

[QUOTE=TheRRguy;1424352]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
no problem fool it was all joy thought ; i just made the stupid thread .sorry i didnt take the other way i just felt like hittin up 45

yea i was a little confused when you guys were at the light, and we were heading right, but it was nice to meet you and everyone, we need to do a big ride like this again!
im down for next sunday .. it doesnt have to be big but its whatever
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #344
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

" i didnt get to meet you or chris "

i know !!!! where the were you ????? i didnt know what you looked like or i wouldve went up to you !!!!!! and i wanted to meet you...see who this grubz guy is that keeps things so interesting in these threads !!!! im sure i ll see you around.

Last edited by gixxergirloh2; 09-07-2008 at 12:43 PM. Reason: oops
gixxergirloh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #345
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
" i didnt get to meet you or chris "

i know !!!! where the were you ????? i didnt know what you looked like or i wouldve went up to you !!!!!! and i wanted to meet you...see who this grubz guy is that keeps things so interesting in these threads !!!! im sure i ll see you around.
ahahaha ... next time
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #346
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
i agree with joy...everyone that rides is an adult...they can make their own decisions...while i agree with gear...forcing someone to wear it or dont come on a ride shouldnt be done...their gear is not goin to affect whether i live or die...as long as im responsible for myself to each their own..i was behind the guy who went down..yes the gear helped him out tremendously and im glad he had it on and that hes ok...i wish everyone would wear it but the reality is you cant make em.
Agreed; but on a cruise there isn't so much danger. On back roads, that's a difference. Same goes for the track. They will not let you on the track without the proper respectable gear. Likewise for our group rides through the forest.

Ive had people going to the speed limit and wrecked their bikes. Its different when the roads start curving and people aren't use to that. Most people memorize the corners in their respectable areas, get good at them and think they can ride curves. Not the case.

And for those who always say 'well Im not going fast cuz I dont know the roads.' Fair enough, but I dont memorize streets cuz they are always changing. Its learning HOW TO read the roads, knowing when to watch the inside paint line vs the road to see how it curves, etc. Bike positioning, lining etc...

Gear is there to help YOU when YOU make a mistake. Unless you're perfect like me and wear it cuz it helps my body line.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #347
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

I DONT THINK I MET ANYONE NEW AT THE SPOT, I DID MEET A COUPLE GUYS FROM MY AREA , BUT WE MET AT THE PARK AND RIDE WILE WAITING ON EVEYONE !
Old 09-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #348
R6Nick
Ultimate Traffic Stopper

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
03 Yamaha R6
08 CRF Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Agreed; but on a cruise there isn't so much danger. On back roads, that's a difference. Same goes for the track. They will not let you on the track without the proper respectable gear. Likewise for our group rides through the forest.

Ive had people going to the speed limit and wrecked their bikes. Its different when the roads start curving and people aren't use to that. Most people memorize the corners in their respectable areas, get good at them and think they can ride curves. Not the case.

And for those who always say 'well Im not going fast cuz I dont know the roads.' Fair enough, but I dont memorize streets cuz they are always changing. Its learning HOW TO read the roads, knowing when to watch the inside paint line vs the road to see how it curves, etc. Bike positioning, lining etc...

Gear is there to help YOU when YOU make a mistake. Unless you're perfect like me and wear it cuz it helps my body line.

And that is my point bro...the guys that shot straight down to G-town and cruised there without actin crazy----fine...but the back roads like you said...with curves and looooooong straights...we all tend to exceed the speeds there...and trust me....that route definately was no joyride cruising just enjoying the day...we were moving!!!! Having a blast of course...but its just an issue that needs to be addressed----after pics went up and people saw me in them with blue R6 down...i got calls and that was a topic of some conversations...thats all...but...even if you are an experienced rider(and not you directly bro...so dont get me wrong)...then YOU should know and understand the fundamentals of SIMPLE GEAR...its funny...MOST of the senior members and people that im very familiar with...WE ALL had our gear on...it was mostly new faces that I'm trying to stress this point to that was in the HARD RIDE GROUP...

signaturecoachdavecopy
R6Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #349
R6Nick
Ultimate Traffic Stopper

Bike(s):
03 Yamaha R6
08 CRF Fiddy

OH---and BTW---I couldn't have worded the "difference" that you stated better myself!!! Great Job!!! And if this ride was listed as a simple "cruise"???...then when we create the threads...we need to be a little more specific to the routes and the possibilities...to get the unfamiliar minds of that AREA "THINKING"...("Maybe I outta go ahead and wear my gear...you know...just to be on the "SAFE SIDE"!) Instead of not knowing and "taking the chance" and regretting not wearing our gear cause the whole pack is riding hard...Are ya'll starting to see what I'm saying now??? I and I'm sure Joe will agree (JP171 I think??? sorry joe), we enjoy and love to help people in time of need and at the same time...if something happens---we unlike alot of the rest of everyone get a double-dose of adrenaline rush when something does happen...but we definately don't want it to happen to our friends...our brothers and sisters as bikers...the ones we know especially....so all im trying to suggest here is that we be a little more specific to things and stick to our vast majority beliefs as if we WERE on the track or in the Forest!!! Like I said at first...we all know it makes a world of a difference with GEAR ON--- but sometimes even Joe and I cant fix things....Gear or not...BUT---at the same token---I know for a fact---that if Neal (perfect example, and I'll even use my ownself too when I've gone down) didn't have his gear on---things probably would've been ALOT worse than it was!!! He is lucky and I give that man full respect for having his gear on!!! Thanks Neal for setting and representing as a "GOOD EXAMPLE"!!!!

signaturecoachdavecopy
R6Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:03 PM   #350
FKNA

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
There were no Gear requirments for this ride. Ride at your own risk....and I'm pretty sure all those that road without gear know the risk they took. Do I wish they would take something from this accident and wear full gear, yes. But am I going to exclude them from riding with us if they don't, no. Everyone had a helmet on and for that I was satisfied.
Next time around when people are told to take the stunting out of the lane, I wish they would heed that advice. I love to see some stunting just as much as the next guy....just not in my lane
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #351
DC_The_Boss
Track-Addict

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 R1 Raven

Send a message via AIM to DC_The_Boss
I had a good time...nice meeting a lot of you guys(and gals)...the only thing we might consider doing next time we have a ride that big is splitting up into a few groups...it was a little bit chaotic having that many bikes in one group...see yall next time!
DC_The_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #352
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Nick View Post
OH---and BTW---I couldn't have worded the "difference" that you stated better myself!!! Great Job!!! And if this ride was listed as a simple "cruise"???...then when we create the threads...we need to be a little more specific to the routes and the possibilities...to get the unfamiliar minds of that AREA "THINKING"...("Maybe I outta go ahead and wear my gear...you know...just to be on the "SAFE SIDE"!) Instead of not knowing and "taking the chance" and regretting not wearing our gear cause the whole pack is riding hard...Are ya'll starting to see what I'm saying now??? I and I'm sure Joe will agree (JP171 I think??? sorry joe), we enjoy and love to help people in time of need and at the same time...if something happens---we unlike alot of the rest of everyone get a double-dose of adrenaline rush when something does happen...but we definately don't want it to happen to our friends...our brothers and sisters as bikers...the ones we know especially....so all im trying to suggest here is that we be a little more specific to things and stick to our vast majority beliefs as if we WERE on the track or in the Forest!!! Like I said at first...we all know it makes a world of a difference with GEAR ON--- but sometimes even Joe and I cant fix things....Gear or not...BUT---at the same token---I know for a fact---that if Neal (perfect example, and I'll even use my ownself too when I've gone down) didn't have his gear on---things probably would've been ALOT worse than it was!!! He is lucky and I give that man full respect for having his gear on!!! Thanks Neal for setting and representing as a "GOOD EXAMPLE"!!!!

but if you come and are not wearing gear and don't feel like speeding... then you don't have to. yeah there were a few times that i broke the speed limit by a little bit... but we'd stop and wait at every turn, and we did except for 2403 because i thought the whole group was together... apparently when i see a shitload of bikes and think we're all there, we weren't... we had more than a shitload of bike and lost about 10... but they found us when we stopped later
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #353
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
but if you come and are not wearing gear and don't feel like speeding... then you don't have to. yeah there were a few times that i broke the speed limit by a little bit... but we'd stop and wait at every turn, and we did except for 2403 because i thought the whole group was together... apparently when i see a shitload of bikes and think we're all there, we weren't... we had more than a shitload of bike and lost about 10... but they found us when we stopped later
considering the "shitload" of bikes that were there....i was amazed it went as good as it did....with that many bikes and different levels of riding skills....its goin to be a long ride....i think you (sbfuller) did a good job on waiting on the other group...we waited for an hour at least at one spot...thats more than most people would do...especially when you got people ready to get on the road...you did good in my opinion..we all ended up together to ride in to galveston in the end...
Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #354
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

who was the wreckless crazy on the red buell?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #355
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Nick, I wish everyone would wear proper gear as well but that just ain't gonna happen. PERIOD.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't get em to drink

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #356
shanecrow99
punoɹƃɹǝpun xıs

Bike(s):
old skool
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
new skool
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r

This was my first group ride ever and I had a blast. Everyone I met was cool and helpful. Made for a great first impression. The ride was a lot longer than I had anticipated but even though I got lost it was still fun. I managed to hook up with 6 other riders and we just chilled waiting for the main pack to get to us. The pace was brisker than I had thought it was going to be. I was on a 78 KZ650 and it was everything I could do to keep up with the pack. I knew going in that I wasn't going to be able to hang with the faster bikes but it all worked out in the end. I would say that the one thing I noticed about this ride was that I was in the company of some really good riders. I never had to worry if someone was getting too close to me, or not keeping a safe following distance, or not filing behind me (instead of beside me) on a sharp turn. I only got about 5 months of riding experience (plus MSF) under my belt so it was nice to have that kind of trust in other people's riding skills. I will definitively head out for the next MH ride in my area.
shanecrow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:13 AM   #357
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

UUUUUGGHHH.... Got tied up and couldn't make it. When is the next one?? I'll be there!!!!!

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #358
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
UUUUUGGHHH.... Got tied up and couldn't make it. When is the next one?? I'll be there!!!!!
did she at least give you a happy ending?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #359
TheRRguy
12/24/06-day i got her-RR

Bike(s):
06' Black CBR600RR

Send a message via Yahoo to TheRRguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
did she at least give you a happy ending?
your dirty!!! but i was thinking the same thing
TheRRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #360
fastkid

Bike(s):
03 busa ike victim, 79kz1000 wrecked, 1100shadow ike victim

good ride and well planned out, hope to do it again.
fastkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement