MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #61
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

Thieves in prison cannot steal my motorcycle. That's assuming they do not get shot in the process of stealing it. I won't hesitate to rat a thief out. I would rather catch them in the act though and exercise my right to defend my property with deadly force.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is your R6/R1 Missing? Jason_Canuck Stolen Bike Reports 10 02-03-2011 07:13 PM
HPDs: NORTH SIDE vs SOUTH SIDE! (Drag Day) Saturday November 20th @ LMP SexualChocolate Events, Meets and Rides 0 11-15-2010 01:28 PM
The South Side is the schiznit but this meet is on the North Side! brisingr23 Events, Meets and Rides 47 02-03-2010 03:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2008, 11:55 PM   #62
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt-r View Post
and you would be an IDIOT not to. reading these posts ALL THE TIME about stolen bikes. only someone asking to get their bike stolen wouldn't have full coverage.

there too easy to steal to not have full coverage man. and its a high dollar machine. spend the extra cash, and be safe.

because i WILL say this...those bikes that they stole, you would never, ever find it again, and if you did. the numbers would be changed, and then you would have no proof of it being yours.
thanks for calling me an idiot. i have a car insurance payment and a motorcycle insurance payment. srry im not rich.
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:57 PM   #63
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

just messin with ya by the way
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #64
stunt-r
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
(2) KLX110 stock-mod class / KLX110 stocker / His & Her XR50s stock-mods

Send a message via AIM to stunt-r
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflys cbr View Post
just messin with ya by the way
dont buy a bike if you cant afford the insurance.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #65
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
True. You do have a point. But if you knew the guy, and who he ran with, you might think differently. Some crazy, crazy people man. And it is unfortunate to say, but the percentage of cops that actually CARE about this is very small. Not downing police, I am downing the LAZY police that sit at the same spot every night hiding and waiting for people to roll through a stop sign. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. I cannot stand it. There is SO much more you could be doing. Like patrolling our streets. Who are you really protecting by ticketing people who roll a stop sign? Not running it, but just not stopping 100%. You are not saving anyone's life, or doing anything for the community because that same person is going to continue to do it over and over again. They will just learn to watch for police better.

I had a bike stolen, knew exactly who had stolen it, and had all of the guys information. What came out of that? Absolutely nothing!!! BECAUSE I WENT TO THE COPS ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF HANDLING IT MYSELF!!! The guy got cold feet because the cops kept making me call him. I was told if I didn't keep calling him until he answered that they weren't going to do anything to help me. And I did, and then the guy got cold feet and said he sold it. Which there is no possible way he did. I know there isn't.

So in conclusion, am I going to risk my life by putting myself right in the line of fire when I know nothing is going to come out of it? No, absolutely not. Like I said, call me stupid, but I'm not getting killed over something that the insurance will take care of anyways. However, like I said before, I did tell people on here that got their bike stolen (if I saw the thread within a couple of days of the incident) exactly where they need to look. So I don't see that I am in the wrong for that at all.

I could have kept my mouth completely shut.
you obviously didn't talk to anyone in the auto theft division at HPD. those guys are fkn hardcore for catching people. they will set up all kinds of stings to bust a ring up. of course a traffic cop isn't going to give a , it's not his job, but talk to the right people, and gets done. you can say all the excuses you want, but fact of the matter is, you're still a part of the problem.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:17 AM   #66
pimp2303

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
78 Yamaha yz400, 07 Honda cr-f230,

Member Garage

Quote:
when i bought my bike i had liab. on it. i was quoted $1000/month for insurance and my bike on was $5000. its no way i was going to pay that much for full coverage and my bike was that cheap. maybe thats why i always kept my bike in my garage.

ie. i didnt read the whole thread if that means anything.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #67
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

hey that kid added me to his myspace. any info ya'll want?
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #68
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

let 'em steal my bike... i need a new one. but steal my new one... and i'll see how close of a cluster i can get at 10 yards
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #69
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

he added me too.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #70
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

i used to work at a speed shop on dixie dr between telephone and mykawa. hole part of houston. numerous shops in the area were being broken into and tools stolen. i lost close to 7000$ in tools. the cops and my boss actually set up a sting or "bait" and sat inside all night with the lights off waiting. no one actualyy came. one guy pulled up sat there and called the police to tell them we had left the door open and it was a bad part of town and someone should be notified. my boss and the cops were listening to the call on the radio as the guy was sittin in the drive makin the call. kinda funny. so i dont know about the comment on baiting a thief. i guess you would have to prove you were baited. kinda hard to do as a dead man. it blows me away that people think stealing is worth their life. fukin blows me away. if it isnt motos tho it would be somethin else. i blame rap music! lol
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #71
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

Quote:
srry dont work a full time job
Quote:
Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #72
SVDan
MoveBeech

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S
KX 250
Fiiddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
i blame rap music! lol

Ha-ha
Old 09-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #73
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Ball Ins. Highlands Texas. I know we have a sponsor but noone beat their price...

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #74
Sniper1
Long Range Diplomat

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki RM250

Quote:
After the second time I called the cops out. I told the cop I was going to leave my garage open and when they went to take my let Andrew Reynolds talk to them(my nickname for my nasty ol AR-15). He said it would be a bad idea cause it would be considered "baiting" which is horse , and if I killed them the family of the deceased jacker could still come back and sue me!!!
If I happen to leave my garage door open, that doesnt mean its an invitation to take my property. And if I happen to catch said person taking it and take his life....I would welcome a lawsuit saying I was baiting someone. Plus, I would be willing to bet the burglar has a previous record. And against my flawless record, I doubt someone would take a dirty thieves side.

This is Texas....you have every right to defend your property.

Plus, all you have to do is say the guy bumrushed you with a screwdriver and it was self defense. We did it in Iraq all the time.

Quote:
True. You do have a point. But if you knew the guy, and who he ran with, you might think differently. Some crazy, crazy people man.
Always amazes me why people fear people who hang out or associate with supposedly bad people. If I had a nickel everytime some punk in a bar said he was a force to be reckoned with based on who he hung out with.....

90% of the time, its utter bullsh/t.

Besides, what makes someone tough? Stealing someone elses property? Going to the gym and having big muscles? Dressing a certain way and listening to certain music? What is the defintion of tough to the point where it invokes fear?

If someone was trying to kill you or your family and you had no choice, would you kill?

If the answer is yes, you are every bit as mean, tough, hardcore as anyone out there.

Bottom line.....dont ever let another man make you fear him.That is way to much power to give to someone to have that kind of power over you.

Advertisement