Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #41
SVDan
MoveBeech
 
SVDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Leon, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 132


Bike(s):
2006 SV650S
KX 250
Fiiddie







Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfist View Post
i know, i was just joshin.

cops can't even verify that number, they have to seize it and contact the manufacturer.

I heard of and seen a few people that do the bike swapping with another frame from ebay and yes the state troppers know what to look for on stolen bikes as far as the engine numbers to the frame numbers..Not exact match, but simular.. And there is a guy that works at Stubbs ( is all I am saying) that will restamp the vin numbers for you, its a big racket here in Houston with a lot of players, even an insider at one of the county tax offices to make sure u have a new clean title..
I know u r all wondering how I know this , simple I knew a hood rat guy that I used to work with that always had new bikes! The popo knows all about it, but cant do much unless they can prove it, just like the shop on Westheimer and Hwy 6, u all know the one, they have sold stolen bikes with swapped frame and no way the engine number is even close to the frame number.
I say burn them all and let sort it out!!
__________________
SVDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is your R6/R1 Missing? Jason_Canuck Stolen Bike Reports 10 02-03-2011 07:13 PM
HPDs: NORTH SIDE vs SOUTH SIDE! (Drag Day) Saturday November 20th @ LMP SexualChocolate Events, Meets and Rides 0 11-15-2010 01:28 PM
The South Side is the schiznit but this meet is on the North Side! brisingr23 Events, Meets and Rides 47 02-03-2010 03:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #42
J lo
I am who U say I am
 
J lo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 115












Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfist View Post
A fellow called me the other night saying that his friend jacked an 06 R1, from somewhere around Huffman or Atascocita I think.
is this "fellow and his friend" in Harris Co or Montgomery Co? When you say that he jacked an 06 R1.... can you confirm this... how about where the bike is now?
J lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #43
1551r1
Member
 
1551r1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Downtown Houston, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 22

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2006 R1
2008 Grizzly 700 S/E








Any of you guys know if this stolen bike was the one involved in the police chase in one of the other threads created on the 28th?
1551r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #44
monkeyfist
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Japan
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,075

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
yours









User is banned

.
monkeyfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:14 AM   #45
J lo
I am who U say I am
 
J lo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 115












Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfist View Post
i know, i was just joshin.

cops can't even verify that number, they have to seize it and contact the manufacturer.
ummmmm that's a negative. bike or motorcycle, it does not matter. There are part numbers all over them that can be matched to spacific vins immediately. You just have to know how to do it.
J lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:54 AM   #46
hughes40
Staatsfeind Nr. 1
 
hughes40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SXSW
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,021

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6
2003 Sv650
2003 CBR 600rr
2003 Katana -pos
Mongoose Circa 87






Send a message via MSN to hughes40 Send a message via Yahoo to hughes40 Send a message via Skype™ to hughes40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVDan View Post
I heard of and seen a few people that do the bike swapping with another frame from ebay and yes the state troppers know what to look for on stolen bikes as far as the engine numbers to the frame numbers..Not exact match, but simular.. And there is a guy that works at Stubbs ( is all I am saying) that will restamp the vin numbers for you, its a big racket here in Houston with a lot of players, even an insider at one of the county tax offices to make sure u have a new clean title..
I know u r all wondering how I know this , simple I knew a hood rat guy that I used to work with that always had new bikes! The popo knows all about it, but cant do much unless they can prove it, just like the shop on Westheimer and Hwy 6, u all know the one, they have sold stolen bikes with swapped frame and no way the engine number is even close to the frame number.
I say burn them all and let sort it out!!
wow. finally someone with to say it.
__________________
hughes40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #47
SVDan
MoveBeech
 
SVDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Leon, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 132


Bike(s):
2006 SV650S
KX 250
Fiiddie







Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes40 View Post
wow. finally someone with to say it.


__________________
SVDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #48
1badSRAD
Member
 
1badSRAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61


Bike(s):
2007 zx6r
1995 zx9r








my parents have some friends who live down the street from them who know i ride and we were all over at my parents house for drinks one night. my dads friend says his daughters boyfriend just got a bike and he couldnt get it started. it was over in his garage at his house he said it would be nice if i took a look at maybe gave his daughters bf a hand. so i go over there later that nite his daughter and bf are gone, i start looking at the very nice gsxr1000 with a punched ignition and i wiring nightmare stuffed under the ignition. i should him and he called the police. the police came and ran vin, yep it was hot, so one cop waited for the bf to come drop off daughter and arrested his punk , they also found meth in his car so he went byebye. i dont know if the bike was returned to owner or insurance or what not but it made me fill good he got what he deserved
1badSRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #49
Gixxer-Joy
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,365

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
K8 GSXR-600 (The Pearl)









User is banned

.
Gixxer-Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #50
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,062

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Wow I just got an email from a Friend's Son who asked me if I knew someone who lost an r6 recently. Some 18yr old is trying to sell it for $500 and telling everyone they just need to get a new vin and plastics.

Got his myspace page...and trying to add him now.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=55507335
I'm assuming his profile pic is the bike....if you recognize it let me know and I will call him back and track down info on the kid!!!
well, that little son of a

his mood says ''
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #51
1badSRAD
Member
 
1badSRAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61


Bike(s):
2007 zx6r
1995 zx9r








Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Wow I just got an email from a Friend's Son who asked me if I knew someone who lost an r6 recently. Some 18yr old is trying to sell it for $500 and telling everyone they just need to get a new vin and plastics.

Got his myspace page...and trying to add him now.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=55507335
I'm assuming his profile pic is the bike....if you recognize it let me know and I will call him back and track down info on the kid!!!
the profile pic is gsxr
1badSRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #52
jfly
RIP Coach Dave
 
jfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Huntsville/Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,764

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust




Member Garage





little pos i tried adding the head. its time to play smear the queer.
__________________
2147843650102538748pyAvEK th
WHATEVA! Ill do what I want!
Street Experience 9 to 12 months
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #53
stunt-r
Senior Citizen
 
stunt-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,641


Bike(s):
(2) KLX110 stock-mod class / KLX110 stocker / His & Her XR50s stock-mods









Send a message via AIM to stunt-r
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
yeah, and then you would all go to jail for assault, and a slew of other charges.

the reason the cops never do anything when a bike gets stolen, even though everyone knows about it, is BECAUSE NO ONE EVER HAS THE TO TELL THE COPS WHAT WE KNOW. they have to have evidence to get things like search warrants, arrest warrants, etc. since no one will tell them anything and would rather "keep it on the streets" no one ever gets busted, and no one ever gets their bike back.
I have to disagree with that. A guy that went to my high school, same instance this guy is in...I knew stole bikes. I heard about it all the time, and I am sure some of you on here got your bikes stolen by him.

I kept myself out of it. I know he knows a LOT of people, and if I opened my mouth, chances of me getting seriously hurt and/or killed are very high. So I just pretended not to hear anything or speak a word. Call me wrong or crazy, but you are out of your mind if you think I am getting involved with that. Now you can ask a few people on here. I tried helping them find their bikes. I wasn't sure if that guy had stole them or not, but I knew what he did with them before he took them to his place. And I tried a few times to get some guys' bikes back. No luck, but at least I tried you know.

But back to the reason I disagree with it, after tons of bike he had stolen, finally lead back to him, and he got busted. So thieves do get caught, just a matter of how long it takes. But I can tell you, they weren't stupid in the ways they got them. Pretty clever actually. But I am glad he is done and caught. He will spend some time in jail, due to the fact he got caught with one bike in the garage that was stolen, and several items that were stolen out of cars.
__________________
I love minis.
stunt-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #54
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
and to think, if you had the to go to the police and tell them what you know, he would have probably been caught a long time ago. and many many people wouldn't have had to go through the grief of getting their stolen.

the reason it takes so long for the cops to bust known thieves, is NO ONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY DO WILL ADMIT IT!!! so it takes them forever to gather the evidence they need to bust them.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #55
v4lu3s
Senior Member
 
v4lu3s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,381

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
and to think, if you had the to go to the police and tell them what you know, he would have probably been caught a long time ago. and many many people wouldn't have had to go through the grief of getting their stolen.

the reason it takes so long for the cops to bust known thieves, is NO ONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY DO WILL ADMIT IT!!! so it takes them forever to gather the evidence they need to bust them.
I totally agree with this. The police talk to people ALL the time with information, but most of them are unwilling to say anything because they "don't want to get involved" or some other . When everyone decides to turn a blind eye to crime then criminals run everything.

To me not speaking out about what you know is condoning the theft and continued thefts.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #56
stunt-r
Senior Citizen
 
stunt-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,641


Bike(s):
(2) KLX110 stock-mod class / KLX110 stocker / His & Her XR50s stock-mods









Send a message via AIM to stunt-r
Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
I totally agree with this. The police talk to people ALL the time with information, but most of them are unwilling to say anything because they "don't want to get involved" or some other . When everyone decides to turn a blind eye to crime then criminals run everything.

To me not speaking out about what you know is condoning the theft and continued thefts.
True. You do have a point. But if you knew the guy, and who he ran with, you might think differently. Some crazy, crazy people man. And it is unfortunate to say, but the percentage of cops that actually CARE about this is very small. Not downing police, I am downing the LAZY police that sit at the same spot every night hiding and waiting for people to roll through a stop sign. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. I cannot stand it. There is SO much more you could be doing. Like patrolling our streets. Who are you really protecting by ticketing people who roll a stop sign? Not running it, but just not stopping 100%. You are not saving anyone's life, or doing anything for the community because that same person is going to continue to do it over and over again. They will just learn to watch for police better.

I had a bike stolen, knew exactly who had stolen it, and had all of the guys information. What came out of that? Absolutely nothing!!! BECAUSE I WENT TO THE COPS ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF HANDLING IT MYSELF!!! The guy got cold feet because the cops kept making me call him. I was told if I didn't keep calling him until he answered that they weren't going to do anything to help me. And I did, and then the guy got cold feet and said he sold it. Which there is no possible way he did. I know there isn't.

So in conclusion, am I going to risk my life by putting myself right in the line of fire when I know nothing is going to come out of it? No, absolutely not. Like I said, call me stupid, but I'm not getting killed over something that the insurance will take care of anyways. However, like I said before, I did tell people on here that got their bike stolen (if I saw the thread within a couple of days of the incident) exactly where they need to look. So I don't see that I am in the wrong for that at all.

I could have kept my mouth completely shut.
__________________
I love minis.

Last edited by stunt-r; 09-01-2008 at 10:52 PM.
stunt-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #57
Captain
The Beast
 
Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: On The Streets
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,441

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000




Member Garage





I go tell me when aND WHERE I NEED TO LET OFF SOME STIM
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #58
jfly
RIP Coach Dave
 
jfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Huntsville/Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,764

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt-r View Post
True. You do have a point. But if you knew the guy, and who he ran with, you might think differently. Some crazy, crazy people man. And it is unfortunate to say, but the percentage of cops that actually CARE about this is very small. Not downing police, I am downing the LAZY police that sit at the same spot every night hiding and waiting for people to roll through a stop sign. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. I cannot stand it. There is SO much more you could be doing. Like patrolling our streets. Who are you really protecting by ticketing people who roll a stop sign? Not running it, but just not stopping 100%. You are not saving anyone's life, or doing anything for the community because that same person is going to continue to do it over and over again. They will just learn to watch for police better.

I had a bike stolen, knew exactly who had stolen it, and had all of the guys information. What came out of that? Absolutely nothing!!! BECAUSE I WENT TO THE COPS ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF HANDLING IT MYSELF!!! The guy got cold feet because the cops kept making me call him. I was told if I didn't keep calling him until he answered that they weren't going to do anything to help me. And I did, and then the guy got cold feet and said he sold it. Which there is no possible way he did. I know there isn't.

So in conclusion, am I going to risk my life by putting myself right in the line of fire when I know nothing is going to come out of it? No, absolutely not. Like I said, call me stupid, but I'm not getting killed over something that the insurance will take care of anyways. However, like I said before, I did tell people on here that got their bike stolen (if I saw the thread within a couple of days of the incident) exactly where they need to look. So I don't see that I am in the wrong for that at all.

I could have kept my mouth completely shut.
not everybody has full coverage insurance
__________________
2147843650102538748pyAvEK th
WHATEVA! Ill do what I want!
Street Experience 9 to 12 months
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #59
stunt-r
Senior Citizen
 
stunt-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,641


Bike(s):
(2) KLX110 stock-mod class / KLX110 stocker / His & Her XR50s stock-mods









Send a message via AIM to stunt-r
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflys cbr View Post
not everybody has full coverage insurance
and you would be an IDIOT not to. reading these posts ALL THE TIME about stolen bikes. only someone asking to get their bike stolen wouldn't have full coverage.

there too easy to steal to not have full coverage man. and its a high dollar machine. spend the extra cash, and be safe.



because i WILL say this...those bikes that they stole, you would never, ever find it again, and if you did. the numbers would be changed, and then you would have no proof of it being yours.
__________________
I love minis.
stunt-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #60
JoeCoolR1
would rather be riding.
 
JoeCoolR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 87

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 F800GT
2012 FLSTF
2004 R1 (sold)







So is there a better way to protect your bike so thieves can't 'punch' the ignition, or is it better just to keep it in sight when you are in having a drink with your buds.
JoeCoolR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy